~Contemporary Photo ONLY Thread~

The pool area in daytime. This was taken from the walkway in front of the South Wing (the only wing left now)

IMG_0701.jpg

I have a question. We have never stayed here, but in some of the pictures, it looks like there is a small beach area at the water's edge. Is this true? If so, it would help in convincing the kids to stay here. Thanks.

There is a sandy beach area there and a beach volleyball court, but my understanding is that there is no swimming in the lake. I assume it's because there's no lifeguard.

There is a sandy beach area there and a beach volleyball court, but my understanding is that there is no swimming in the lake. I assume it's because there's no lifeguard.

Actually, it is because of gators and years ago they found some weird bacteria in the lagoon...:eek:

I love this thread! I can't wait to go back to my favorite hotel in August. Here are some of my CR pics.

This was taken September 2005, our first stay at the CR since we were probably my nieces age.

CIMG0097.jpg

Early morning view from our 11th floor room.

CIMG0307-1.jpg

Love those trees!

CIMG0094.jpg

I'll post more as soon as I get them uploaded!

Here are a few more from 2005. This was before they remodeled most of the resort. I believe when we were there this time they were just working on the concierge level.

CIMG0218.jpg

Gotta love those bedspreads!

CIMG0160.jpg

And here are some from my September 2007 trip. After the remodel!

CIMG3197.jpg

CIMG3196.jpg

CIMG3194.jpg

One afternoon when we returned to our room the TV was on and I thought the mousekeeper left it on by accident. Then I saw Mickey... that naughty mouse!

CIMG3255-1.jpg

Do you guys mind taking a step back in time with me to my first Contemporary visit...
P1000344.jpg

P1000343.jpg

P1000342.jpg

P1000341.jpg

These were taken on my first CR stay in 2003... I know they've changed the design but I still think that this design in cool! I like the new too i guess... :goodvibes

I too read about the bacteria in Florida lake water, I was unaware that The lagoon was part of the story tho-- I never really looked into it much since we will prolly never swim in Florida lake water.... but I know a few kids got really sick due to it.

Love the pictures- I must admit I am liking the new decore MUCH better than the old! It was definitly due for remodeling eh??:goodvibes

Here are a few more from 2005. This was before they remodeled most of the resort. I believe when we were there this time they were just working on the concierge level.

CIMG0218.jpg

Gotta love those bedspreads!

CIMG0160.jpg

And here are some from my September 2007 trip. After the remodel!

CIMG3197.jpg

CIMG3196.jpg

CIMG3194.jpg

One afternoon when we returned to our room the TV was on and I thought the mousekeeper left it on by accident. Then I saw Mickey... that naughty mouse!

CIMG3255-1.jpg

Would you happen to be a fellow Staten Islander? ;)

What an amazing difference after the remodel. Before I saw that those pics were taken in 2003 and 2005, I assumed they were from the 1990's or even the 80's :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter