Country Bear Jamboree, is it worth it?

melanieh1

Mouseketeer
Does anyone think Country Bear Jamboree is worth the time? We have never done it and my daughters are 8 and 12. Does anyone know the times? I couldn't find them on stevesoares.

We don't care for this show and my kids were 5, 5 and 7 when we saw it. I remember it from when I was a kid and I loved it then, but I was bored when I went this past time. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it, but if the crowds are low and you have extra time because you aren't standing in long lines, then go for it.

Does anyone think Country Bear Jamboree is worth the time? We have never done it and my daughters are 8 and 12. Does anyone know the times? I couldn't find them on stevesoares.
Shows run approximately every 20 minutes.

Is it worth it? Well, I certainly think so... the Country Bear Jamboree is an important part of WDW History. It was one of the original attractions back in 1971, and the original show still plays (there have been some improvements to the mechanics and programming). I watched this show just the other day and was delighted to see the audience still laughing at the jokes.

I watched it with my granddaughter, age 3, while her mom and dad and brother did Splash Mountain. We liked it!:)

TC:cool1:

It is one of the few (this and maybe the speedway) that I actually look at my watch the minute it starts wondering when it will be over. My kids (4&5) sort of like it. If you have never seen it I would see it. But once is truly enough for me.

It's cute is a corny kind of way, and great when you need to rest your feet for a bit. Otherwise, I don't go out of my way to see it.

I agree it's a one time thing. If I didn't have kids with me I would skip it. My then 6 year old liked it. My then 4 year old was too scared to go in (she didn't want to go on anything she couldn't see into!) so I'm sure we'll have to go see the show again next time we go.

I remember liking it as a kid... but in recent trips, we did it once, and vowed never to go back. If you need a break or want to put your feet up, sure it's a place to go. If you're strapped for time, I'd give it a pass. I'm sure you can find it on youtube ;)

Shows run approximately every 20 minutes.

Is it worth it? Well, I certainly think so... the Country Bear Jamboree is an important part of WDW History. It was one of the original attractions back in 1971, and the original show still plays (there have been some improvements to the mechanics and programming). I watched this show just the other day and was delighted to see the audience still laughing at the jokes.

Does it run until the park closes?

When my kids were 2 and 4 y.o., they loved it. It's corny but not a bad place to sit and get out of the heat.

When I was a child,my father used to sing There is Blood on the Saddle. We all thought that was a stupid song he made up. I'll always remember the first time we all saw The Country Bear Jamboree and big Al came on singing that song. For that reason,(thinking of my father),I go to CBJ every chance I get. One day I am going to get up the nerve to ask the CM on duty if they can open the curtain between shows and I can stand in front of Big Al and get my picture taken with him.

I enjoy it. When I do day trips, I never hit it, I usually skip any resemblance of a show (Tiki birds, Bears, PhilharMagic as much as I love it) unless there are no wait times. If I'm on vacation, I definitely hit it.

A good time to hit them is in between fastpass return times. It kills a good 20 minutes if the timing is right.

The Bears are classic. They aren't for everyone though. I personally feel they need to go under a really nice refurb to make smoother animatronics. Other than that, I do love it. I almost feel guilty at times for not hitting Carousel of Progess and the Country Bears. It's original Disney at it's best.

I can't believe the absence of love for the Bears!

Maybe it's just my family's warped sense of humor, but every time we're down there it just doesn't seem like a vacation unless we see the Country Bears and spend the rest of the day trying to make each other laugh by singing Blood on the Saddle at random intervals.:rotfl:

Of course, we're also the ones who walk through the parks quacking like the penguins from Muppets 3D!

It is a nice place to cool off in the Summer or if you are waiting for your fastpass time for splash or big thunder.

I really don't like it at all, DW likes it though.

We will try just about any attraction to see for ourself if we like it, you just never know what you are missing until you try it for yourself.

It's hardly a must do, but little ones seem to enjoy it, and as others have said it's a great place to sit and get out of the afternoon sun for while..

It cracks up DH and I. The kids thought it was okay. You have to see it atleast once.

I enjoy the show. I love the bear girl that comes down from the celling on her swing. She makes me smile. The kids typically enjoy it. It is historical Disney.

It is air conditioned and soft seating. So if you go in and hate it, take a moment to just chill in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter