Counter Service to go?

erin_s

Earning My Ears
Is it possible to order your food to go at quick serve locations in Universal? It would definitely make ordering at peak times easier so we don't need to wait for a table. I haven't seen anyone talk about this. We are going next week for 4 days. It's been several years since we've been and even then we only went for 1 day. Looking forward to experiencing all the fun!

Just to piggyback on this question... now that all the restrictions have been lifted at Universal, do you still have to mobile order for quick service or can you now get in line and order at the counter when you’re ready to eat? We were there in October and December last year and it took forever to get our food with mobile ordering.

Is it possible to order your food to go at quick serve locations in Universal? It would definitely make ordering at peak times easier so we don't need to wait for a table. I haven't seen anyone talk about this. We are going next week for 4 days. It's been several years since we've been and even then we only went for 1 day. Looking forward to experiencing all the fun!
We just got back from an 8 day trip and didn't seem to have that option....except at Today cafe, where you can get in line to order and take it out the door if desired.

Just to piggyback on this question... now that all the restrictions have been lifted at Universal, do you still have to mobile order for quick service or can you now get in line and order at the counter when you’re ready to eat? We were there in October and December last year and it took forever to get our food with mobile ordering.
We still had to get in line, wait for a table, mobile order and wait. So basically you can preorder your food items, but it doesn't start getting prepared until you sit and scan your table qr code/enter table number in. It's not really fast food any more. It takes at least an hour for any "quick service" meal - but can take up to 2 depending on how busy they are. We were at Three broomsticks for about 2 hours.... 30 mins in line, then seated/ordered and another 30 mins or so for food to actually come and then eat. I have heard if you're paying cash or don't have mobile ordering available (ie no phone) you can go to counter and order but good luck on finding some where to sit and eat later if you take it to go!

I’m guessing the hotels aren’t as busy? We aren’t opposed to doing that either since we are there for several days. Can we take a boat to one of the hotels if we aren’t staying there? We will be at Cabana Bay, but it would be fun to check out the other hotels and avoid the lunch/dinner crowds in the parks.

I am here now, staying at SF… just as busy here. Went to the grab and go at 10 pm figuring to get quick stuff as we were hungry. Line was out the door. The parks and the restaurants at the hotels seem to all be understaffed right now. And at CityWalk if you don’t have a reservation, it is very difficult to find a place for a sit down meal. And all of the walk up places have very long lines. It has been a bit frustrating to say the least. But I did manage to get reservations for lunch every day somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter