Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed on the 2nd floor of Casitas 4, and it took less than 5minutes to walk to the pepper market. The dig site was a little bit longer, since its pretty much right across the lake and you have to walk around one way or the other to get there. The Casitas pool (right in the middle of Casitas 4) goes from 3 feet to 5 feet.

Thank you so much!!! :flower3:

How big are the mini-fridges? We're going to be picking up some groceries on the way in and want to make sure not to get too much stuff or anything too big. Will a half gallon of milk and a half gallon of orange juice fit? I also want to get 12 yogurts to put in there along with some cheese sticks, baby carrots, and some other breakfast-type items.

What are some good breakfast-type items to get? We will not be paying the price Pepper Market wants for the breakfast buffet... especially when I'm not a breakfast person anyway. My two boys are big breakfast eaters and I'm making my grocery list now. Ideas?

I can't speak for the fridge size but we were at Pop last September and we took granola bars, cereal and instant milk powder. The milk powder isn't amazing to drink but it is fine in cereal and we didn't have to worry about keeping it in the fridge. I made sure I filled the ice bucket up at nice and we had nice cold water for making the milk in the morning. We did end up with a fridge from a fridge swap on here in the end but if we hadn't gotten it, this was a good idea for us. I also got cheap plastic bowls from the dollar store for the milk or the kids could use the box that the individual cereal came in. I remember having those on vacation as a child and it was always cool to eat cereal with milk in the box! :thumbsup2

My partner and I will get to find out first hand the end of September how great CSR is when we go on a just us, no kids trip! :cool1::banana::cool1:

We got back on the 18th from 6 nights/7 days at CSR. We had requested Cabana 9b in part due to my partial disabilities. We got Ranchos 6A. I'm pretty sure that as far as you can get from 9b. At first I was a bit disgruntled but the resort was booked solid so I figured we'd make it work. It helped immensely that we had a rental car, and never did quite make it to the pool. I'm ashamed to admit I never even SAW a pool, I brought my swimsuit too. But between the parks, and both hubby and I having some medical issues during the trip it didn't happen. We were within a couple of minutes walk from bus stop 3, and in a way that was better then being in the Cabanas because it was only the 2nd stop picked up on the way to the parks so we always got a seat on the bus. If we wanted to go to El Centro we just used the rental car to drive there, park, do our stuff and continue. We also could have used any bus going by the bus stop to go there and then taken a bus headed towards Downtown Disney back to our bus stop.

The room was really nice and Mousekeeping did a good job. I didn't get any towel animals but I did get 2 towel "flowers" on my bed. Once when we arrived and another later on when they saw our Anniversary buttons (we were on a belated 15th, early 16th anniversary trip). I found the beds comfy, but I still brought my travel 2inch memory foam matress with its flannel sheet cover. It was easier to pay the 2nd bag fee and know I'd sleep well then worry about that with my fibromyalgia/cfids making me unable to enjoy the trip. The pillows were beyond plentiful - 4 per bed, and comfy.

We enjoyed beverages and pastries from Cafe Rixx - in particular the fruit tart and cheese danish. My husband thought the prepacked ham and cheese sandwich was "ok". We ate at the Pepper Market for lunch one day and I will be reviewing it with pictures on my dining review thread later. Even though they were slammed by convention goers we got a lot of personal attention from our server particularly after he found out my husband wasn't well that day. Poor guy woke up and could barely walk so we skipped the parks (on Valentine's Day no less) and had lunch there and then later when he felt better went to DTD before our romantic dinner at the California Grill. I had to fetch all of hubbies food for him but we enjoyed the offerings. I wouldn't suggest making a habit of this, but since he wasn't feeling well I asked the grill staff if they could make him a plain cheese quesadilla since all they had on the buffet were chicken ones and they were happy to oblige. It probably helped that I phrased it as my husband didn't feel up to meat, and if they could do it it would be great but I completely understood if they couldn't. They were more then happy to help me out. Interestingly enough an annoying business man stomped up to the buffet while I was waiting for my custom quesadilla and demanded to know if "this was all there was" and he was politely told - "yes". :rotfl2:

The staff was uniformly wonderful to us, and did everything they could to make our stay a pleasant one. Luggage was delivered neatly, picked up promptly, the dining/planing staff helped us with various little things during the week. All in all it was a great stay and we'd definately come back to CSR. I don't have anything bad to say about Port Orleans Riverside but I liked CSR just a bit better once I got the bus stops figured out. However I admit it would be one heck of a schlep if you didn't have a car.

Oops - our check in day is March 4th and I forgot to make our room requests - is it too late now?

You have up to the 10 day mark to get your request in before your reservation is sent to the resort.

Oops - our check in day is March 4th and I forgot to make our room requests - is it too late now?

I do not work for Disney so I can not say for sure, but from what I've read on unofficial sites (like allears) and what I have heard, is that the reservation is given to the hotel 10 days before your arrival and they start to assign rooms 4 days prior. So you can make your room request at any time, but best to do it 4 days prior to arrival. Of course, you can always ask when you check in but it all depends on their occupancy and what rooms are not pre-assigned, etc. Good luck and have fun!

Can you call CSR directly to make your requests, or do you have to go through the call center for the Disney Resorts? :confused3

There isn't a bell services at CSR, correct? How does that work if you take magical express and have them pick up your bags for you? Do you just get a phone call or something when your luggage is in and ready to be picked up?

Can you call CSR directly to make your requests, or do you have to go through the call center for the Disney Resorts? :confused3

No, anytime you call you are going to get a call center even if the number says it's for the front desk. Best to make them with CRO/WDTC.

There isn't a bell services at CSR, correct? How does that work if you take magical express and have them pick up your bags for you? Do you just get a phone call or something when your luggage is in and ready to be picked up?

Yes, they have bell services.

And Magical Express for all applicable ME resorts includes luggage delivery to your room (IF you choose this by using your yellow tags and arriving before 10 PM). It can take up to 4 hours after you arrive.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. For some reason I could've sworn that I had read somewhere that they do not have bell services and you have to take your own luggage/stroller/grocery delivery to your room. Thanks!

Since the PM has a buffet breakfast, is the Maya Grill still open for breakfast? I know they used to have a breakfast buffet...

I usually split a CS lunch with DD however I am guessing this won't be possible with the new buffet CS style at the Pepper Market?

I usually split a CS lunch with DD however I am guessing this won't be possible with the new buffet CS style at the Pepper Market?

That is correct. For breakfast and lunch you will not be able to share and will each have to pay the buffet price. For dinner, it is still the original way where you just order what you want so you would be able to share a meal at dinner if you want.

Will the dinner stay the same way or will it too eventually go to a buffet? We are going in Aug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter