Convention hotels at WDW

dez1978

DIS Veteran
DH's work has an upcoming convention in Feb 23 and announced it would be at WDW. Really thats all they've announced so far. He did hear that it may be at Yacht club. Which resorts usually hold conventions? The not knowing is driving me nuts lol. If it is actually at Yacht Club, I was thinking about trying to use our points to stay at BC.

I was duped by my DH's company. They said "our annual meeting will be at WDW!!" My kids and I were so excited! I thought "I wonder which hotel???" well they pulled the wool over our eyes we ended up at the Gaylord (Ok it's a fabulous place... but not on property!!!) The busses from there were the worst, but the pools were amazing! Hoping you'll get one of the on-site places!!!

I was duped by my DH's company. They said "our annual meeting will be at WDW!!" My kids and I were so excited! I thought "I wonder which hotel???" well they pulled the wool over our eyes we ended up at the Gaylord (Ok it's a fabulous place... but not on property!!!) The busses from there were the worst, but the pools were amazing! Hoping you'll get one of the on-site places!!!
DH said it would be on-site. So I have that much. Then I was just hoping it wasn't gonna be at a all stars lol

If it is actually at Yacht Club, I was thinking about trying to use our points to stay at BC.
Some years ago I had a meeting at the Yacht & Beach convention center. So we used our points to stay at our home BWV. It was hard for me to leave there every morning, knowing that DH would be heading out to have fun in the parks!

Has your husband's company held an prior conventions @ Disney? Probably that would be one way to see where people stayed. If it is a large enough gathering, employees may be placed in various hotels some of which might depend on how high up in the company they are.

I love conventions at Disney hotels. Unless you plan on hanging at the hotel bars after 10PM, conventions will usually benefit your trip. Nobody going to a convention is taking busses to parks, hanging at the pool, or using much of anything that you would during on a vacation.

Typical convention is breakfast in the conference area at 7AM, meetings starting at 8AM, lunch in the conference area around Noon and then more meetings until around 5 or 6PM, random breakouts for dinner at one of the restaurants on property (typically Disney Springs and then some later night bar hours.

When I'm on vacation that's ideal. The only time you would even see people is when they are all streaming out of the convention area around 5.

If the hotel is filled with convention goers it means less people doing what you would on vacation. LOVE IT!

Unless the convention buys out the main pool for an even. One of the restaurants.
Pool, maybe. Restaurant? There are a few others on property you might be able to find.

Corps buy out entire parks for some nights. A single pool and restaurant are way less of an inconvenience.

Still way more positives than negatives.

I've hosted a convention at WDW every year since 2004 and I love it! This year we're at the Grand Floridian in early December. We've held our Symposium at every Disney convention center except Contemporary. CSR has been the main stay for us, due to pricing, but we got a wonderful GF rate this year so I had to grab it. If you message me with you company name I can for sure find out where you'll be........I know people. Lol!

Has your husband's company held an prior conventions @ Disney? Probably that would be one way to see where people stayed. If it is a large enough gathering, employees may be placed in various hotels some of which might depend on how high up in the company they are.
Not that I'm aware of. Atleast since 2007 they haven't. I think this year, after covid, they are really trying to make it a family event. It's usually not encouraged to bring your children.

I've hosted a convention at WDW every year since 2004 and I love it! This year we're at the Grand Floridian in early December. We've held our Symposium at every Disney convention center except Contemporary. CSR has been the main stay for us, due to pricing, but we got a wonderful GF rate this year so I had to grab it. If you message me with you company name I can for sure find out where you'll be........I know people. Lol!
I will do that!!! Thanks!

Pool, maybe. Restaurant? There are a few others on property you might be able to find.

Corps buy out entire parks for some nights. A single pool and restaurant are way less of an inconvenience.

Still way more positives than negatives.
There was mention of an event at a park. Generally there is one night where there is a big awards banquet, so it's a fancy catered event. Then one night where there is some sort of party or entertainment, which I'm guessing would be at the parks if they choose to do that. But they have had bands come in or done pool partys in the past, depending on the location. They try to theme it around that.

We have a Salsa band for our Friday night reception and then on Saturday we're doing Epcot. Reception in China, then fireworks viewing on the Italy Island. We've hosted Epcot parties in the Living Seas, America Pavilion plus Fireworks in Canada and France. Best night of the convention.

Okay.....I found out where you'll be in Feb for the Convention. Not where I thought, but I think you'll be happy! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter