Coolers on Board

pigelet

Mouseketeer
Since the new "passport "says that checked luggage can not contain beverages and coolers are not allowed unless for medical purposes, has anyone brought on a cooler?
Don't want to be stopped just in case. Plan on bringing water bottles, gatorade , seltzer and beer.

We brought a soft sided cooler that we folded up and put in our luggage along with some beverages. We had no problem doing this and it worked out fine. We really didn't need it in our cabin as our cooler was cold enough. The only time we used it was CC. I thing DCL is trying to stop people from bring the hard sided coolers on board.

Originally posted by markºoº
I think DCL is trying to stop people from bring the hard sided coolers on board.
I think DCL has a few reasons - -
<B>a -</B> Sure, it's a cruise ship, but <I>some</I> people carry an <I>outrageous</I> amount of luggage. Think how it would be if <I>everyone</I> brought a cooler. <b>b -</b> There have been incidents where people packed beverages in their <I>checked</I> luggage that leaked. exploded, etc., making a mess of not only their own stuff but sometimes the luggage of others. <b>c -</B> Obviously, DCL <I>does</I> want you to purchase beverages and snacks <I>from them</I>. After all, movie theaters won't let you bring your own food, and look how much <I>they</I> charge for popcorn and a soft drink!

pigelet - You will probably have no problem. The thing to keep in mind since you say you "don't want to be stopped" is that DCL <I>could</I> at any time decide to <I>enforce</I> their rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter