Continued disappointments

We will have had 4 trips this year for 20 total resort nights (after Dec trip coming up). And I agree with OP. Aside from the costs rising they are also cutting things. There is less EMH. They change all our fave things to things we don't like (ie: AP to character meal, Maelstrom to Frozen, gondolas flooding guests to our beloved- once ghost town- back IG). I find they aren't cleaning as well as in past and customer service is lacking at time compared to the past. Dining cost has gone up and service down. IT issues abound...have trouble making FP (get error messages), using MB on room door (have to go to desk to fix), using MB to pay at F&W (have to go back to desk to get that fixed), sometimes lose ADRs or tickets from MDE and have to call to get fixed. Have to pre plan everything...we book DVC 11 months out and ADRs 6 months out and ride FPs 2 months out. That gets old. And then the crowds....always the crowds...no slow time anymore.

So we have ZERO trips planned to WDW next year. Using our DVC points at HHI instead and taking a HAL cruise.
Way too many abbreviations that I don’t understand....🤣🤣🤣🤣

Buy a couple of portable chargers on Amazon, that you will be able to use for years without paying for "fuel rods". And "smashed pennies" are not exactly a necessity, are they?
I must say - I bought my portable charger, which can use either USB or AC, on Amazon for a very reasonable price,. I love it. And - it's even ROSE GOLD! ;)

Way too many abbreviations that I don’t understand....🤣🤣🤣🤣
OP=Original Poster
EMH=Extra Magic Hours
AP=Artist Point (in this context; but usually means Annual Pass)
IG=International Gateway
IT=Information Technology
FP=Fastpass
MB=Magic Band
F&W=Food and Wine
ADR=Advanced Dining Reservation
MDE=My Disney Experience
DVC=Disney Vacation Club
WDW=Walt Disney World
HHI=Hilton Head Island
HAL=Holland America Line

On the charger front, I have a brick battery that fits in my cargo shorts and will charge my cell phone 4 times to full before I need to recharge the battery. Absolutely love it!

On the post front, these types of posts perplex me. The need for people to have validation over their decisions is just odd. It’s one thing to ask for advice (e.g. when will the crowds be lightest, which resort has the best mousekeeping, do you think I can make my travel budget of $989.72 work for a 3-day Disney vacation?). But the rants about the costs of things, lack of service, and the like? Just don’t go. Money talks. If there is a restaurant in your home town that‘s expensive, has terrible customer service, and mediocre food, do you go once a week hoping that they improve? No, you stop going. Full stop.

If people continue to go the the parks but let their grievances known, it doesn‘t accomplish a lot because Disney or other parks already have your money. Take your Disney travel budget and actually go to Canada, the UK, France, Germany, etc, rather than go to the world showcase. And after you book that trip, then let Disney know why you aren’t going and how you’re spending your money elsewhere. Keep doing that.

A million people refusing to go to Disney and letting Disney know has much more of an impact than those same people going to the parks, spending their vacation budget on the parks, and complaining about their experiences.

On the charger front, I have a brick battery that fits in my cargo shorts and will charge my cell phone 4 times to full before I need to recharge the battery. Absolutely love it!

On the post front, these types of posts perplex me. The need for people to have validation over their decisions is just odd. It’s one thing to ask for advice (e.g. when will the crowds be lightest, which resort has the best mousekeeping, do you think I can make my travel budget of $989.72 work for a 3-day Disney vacation?). But the rants about the costs of things, lack of service, and the like? Just don’t go. Money talks. If there is a restaurant in your home town that‘s expensive, has terrible customer service, and mediocre food, do you go once a week hoping that they improve? No, you stop going. Full stop.

If people continue to go the the parks but let their grievances known, it doesn‘t accomplish a lot because Disney or other parks already have your money. Take your Disney travel budget and actually go to Canada, the UK, France, Germany, etc, rather than go to the world showcase. And after you book that trip, then let Disney know why you aren’t going and how you’re spending your money elsewhere. Keep doing that.

A million people refusing to go to Disney and letting Disney know has much more of an impact than those same people going to the parks, spending their vacation budget on the parks, and complaining about their experiences.
@Fred M - PREACH!! :worship: That's why I haven't been in 7 years. As the old adage so wisely says - Money talks, B.S. walks!!!

OP=Original Poster
EMH=Extra Magic Hours
AP=Artist Point (in this context; but usually means Annual Pass)
IG=International Gateway
IT=Information Technology
FP=Fastpass
MB=Magic Band
F&W=Food and Wine
ADR=Advanced Dining Reservation
MDE=My Disney Experience
DVC=Disney Vacation Club
WDW=Walt Disney World
HHI=Hilton Head Island
HAL=Holland America Line
Thank you for this...☺️☺️☺️

We currently have an April 2020 reservation. I'm honestly debating if it would just be better to cancel and book an Universal vacation. Only snafu, I promised my 6 yr old we go as soon as Star Wars was done. The money grabs disgust me. Pay to park, fuel rod swap charges, alot of Epcot under construction, smashed pennies going to $1.01, photos taken by a box, exorbitant ticket price jumps, etc.

@Celticgemini , I'm with you, and I really understand all the frustrations and upset over the continually $$ing people to death!!

We're 'long time' Disney goers and our children and grands, that are grown, have all been 'raised' at WDW. We've all loved it over the years, but the last 10-15 years have really dampened our enjoyment overall. The shortening park hours, all the cuts, adding too many to count hard tickets which means NO slower times, prices rising left and right, the FP snafus, outrageous AP prices, etc. etc. etc. has us backing wayyyy down on visits.

We usually get AP's and try for 3 trips in that year, but this last large price raise has changed our minds. We, too, have plans for a 2020 April trip - and that is 'it' for the foreseeable future. We have many other places that we are planning to see, and have been seeing already. Yes, we can afford it, but that's way beyond the point.

Just do what feels right for your family - there's lots to do/see with much more $ value in the US & abroad. Yes, we still love Disney, but we can see clearly, and aren't blinded by our attachment. We all have our decisions to make in what is best for our own situations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts