Copper Creek/ Beach Club addonitis

Also own Poly/BCV. We consider it the Best of Both Worlds. (However, love CCV etc at Christmas for sure). Love the other two year round.

BCV has a refill/quick serve at their Marketplace which is very close and covered so you do not get wet running in the FL rain.

Also own Poly/BCV. We consider it the Best of Both Worlds. (However, love CCV etc at Christmas for sure). Love the other two year round.

BCV has a refill/quick serve at their Marketplace which is very close and covered so you do not get wet running in the FL rain.
good to know, thanks! did you buy BCV early on? Just wondering as my concern (as posted by many here) is the limited amount of time left on the contract

good to know, thanks! did you buy BCV early on? Just wondering as my concern (as posted by many here) is the limited amount of time left on the contract
Bought in 2014 so definitely not early on. Knew going in it was about 1/2 gone and yet it is a massively 'wanted' resort. We had never stayed there when we bought (dumb, I know) but kept hearing people talk about it being very, very popular. It was an excellent decision. All the more so, now that steps away from BOTH the Skyliner and Epcot. That is HUGE.

The hubby loves WL and would probably want to add on with CCV next....but the fact that the studios are hard to get scares me off (plus, I prefer a different resort, lol). Does anyone have any opinions on this aspect that will make me reconsider CCV?

Thanks!!!
Purchase a fixed week then you will have the advantage of always getting a studio and flexibility to change your dates.

Not my post, but I thought I'd jump in to say we bought BCV in 2018. Our kids are currently under 5 and will be well into their 20's (and us well into our 50's) when it's all said and done. That is a very long time, and for the next 20+ years were going to have great vacations, with the ability to walk to two of our favorite places in the world (Epcot & DHS).

That being said, we bought there to stay there, booking at 11 months, period. Those points aren't being used anywhere else, ever.

I would add that you should look at the BCV/BWV point charts as well. They are older, and quite favorable, so you don't need as many points to stay at them. When you consider the point charts, the numbers work out a little better for them than the straight "cost per year" some like to do... Especially BWV.

Like you, we "diversified" during our "acquisition mode", and own at BLT, BCV, and VGC. I think that's a wise move. We use BLT as a base for MK/AK, and BCV as a base for Epcot/DHS. Not sure if you've thought about it, but on longer trips we split our stays between the two to minimize our reliance on Disney transportation (i.e. 4 nights at BLT, then 4 nights at BCV). Just bringing that up because it was something I never thought of before owning DVC!

We love both and own at neither. My wife came with a checkbook when we stayed at CCV and I didn't pull the trigger since we already owned at BLT. We loved CCV and want to stay again. We added twice to our first BLT contract and I wish one of those was at BCV because we love it. To get in, we many times have had to go with 1 bedroom to do it so we blew about twice the points necessary for our family of three. The resale prices just a few years ago were around $100 and direct still wasn't bad so I wish we had done it then. Now we have only BLT but a decent amount of grandfathered points so that helps. 11 months at BCV, especially for studios would be awesome.

This was what led me to adding on direct at Riviera after Poly. I was between buying boardwalk and beach club for Epcot and I ended up going Riviera as the math made more sense to me with the longer deed. I am also in my 20's so I knew I could use all 50 years. That being said I did also scoop up a 50 point at boardwalk via resale when one came up

Thanks for the thoughtful input everyone! In regards to BWV i haven’t really considered it (it sounds similar to your original sounds) because the furniture in the room isn’t to my taste for lack of better words, but I think I will reconsider! I haven’t stayed at a BVC room, just have seen it in the dis unplugged videos and pictures... I feel like I should have specified in my first post that I value “intangibles” most... as funny as it sounds... smell, sights and sounds, etc. for example the Poly has the GCH lobby smell, the tiki torches, views of MK and the other 7SL resorts. As silly as it sounds I value that more than more practical/ black and white characteristics. So I guess I was curious to see what others thought. Do you ever think to yourself “I wish this was closer to the parks” while staying at CC? Does the boat to MK run dependably?
Boat from CC to MK has always been good when we have stayed there. BW is best value in terms of epcot resort area. If you are buying for two-bed units then you should know BW only has lock-off rooms where BC has both dedicated and lock-off. Stay at each resort before you decide. BC really has no rooms with a great view, where BW has a choice of standard view, boardwalk and quiet pool or garden. Also check out RIV as an epcot resort too.

Edit- just read last post - Congratulations on the BCV contract!

Boat from CC to MK has always been good when we have stayed there. BW is best value in terms of epcot resort area. If you are buying for two-bed units then you should know BW only has lock-off rooms where BC has both dedicated and lock-off. Stay at each resort before you decide. BC really has no rooms with a great view, where BW has a choice of standard view, boardwalk and quiet pool or garden. Also check out RIV as an epcot resort too.

Edit- just read last post - Congratulations on the BCV contract!
Thanks! Actually I'm staying at the Riviera in a 2 bed in september and very much looking forward to. While CC checked off more boxes for me as far as room aesthetic, view, theming, etc. I wanted access to SAB and also the epcot area rather than another MK area one

I own at poly and just added on at BCV, pending passing of ROFR. I don't mind the shorter contract time as my kids will be in college and beyond by the time that happens, and then we will still have polynesian which is our fav anyways. We chose BCV because we love SAB and epcot ( we like all the festivals), plus the skyliner is a bonus. We haven't stayed there, but toured it, we have stayed at both BWV and Yacht Club and both are great, but prefer the pool at YC/BC, also my kids hate clowns and the clown pool freaked them out ( its been renovated now to something else i think). Anyways. We are excited about our choice and can't wait to use it !

I own at poly and just added on at BCV, pending passing of ROFR. I don't mind the shorter contract time as my kids will be in college and beyond by the time that happens, and then we will still have polynesian which is our fav anyways. We chose BCV because we love SAB and epcot ( we like all the festivals), plus the skyliner is a bonus. We haven't stayed there, but toured it, we have stayed at both BWV and Yacht Club and both are great, but prefer the pool at YC/BC, also my kids hate clowns and the clown pool freaked them out ( its been renovated now to something else i think). Anyways. We are excited about our choice and can't wait to use it !
you and I are basically in the exact same scenario! We will go every other year with this new BCV contract with family, and use our direct Poly for ourselves once a year (theoretically). I wonder if you bought one of the ones I was too late on the draw for!

you and I are basically in the exact same scenario! We will go every other year with this new BCV contract with family, and use our direct Poly for ourselves once a year (theoretically). I wonder if you bought one of the ones I was too late on the draw for!

ahhh yes we are! Perhaps I did lol. I don’t know what the going rate isfor BCV for 100 points but I jumped on it! Lol. Cheers to hopefully passing ROFR!! Ours was just submitted friday so it will be a hot minute till we find out lol.

I own at BCV and I have stayed in 1bdrm boardwalk view villa at BWV. I throughly enjoyed the view and would stay again given the chance. That said, the villas are in need of a refurb and you need an Uber to get from the villa to the lobby. The lack of dedicated 2 bdrm villas is a deal breaker for us.

DRR could be a reasonable choice but I find the points/night/villa to be a bit high (and I own at VGF).

We own 3 contracts at BCV; I'd pick one up at CCV if I really wanted more points.

The struggle is real....

I’m kinda kicking myself for passing on small BCV SEP UY contracts last year because we didn’t want to add another 2042 resort, figured we’d just play the 7 month availability game. I love SAB and love BCV’s location, but we’re from New England and a Cape Cod themed resort isn’t what we want when we go to Disney. But I took a girlfriend to BCV in May to escape for a long weekend and was reminded how much I really love that pool. With my reflection dreams gone (a Wilderness themed resort with a SAB-like pool is EXACTLY what I want!!), I’ve been seriously considering that maybe I need a small BCV contract to guarantee a swim in SAB on occasion. Except we own RIV now so I’m not sure we need another Epcot area resort - only I’m so unimpressed with RIV’s pool. It’s so boring. It’s a pool I could find anywhere. I much prefer highly themed pools (and resorts).

I’m kinda kicking myself for passing on small BCV SEP UY contracts last year because we didn’t want to add another 2042 resort, figured we’d just play the 7 month availability game. I love SAB and love BCV’s location, but we’re from New England and a Cape Cod themed resort isn’t what we want when we go to Disney. But I took a girlfriend to BCV in May to escape for a long weekend and was reminded how much I really love that pool. With my reflection dreams gone (a Wilderness themed resort with a SAB-like pool is EXACTLY what I want!!), I’ve been seriously considering that maybe I need a small BCV contract to guarantee a swim in SAB on occasion. Except we own RIV now so I’m not sure we need another Epcot area resort - only I’m so unimpressed with RIV’s pool. It’s so boring. It’s a pool I could find anywhere. I much prefer highly themed pools (and resorts).
Agree with your review of BCV and RIV. Love RIV - surprised they did not create a themed pool to go with the resort. I wonder if we will see Reflections built later in this decade

Agree with your review of BCV and RIV. Love RIV - surprised they did not create a themed pool to go with the resort. I wonder if we will see Reflections built later in this decade
Re Riviera…best slide on property and, with the views out to the lake and a little more of a quiet vibe, we love the adult pool. SAB would be perfect if they didn’t allow kids! But, alas, they do…and for me it’s a noisy circus where it’s impossible to get any work or reading done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!