Considering Changing Resorts

mamaanna

Earning My Ears
On a whim, I checked our travel dates again. SO many more resorts have availability, and so now I can't decide! Our current reservations are for All-Star Movies. We will be staying a Sunday-Thursday in December, with 2 park days. Party includes myself, DH, and DD (2, turning 3 in Feb). DH & I stayed in POFQ for our honeymoon and loved it. So that's on our list - but so are Riverside and Cornado Springs. Where would you stay? Or would you stick with our current plans?

Current plans are arrive Sunday afternoon, and then pool/Disney Springs. Monday is MK. Tues is explore resorts/pool time/shopping. Wed is AK. Thursday is repeat of Tues, but our flight is that evening.

ASM is cute and all with the outdoors/building theming, but the rooms are tiny. I think moderate rooms and pools are much better and more dining options too. I'd go for Coronado Springs.

Every bad hotel experience that I have had at WDW for the last 25+ years has been at a value. I refuse to stay at one ever again so for me, it is very much worth it to stay somewhere else.

Stay where you want to stay with a kid that young. Seriously. They just want a pool. That being said, the toddler splash pad at POFQ is a lot of fun and I like the small resort footprint with a stroller.

On a whim, I checked our travel dates again. SO many more resorts have availability, and so now I can't decide! Our current reservations are for All-Star Movies. We will be staying a Sunday-Thursday in December, with 2 park days. Party includes myself, DH, and DD (2, turning 3 in Feb). DH & I stayed in POFQ for our honeymoon and loved it. So that's on our list - but so are Riverside and Cornado Springs. Where would you stay? Or would you stick with our current plans?

Current plans are arrive Sunday afternoon, and then pool/Disney Springs. Monday is MK. Tues is explore resorts/pool time/shopping. Wed is AK. Thursday is repeat of Tues, but our flight is that evening.

With two days of pool time, I would move to a moderate. The pools are much nicer and much more relaxing. Given you want to do Disney Springs, I would look at Riverside so you can ride the boat to Disney Springs, and if you can get a Royal Guest Room, your DD will love it. They are not far from French Quarter so one day you could use their pool.

I really liked Coronado springs!! While the pools at ASM are nicely themed, they are too busy and the noise level is high. Also their rooms are so small and basic. If you can afford it, definitely upgrade to a moderate!!!!

I'd go moderate also for all the reasons stated. I'd go Coronado Springs because you're basically getting the feeling of a deluxe for a mod price. It also has some great food options and lost of room for little legs to run off steam. ;-)

Have you considered Pop- there are 3 pools on-site and access to CBR (for food, etc) via Skyliner is quick and enjoyable.

Have you considered Pop- there are 3 pools on-site and access to CBR (for food, etc) via Skyliner is quick and enjoyable.
Yea, we've stayed at Pop before, so that's part of why we picked ASM. (Also ASM was the only AS resort open when we booked)

I would stick with the value resort unless YOU want to stay at a moderate. The kids really love the humongous structures and there really is a lot to see, esp at the All Stars! Do ask for a first floor room. It really is the easiest with a toddler and their stuff.

I would stick with the value resort unless YOU want to stay at a moderate. The kids really love the humongous structures and there really is a lot to see, esp at the All Stars! Do ask for a first floor room. It really is the easiest with a toddler and their stuff.

We're going to stay with ASM. The price difference was just too much for us right now, especially with all these other $$ things Disney is adding.. (grumble grumble Genie+ grumble grumble). We may or may not spend a ton of time at the pool, depends on what DD wants to do. We want to explore other resorts too, especially since their Christmas decorations will be up.

We're going to stay with ASM. The price difference was just too much for us right now, especially with all these other $$ things Disney is adding.. (grumble grumble Genie+ grumble grumble). We may or may not spend a ton of time at the pool, depends on what DD wants to do. We want to explore other resorts too, especially since their Christmas decorations will be up.
Absolutely!! Its really fun to visit the resorts and see their holiday decor. Don't forget the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian!

Have a great trip. We've stayed at Music several times without complaint. Bad experiences can be had at any resort. My husband refuses to return to Saratoga Springs but would stay at Music without question. Little ones love the theming of the All Stars.

Can anyone tell me if Uber/Lyft will pick up and/or drop off at individual buildings at All Star Movies or must you go over to main building/lobby to meet driver?

Can anyone tell me if Uber/Lyft will pick up and/or drop off at individual buildings at All Star Movies or must you go over to main building/lobby to meet driver?

Hi, I have had Lyft pick up in front of my specific building in SSR. As long as you put in that location, they should be able to find you. They can drop you off in front of any building also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter