Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just finalized our plans for 5/19-5/26 for our 2nd stay at CSR.:woohoo: We are so excited. After our 1st stay last year my DS10 said he never wants to stay anywhere else.:) We aren't crazy about the Pepper Market but.....My DS and DH loved the Buffalo Wings. I hope they are still on the menu...does anyone know?

We will be there the same time! I hope the Buffalo Wings are on the menu...I would love to try them.

I have a split stay coming up. We are starting with a package then switching to room only, both at CSR. I have noted the 2nd reservation on the first and requested to stay in the same room. Crowd levels are supposed to be low and I can't imagine this will be a problem.

My question is, can I take care of the switch on the night before our checkout/check-in? There is AM EMH's at MK that I really want to get to so it would be nice to not have to deal with this in the morning.

We just returned from our first visit! It will NOT be our last! We loved the resort!!!! It was beautiful!

Checkin~ We did the online checkin. We arrived about 2ish on Saturday the 17th and there were a few people in the regular check in line and only 1 ahead of us in the online check in line. We were able to immediately go to our room, which was wonderful. On a side note my sister and her family arrived at 11:30 ish and they were also able to go to their room. We had paid for a standard view and recieved some pixie dust!!! We were in a room in Casitas 4 that overlooked the quiet pool.

Buses~ The bus service here was great, we rarely had to wait long for a bus and since we stayed near bus stop2 we were always able to get a seat! We loved that CSR doesn't share bus service with any other resorts!

Pepper Market~ We didn't love it and we didn't hate it. We only ate inside one time, we took it to go several times. The set up is weird and kind of a pain if you have several people wanting things from different sections. It seemed to take forever since you would get one person's order then have to wait again for the next person's order (if from a different booth) We loved the quesadillas and my littlest daughter wanted to eat the fries for dinner every night. The portions were huge and we felt that we could have shared our meals on several occasions ( this goes for all the counter service restaurants we ate at) I don't really understand why they have servers and the gratuity, all our server did was refill our drinks, I could have done that myself.

DigSite~ WE only ventured over once and it was late in the evening, but we enjoyed it. My daughter loved the slide, and our other daughter enjoyed the kiddie pool. The night we went the pool was very crowded with unruly teenagers, so that took away from our experience a little bit. We won't be going back during a grad night week.

All in all, we loved our stay here! The resort was very beautiful and our next visit we plan to spend a day, exploring the resort a little more. The Casitas were the perfect place for us and I'm sure that will be our section request for many stays to come! Thanks to Kat for all of the great information!

We will be at CSR for the first time from Sept 13-21st and I cannot wait. I have tried to go through most of the pages on here but still have a couple questions for those of you that have stayed before.

It is just my husband, myself and my mother (51) and I need to figure out what location(s) will be closest to the main building and bus stop 1. I know that my mom will want to be able to walk and refill her coffee, soda, ect. and my husband just had knee surgery so being close to everything and no/minimal stairs is important for him too. We are hoping to avoid him needing a scooter when not in the park. When I made our ressies I requested Cabanas 9b on the ground floor but is there a Casitas building that is about the same as the Cabanas to have a better chance of getting one or the other? All I wanted was to be close to a hammock :laughing:.

Also, since he just had surgery, do we need to fill out some sort of medical request to ensure we get a room close? We aren't worried about the main pool as we probably won't use it nearly as much as they go to the main building.

Thanks so much for your help!!! This thread (and the other ones are awesome!).

Anyone going to be there in July and want to meet up for a few drinks? We'll be there from the 6th to the 11th.

I wish we were there...I'd love to meet you. :)

I have a split stay coming up. We are starting with a package then switching to room only, both at CSR. I have noted the 2nd reservation on the first and requested to stay in the same room. Crowd levels are supposed to be low and I can't imagine this will be a problem.

My question is, can I take care of the switch on the night before our checkout/check-in? There is AM EMH's at MK that I really want to get to so it would be nice to not have to deal with this in the morning.

I, unfortunately, don't think so. We were told we had to come in the morning of to get our new key cards. I did, however, go in at 6:15 that morning because we had an 8:00 ADR and I had nho problem.

We just returned from our first visit! It will NOT be our last! We loved the resort!!!! It was beautiful!

Checkin~ We did the online checkin. We arrived about 2ish on Saturday the 17th and there were a few people in the regular check in line and only 1 ahead of us in the online check in line. We were able to immediately go to our room, which was wonderful. On a side note my sister and her family arrived at 11:30 ish and they were also able to go to their room. We had paid for a standard view and recieved some pixie dust!!! We were in a room in Casitas 4 that overlooked the quiet pool.

Buses~ The bus service here was great, we rarely had to wait long for a bus and since we stayed near bus stop2 we were always able to get a seat! We loved that CSR doesn't share bus service with any other resorts!

Pepper Market~ We didn't love it and we didn't hate it. We only ate inside one time, we took it to go several times. The set up is weird and kind of a pain if you have several people wanting things from different sections. It seemed to take forever since you would get one person's order then have to wait again for the next person's order (if from a different booth) We loved the quesadillas and my littlest daughter wanted to eat the fries for dinner every night. The portions were huge and we felt that we could have shared our meals on several occasions ( this goes for all the counter service restaurants we ate at) I don't really understand why they have servers and the gratuity, all our server did was refill our drinks, I could have done that myself.

DigSite~ WE only ventured over once and it was late in the evening, but we enjoyed it. My daughter loved the slide, and our other daughter enjoyed the kiddie pool. The night we went the pool was very crowded with unruly teenagers, so that took away from our experience a little bit. We won't be going back during a grad night week.

All in all, we loved our stay here! The resort was very beautiful and our next visit we plan to spend a day, exploring the resort a little more. The Casitas were the perfect place for us and I'm sure that will be our section request for many stays to come! Thanks to Kat for all of the great information!

DisneyMOM09, thank you so much for the great review. I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay at CSR. :cool1:

We will be at CSR for the first time from Sept 13-21st and I cannot wait. I have tried to go through most of the pages on here but still have a couple questions for those of you that have stayed before.

It is just my husband, myself and my mother (51) and I need to figure out what location(s) will be closest to the main building and bus stop 1. I know that my mom will want to be able to walk and refill her coffee, soda, ect. and my husband just had knee surgery so being close to everything and no/minimal stairs is important for him too. We are hoping to avoid him needing a scooter when not in the park. When I made our ressies I requested Cabanas 9b on the ground floor but is there a Casitas building that is about the same as the Cabanas to have a better chance of getting one or the other? All I wanted was to be close to a hammock :laughing:.

Also, since he just had surgery, do we need to fill out some sort of medical request to ensure we get a room close? We aren't worried about the main pool as we probably won't use it nearly as much as they go to the main building.

Thanks so much for your help!!! This thread (and the other ones are awesome!).

First, we will be there a couple of the days you are. :woohoo:

Cabanas 9B or Castias 1 or 2 would be ideal for you as far as location for closeness to the main building (there is a quiet pool near Canabas 9A which is not far from Cabanas 9B). However, you indicated you wanted to be close to Bus Stop 1. Do you know that is the last stop picked up and dropped off (the bus order is Bus Stop 2, 3, 4 and then 1).

And for those of you who might want to follow along, I've started our pre-trip report. Here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2452196

First, we will be there a couple of the days you are. :woohoo:

Cabanas 9B or Castias 1 or 2 would be ideal for you as far as location for closeness to the main building (there is a quiet pool near Canabas 9A which is not far from Cabanas 9B). However, you indicated you wanted to be close to Bus Stop 1. Do you know that is the last stop picked up and dropped off (the bus order is Bus Stop 2, 3, 4 and then 1).

And for those of you who might want to follow along, I've started our pre-trip report. Here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2452196

How exciting that we will be there at the same time!

Thank you so much for your quick response! I didn't know that about the bus stops. We will have our car so we won't use the buses that much but it would be nice to use them if we want to. I know there is one morning we have a reservation at Tusker House before the park opens and I think the only way to get in early is a bus. Is there a better location that you would suggest for us? My husband may be fine by then bc we have a while for him to get back to normal but there is a chance he may have to have surgery on the other knee before we go so I just want to be prepared in case and not really far away. Is the wait to get on or off the bus at stop 1 a really long one? Do you know about how much extra time it adds to the trip to & from the parks?

Thanks for you review ! did you happen to notice if RAC was up and running ?

How exciting that we will be there at the same time!

Thank you so much for your quick response! I didn't know that about the bus stops. We will have our car so we won't use the buses that much but it would be nice to use them if we want to. I know there is one morning we have a reservation at Tusker House before the park opens and I think the only way to get in early is a bus. Is there a better location that you would suggest for us? My husband may be fine by then bc we have a while for him to get back to normal but there is a chance he may have to have surgery on the other knee before we go so I just want to be prepared in case and not really far away. Is the wait to get on or off the bus at stop 1 a really long one? Do you know about how much extra time it adds to the trip to & from the parks?

I might try to arrange a "mini DIS meet" if time allows...I'll keep you posted.

Personally, we LOVE Casitas 4 and 5. These are close to Bus Stop 2 and the quiet pool and fitness center/spa and laundry. My hammock ;) is right outside of Casitas 5 in front of the lake. There is a "special needs" number but I don't remember what it is (it is a general number and I will try to track it down). Note, that all of the buildings but Casitas 2, have an elevator. If you haven't made your request yet, I would put on the request that you would like a ground floor due to recent surgery.

We'll be there for our first time as well! One day later than you (14-21st). Maybe we'll run into you!

Looking like more and more people there around the same time. I'll have to see once our plans are more firm about a "mini meet". I'll post here and in my pre-trip report once I figure it out.

So if I'm reading this correctly, the bus stop by Cabanas 9B / across El Centro - that is bus stop #1? Which is the last stop to be picked up and dropped off?

Which # is the bus stop by Cabanas 8A then?

Ok, I think I just figured it out. If that is bus #1, and #2 is beside Casitas 4 and 5, then #4 is by Cabanas 8A, correct?

So the buses must run counter-clock-wise around CSR? #4, #3, #2, then #1?

So if I'm reading this correctly, the bus stop by Cabanas 9B / across El Centro - that is bus stop #1? Which is the last stop to be picked up and dropped off?

Which # is the bus stop by Cabanas 8A then?

When I look at the map of CSR, do the buses run clock-wise or counter-clock wise around CSR?

We were in Cabanas 9A in September and used Bus Stop 1 which is the last stop picked up and dropped off (it is closest to El Centro). Bus Stop 4 would probably be nearer to Cabanas 8A (and we probably could have walked there too, but we chose to just go to the main building).

We'll be there 9/14-9/23. :dance3::dance3::dance3:

I requested Cabanas 8B, 8A, 9A or Casitas 4 or 5. I wanted to be not too far from a bus stop and sort of central to the Dig Site and El Centro. I listed 5 areas in our request, and hopefully we'll get a decent location. The whole resort looks beautiful!

Have a MAGICAL trip. Enjoy yourselves. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Thank you! We did have a great time. Just got back yesterday. I hope to do a trip report and/or dining report at some point but wanted to give a review of our stay at CSR.

We had requested through our travel agent to be in Cabanas 8B, upper floor, corner room. I did not send an additional fax, because it wasn't essential that we get our request. As it turns out, we didn't get our request. We were in Cabanas 9A instead of 8B and on an upper floor but one room away from the corner...not a big deal. We were happy to be on the upper floor, rm 9221. When we arrived in the room it had that distinctive smell of a room that had been cleaned after a smoker had been there awhile - yuck. We had stopped at a grocery store and picked up some milk, water and a few breakfast items. We noticed that the fridge wasn't very cold so we turned it up and headed off for EMH at Epcot on 4/16. When we returned after midnight, the fridge was no colder. With the smoke smell and broken fridge, I decided it was time to ask to switch rooms. I called the "front desK" (I know that it's just a call center) and asked to switch rooms. I was told nothing was available but they'd send up someone to give us a temporary fridge. A very nice CM arrived within 15 minutes and gave us a temporary fridge. He said they'd fix the other one the next day...ten days later we still had the temporary fridge, not sure what happened there but we had a working fridge and that's all that mattered....

Anyhow, we weren't off to a great start...however we were very happy with our two most important criteria - the Queen beds - very comfy and the noise level - SILENT. We never heard any neighbors at all and I know they were there cuz I saw them coming and going sometimes.

Mousekeeping was spotty - most days it was just okay, nothing special, although they gave us LOTS of toiletries every day. Twice they didn't wash our glasses that we had used for milk in the morning. The first time we called when we got back to the room to ask for clean glasses and that same very nice CM (fridge man) brought them right up. The second time was our last night so we just used coffee mugs the next morning. I did tip every day and the first day the mousekeeper didn't take it but did a thorough job cleaning. The second day the mousekeeper took the tip but that was the day the glasses didn't get clean :confused3.

We didn't eat at Pepper Market so I can't comment on that. I did online check in and that went very smoothly and CM that checked us in was pleasant. We had a rental car but did use the buses for our two Magic Kingdom days. The first day we had an 8:05 ADR for breakfast (park opened at 9:00). The bus came at 6:50. I asked the bus driver if they started that early all the time and he told me that they started at 6:00 a.m. On Friday, we had a Steam Train tour at 7:15 a.m. so we went to the bus stop at 6:40 and didn't see ANY buses until after 7:00 and then of course it was all the parks except MK. Finally one came at 7:15. We did get there by 7:30 and we were the only family doing the tour so it wasn't a problem (other than my nerves being shot).

The boys LOVED the pool, slide and hot tub, although we only had time to go there twice.

So, would we stay there again? Yes, probably if we were doing a moderate, just for the simple fact that they have queen beds and the rooms are soooo quiet. We spend a LOT of time in the parks, so it served its purpose and was fine...As for the smoke smell, it did diminish as the week went on (or perhaps we got used to it?) I expected to LOVE CSR but really just came away with the feeling that I loved the queen beds but everything else was just okay...compared to CBR, about the same, except for the Queen beds.

Thank you! We did have a great time. Just got back yesterday. I hope to do a trip report and/or dining report at some point but wanted to give a review of our stay at CSR.

We had requested through our travel agent to be in Cabanas 8B, upper floor, corner room. I did not send an additional fax, because it wasn't essential that we get our request. As it turns out, we didn't get our request. We were in Cabanas 9A instead of 8B and on an upper floor but one room away from the corner...not a big deal. We were happy to be on the upper floor, rm 9221. When we arrived in the room it had that distinctive smell of a room that had been cleaned after a smoker had been there awhile - yuck. We had stopped at a grocery store and picked up some milk, water and a few breakfast items. We noticed that the fridge wasn't very cold so we turned it up and headed off for EMH at Epcot on 4/16. When we returned after midnight, the fridge was no colder. With the smoke smell and broken fridge, I decided it was time to ask to switch rooms. I called the "front desK" (I know that it's just a call center) and asked to switch rooms. I was told nothing was available but they'd send up someone to give us a temporary fridge. A very nice CM arrived within 15 minutes and gave us a temporary fridge. He said they'd fix the other one the next day...ten days later we still had the temporary fridge, not sure what happened there but we had a working fridge and that's all that mattered....

Anyhow, we weren't off to a great start...however we were very happy with our two most important criteria - the Queen beds - very comfy and the noise level - SILENT. We never heard any neighbors at all and I know they were there cuz I saw them coming and going sometimes.

Mousekeeping was spotty - most days it was just okay, nothing special, although they gave us LOTS of toiletries every day. Twice they didn't wash our glasses that we had used for milk in the morning. The first time we called when we got back to the room to ask for clean glasses and that same very nice CM (fridge man) brought them right up. The second time was our last night so we just used coffee mugs the next morning. I did tip every day and the first day the mousekeeper didn't take it but did a thorough job cleaning. The second day the mousekeeper took the tip but that was the day the glasses didn't get clean :confused3.

We didn't eat at Pepper Market so I can't comment on that. I did online check in and that went very smoothly and CM that checked us in was pleasant. We had a rental car but did use the buses for our two Magic Kingdom days. The first day we had an 8:05 ADR for breakfast (park opened at 9:00). The bus came at 6:50. I asked the bus driver if they started that early all the time and he told me that they started at 6:00 a.m. On Friday, we had a Steam Train tour at 7:15 a.m. so we went to the bus stop at 6:40 and didn't see ANY buses until after 7:00 and then of course it was all the parks except MK. Finally one came at 7:15. We did get there by 7:30 and we were the only family doing the tour so it wasn't a problem (other than my nerves being shot).

The boys LOVED the pool, slide and hot tub, although we only had time to go there twice.

So, would we stay there again? Yes, probably if we were doing a moderate, just for the simple fact that they have queen beds and the rooms are soooo quiet. We spend a LOT of time in the parks, so it served its purpose and was fine...As for the smoke smell, it did diminish as the week went on (or perhaps we got used to it?) I expected to LOVE CSR but really just came away with the feeling that I loved the queen beds but everything else was just okay...compared to CBR, about the same, except for the Queen beds.

Thanks for the review. I am sorry about the "smell of smoke" in your room. This was one thing that really aggravated me last trip in September. I saw a man smoking IN THE QUIET POOL and a woman standing in the doorway of her room smoking, thinking that by holding the door open the smoke would not go in her room. I called on both instances and within three minutes there was a security guard on a bike at the quiet pool to deal with the smoker in the pool (I assume they showed up at the room as well but I had already left the area and did not see if they showed up).

Unfortunately, your report of mousekeeping seems to be a growing trend lately. There is a huge thread going on right now about the poor quality of mousekeeping at the Polynesian, and I've read review of this just in the last week or so at the WL, the POR, the Poly and a couple of other resorts. It saddens me to see Disney's standards going downhill.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip and that you liked the new queen beds--I think they are fabulous. And no worries of not loving the resort...not everyone loves every resort, we each have our favorites.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter