"Cool Straight People"

Can I stop in here and say a quick hello? :sunny:

I guess you can call me a CSP. I've been called all sort of things (don't ask :teeth: ) but to be called a CSP would be an honor. Actually I don't know about the "cool" part. In fact my kids would have definate problems associating their mother with the word cool. :rolleyes: Cold would work, since we have a wind chill temp of about 3 degrees right now. :goodvibes

In any case, I just do what I was always taught, and that is to treat others the way you would want to be treated. It's very simple. It's how I try to live my life and it's how I am raising my kids to live theirs. :thumbsup2

Ilovestitch said:
True North - your baby is so ADORABLE!! :love:

I am straight and in my early 20's and I agree w/the other posters who said that being gay in a non issue for my generation. I used to work at a retail store and there were more gay guys working there than straight. I think people my age have grown up knowing what gay was and seeing gay people in the media so its not a big deal. When we hear someone say "did you know so and so is gay??"- its like "umm..ok so what?" :rotfl: I'm more interesting in getting to know a person than giving them some label.

-Stephanie

That's cool. My DD's in her teens and things are a lot more open now with her generation - being out and being whatever you want to be. I am glad that your generation and the younger ones don't have to go through the struggles that my friends did.

Hello! Nice thread!

I speak French but I'm not from Montreal...but I certainly want to be in the French group thread if there is one!!!

Here's my small part...I work on a college campus...every once in a while someone will say " Oh that's so gay!" and I stop them (even if I wasn't in on their conversation) and I say, "When you say gay, what do you mean? bad? Because you think gay means bad?" or some variation of that...it REALLY annoys me when people use that expression without realizing it! They always say, oh, no I don't think gay= bad...so I tell them, well then find a new expression! Words are powerful! I'm trying to educate the careless speakers of the world!

Ok, let's see the new baby picture soon True North!

Being a high-school-GSA-co-sponsor- described-by High school kids as a "CSP", I am thrilled to find this link. We are taking our DD to WDW TODAY!!!! Out of the cold in MI and on to the 83 degrees of Orlando!

So glad to read about happy families enjoying WDW- "flames" to those who don't thing GLBT people can make families- what else would they have them do to fulfil their family values.....

Enough ranting- I shall spread pixie dust for all of you with the mouse this week.
Have fun and Be safe! This afternoon- Whoo Hoo!
:banana:
Amy

mickeymousemom said:
OH...and Mister Disney, I have followed your posts since I first registered...you are like a celebrity to me(for some reason I remember your posts and you more than anyone else on these boards)...I think I have enjoyed every post I have ever read of yours... :)

True North said:
I'm the same way!! I have never actually talked to Mister Disney, but his posts on the restuarant board is half the reason I want to go to WDW. It is his stories that made me come back, and am some how now a regular poster.

mickeymousemom said:
YES! The restaurant boards! Thats where I remember him from the most(excuse my excitement, but I have just begun posting again after several months and certain things are just now coming back to me...I missed this place!)...

Mister Disney has handed out many a good tip and review if I remember right...thanks Mister Disney, you truly are a HUGE asset to these boards :worship:

Thank you all for all the positive words and such. I am SO not worthy of it! I've met so many great people online here on the DIS and also a bunch of DISers in person on our trips. Its people like yourselves that keep me coming back to "our community" on the web!

Here's to all our friends on the DIS! :drinking1

Mister Disney,

I JUST noticed your signature and how many trips you made last year and how many trips you are planning this year. I showed this to DH(who also loves WDW)...and his response was, "Honey, ever heard of keeping up with the Joneses? Well, I think we should work on keeping up with Mr. Disney!"...

...sounds like a plan to me!

PS...I think you underestimate yourself...there are probably many more DIS'ers besides TrueNorth and I who've noticed your posts! And I'll have one of those drinks and toast right along with you! :drinking1

Hello.......CSP here, not too sure about the cool bit because, since joining these boards I NOW wear Crocs. Maybe just a SP with bad shoes........
:rotfl: :rotfl:

mickeymousemom said:
Mister Disney,

I JUST noticed your signature and how many trips you made last year and how many trips you are planning this year. I showed this to DH(who also loves WDW)...and his response was, "Honey, ever heard of keeping up with the Joneses? Well, I think we should work on keeping up with Mr. Disney!"...
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yeah, well.....Kevin and I work very hard during the year, and we've always been some of the DISers that believe in short trips more often, than one long trip once a year. If that makes sense......

Makes plenty of sense! We normally go for about a week, which is about all we can afford, though we are doing a short trip this next week, but staying offsite and only doing a day or two at WDW(our 2 older girls will stay here). We'll do our big family trip onsite this October. Are you raising any kids?? I know that when mine are grown, a few shorter trips a year will be perfect for us...as long as I can get over my HUGE fear of flying! How easy to take a long weekend, fly down and back, then repeat a few months later. That's the life.

Pretty sure i'm a Cool Straight Person. :) Hahaha. My best friend Peter is gay. His best friend Amanda, is a lesbian. And now we're all best friends. hahaha. They always joke about me being the "boring" one of the group. I totally support them in whatever they do. I love them to death. I consider myself lucky, because my aunt was a lesbian (she passed away in 1999) so I grew up with her and her partner around me, as opposed to a lot of kids who probably know nothing except what their parents tell them about gays and lesbians.

:)

mickeymousemom said:
Are you raising any kids?? I know that when mine are grown, a few shorter trips a year will be perfect for us...as long as I can get over my HUGE fear of flying! How easy to take a long weekend, fly down and back, then repeat a few months later. That's the life.

No, no kids here....so I make up for it in other ways. I do a lot of work at Christmas time with poor children playing Santa, and then there is always my nieces and nephews.....

Mister Disney and Kevin as Santa and his Elf.....

santa.JPG

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
If you and Kevin find yourselves woefully lacking in children I have one you can borrow. He is a CSP in training. ;)
I think your son is cool...so yes...we'd take him for a time......when you wanna off load him?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mister Disney - Well we know who we're going to talk to when we need advice about staying at GF. I ate at the cafe there (one of the best meals I had at Disney) and the place intrigued me.

CSP...I like it! :teeth: I hope I fit that profile. :) When a good friend came out to me in college and had this look on his face like he was waiting for me to pull away or lose it in some way. I remember saying "I can't say that I understand it because I myself have never had those feelings towards someone of the same gender but I also don't like tomatos and you do. ;) Just because we are different doesn't mean I think any less of you. I'm not offended that you are gay, I'm only offended that you thought I might be offended by that. You are my friend, I just want you to be happy and if this is what makes you happy, then it makes me happy for you."

When DH and I got married the first house we lived in we had a lesbian couple next door on one side, a single gay man on the other side and a gay couple across the street. Right now I live with "typical American families" on both sides and if I could trade my current neighbors in for the ones I had in that neighborhood, I'd be much happier. :) They joked with us that we were the "token heteros" (we bought the house from a gay couple). We had many evenings at dinner parties where we were the only straight couple there.

I never really thought to say "several of my good friends are gay" any more than "several of my good friends are brunette." It didn't/doesn't matter...they are just my friends. :sunny:

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
If you and Kevin find yourselves woefully lacking in children I have one you can borrow. He is a CSP in training. ;)

i have one too but i won't lie to you she is
Rosemary's other baby, i don't know how i got her.

:lmao: :lmao:
HappyLawyer said:
i have one too but i won't lie to you she is
Rosemary's other baby, i don't know how i got her.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Thanks so much for the offer, but I "think" I'll have to pass

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Count me as one of the CSP who checks out this forum often as there are so many CGP (Cool Gay People) on this board and a lot of good info!!!... :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter