conspiracy against gem stones? lol :p

goodshepherd

Mouseketeer
did anyone else notice that in the frontierland shoppe, theres no longer a gemstone table with gemstones in it (that kids run too and see if they can touch the bottom of the big pile of smoothed stones?)

and in the pirates store, the gemstone display in the back is no longer there as well?

this seems to be a concerted effort to conspire against gemstones.
(or rock tumbled stones....)

notice the little things lol :p

I noticed they were gone too when I was there. Didn't even consider the high touch surface/sanitary reasoning, but that makes sense. Now the question is, will they bring them back whenever COVID is less central in our lives? I wonder how much of a big seller they were.

I noticed they were gone too when I was there. Didn't even consider the high touch surface/sanitary reasoning, but that makes sense. Now the question is, will they bring them back whenever COVID is less central in our lives? I wonder how much of a big seller they were.

I wish they'd bring them back. My kids (and I) always loved those!! It's not like you're not touching plenty of other things in DLR (lap bars, etc). I suspect they won't be back, though. I'm guessing they were something of a pain for the employees.

It's interesting you noticed those changes in the shops. While it might seem like a conspiracy against gemstones or rock tumbled stones, it could simply be a change in merchandise or store layout. Businesses often update their displays and offerings based on various factors.
If you're interested in learning more about gemstones and rock polishing techniques, you might find this guide at https://rockstumbling.com/rock-polishing-techniques helpful. It can provide some insights into the world of gemstones and how they're processed and polished.

Last edited:
It’s because of Covid - kids sticking their hands in there and playing with the gems is a great way to spread germs

Yeah, they got rid of all that kind of stuff when Covid hit. They were trying to discourage touching. One might think that at this point they could bring them back, but there may be reasons that they dont.

Yeah, they got rid of all that kind of stuff when Covid hit. They were trying to discourage touching. One might think that at this point they could bring them back, but there may be reasons that they dont.
Agreed, COVID provided a lot of excuses fora lot of things going away, things which were a pain for staff before, in many different businesses (bulk food at grocery stores, etc)

I’m sure it was that way with the stones AND the cool beads they used to sell in World of Disney, although they might have disappeared before COVID. I just know they were fun to make bracelets with and now they’re gone. Still have my Mickey hands and pants beads…Tink shoes..Lion King. PLUS like the stones, they were an inexpensive souvenir, which made it great for kids to buy with own money.

Attachments

• IMG_1392.jpeg
    IMG_1392.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter