Could Rachael Ray do WDW on $40 A Day?

No problem!

You stay Concierge, then you only need to buy dinner.

Actually, we generally spend around $500 per week on food for the 3 of us. That breaks down to around $24 per day per person. We have the refillable mugs (we stay on site). B/fast is generally just a bagel. Lunch is something light at a counter, and we have a nice dinner. We even eat a couple nice meals at Artist Point. No drinks for us. We also eat dinner at Trails End, and have something from the food court once.

Too Funny..... I'm reading this thread while watching 30 minute meals with Rachel Ray !! :rolleyes: And, just for the record... I thought my husband was the only one with the crush on Rachel Ray !!! I'm going to try to e-mail her too, and see if she has done WDW in $40.00 or if she may be doing it soon. That would be so cool if she was there when we were !!!:wave:

I do have to agree though, she is really an el-cheapo when it comes to tipping. I like watching her show 30 minute meals too. Usually she is making something that looks rather tasty. I'm also pretty sure it is fairly easy to do $40 a day for one person at WDW, I want to see her do something like $80 a day for a family of four, I'd watch that for sure.
Kim

On the Food Network there is a Rachael Ray discussion board that is pretty interesting. But, I didn't find anywhere to e-mail her. Everyone on the boards do comment on her poor tipping. But, for $40.00 a day there's only so much left for tips, I guess !!:wave:

She doesn't have to tip big. Her show gives these eateries the best FREE advertisement anyone could ask for. Now, the waiters might not feel that way, but oh well...:rolleyes:

$40 can be done quite nicely, esp. at Epcot. However, anyone here knows that tipping IS a huge part of any vacation food budget, and I'd be embaressed to leave less than 15% unless the service was awful.

Besides, the waitstaff doesn't benefit much, if at all, from free advertising, and the individual(s) who own the establishment probably aren't doing all that bad financially.

Perhaps she's sneaky and tips extra off camera...

Otherwise, I think its poor taste to tip so low!

~Mira

I have no idea who Rachael Ray is, but $40 for one person's meals at WDW is no challenge at all! Anyone can manage three counter-service meals for $40. The real question is HOW WELL could you eat on $40 per day?

Actually, we never manage three meals a day at Disney. That's probably because we always go in the summer, and we don't want so much to eat in the heat. We usually do one quicky-light counter service meal, then one nice sit-down meal (usually an early dinner). We carry our own snacks and drink from the water fountains instead of buying sodas, which we try to minimize for health reasons. Even without particularly paying attention, we are well under $40 per day.

When I clicked on this thread, I thought the question concerned her TOTAL TRIP -- hotel, food -- well, tickets would be impossible -- unless she did time share deals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter