Connecting a 1 Bedroom with a Regular Concierge

andeesings

DIS Veteran
Question! My family, after all the delays and rebookings, finally decided to rebook on the Dream on a 4 night sailing in Feb. 2022.

We've taken adjoining rooms in concierge (I mean, MIGHT AS WELL, right??) a 1 bedroom and a regular deluxe concierge room. We definitely will be leaving the adjoining door open as well as requesting the balconies will adjoin as well, but my big question is, I know that you can get main dining room meals delivered to 1 bedroom concierge suites, but if we're adjoining and together, will they treat it like a two bedroom suite?

I'm just dreaming that cruising will resume and I'll be able to take this trip.

Question! My family, after all the delays and rebookings, finally decided to rebook on the Dream on a 4 night sailing in Feb. 2022.

We've taken adjoining rooms in concierge (I mean, MIGHT AS WELL, right??) a 1 bedroom and a regular deluxe concierge room. We definitely will be leaving the adjoining door open as well as requesting the balconies will adjoin as well, but my big question is, I know that you can get main dining room meals delivered to 1 bedroom concierge suites, but if we're adjoining and together, will they treat it like a two bedroom suite?

I'm just dreaming that cruising will resume and I'll be able to take this trip.
Anyone not booked in a Concierge room cannot go to the Concierge Lounge, or use the Concierge area on the pool deck.

Now, if you order, say, 4 meals for the two of you (or whatever the numbers would be) in the Concierge room, I believe they would do that.

The rule allowing dining only in 1BR and higher is for practical reasons : they want to serve the meal on a real table. Having often cruised in Concierge, I’m certain they will bring meals for everyone, especially if everyone is staying in a Concierge stateroom. I’m not sure they would object to you having non-Concierge guests having a meal delivered to your 1BR.

The rule allowing dining only in 1BR and higher is for practical reasons : they want to serve the meal on a real table. Having often cruised in Concierge, I’m certain they will bring meals for everyone, especially if everyone is staying in a Concierge stateroom. I’m not sure they would object to you having non-Concierge guests having a meal delivered to your 1BR.

I agree.....i think they’d happily serve dinner in the 1 BR suite and the neighboring concierge room can dine with you in there. I’m guessing this happens a lot with larger families/parties who are traveling together. That being said, this seems like a pretty straightforward question and I’m sure concierge shoreside could easily confirm yes or no.

Anyone not booked in a Concierge room cannot go to the Concierge Lounge, or use the Concierge area on the pool deck.

Now, if you order, say, 4 meals for the two of you (or whatever the numbers would be) in the Concierge room, I believe they would do that.

We're all booked in concierge rooms, but as I understand it only the 1 bedroom suites can have main dining room room service. We booked the 1 bedroom concierge and the adjoining concierge room, which isn't a 1 bedroom suite just regular concierge.

I agree.....i think they’d happily serve dinner in the 1 BR suite and the neighboring concierge room can dine with you in there. I’m guessing this happens a lot with larger families/parties who are traveling together. That being said, this seems like a pretty straightforward question and I’m sure concierge shoreside could easily confirm yes or no.

Thanks guys! Just wondering out loud. We definitely would love to dine together, and whether we eat in our room or not all depends on how we're feeling. Might be fun!

Thanks guys! Just wondering out loud. We definitely would love to dine together, and whether we eat in our room or not all depends on how we're feeling. Might be fun!

Have you cruised concierge before? Shoreside concierge is super helpful! I must have emailed them 10 times before my first cruise, lol!! You’ll absolutely love the service, both on board and beforehand!

Have you cruised concierge before? Shoreside concierge is super helpful! I must have emailed them 10 times before my first cruise, lol!! You’ll absolutely love the service, both on board and beforehand!
While this is true, we find there is a major disconnect between shoreside and onboard Concierge services. Messages made to Shoreside are not always relayed to the onboard team. Many requests and questions are answered by ‘you’ll need to ask directly to the team once you get onboard’. Shoreside are often in the dark about how things are handled onboard, like for example in-room dining.

That being said, both sides are super helpful and friendly when you reach out to them and they are able to do something about it.

We have traveled in a connecting suite/room on the Dream concierge. There was no problem ordering dinner to the suite for all of us. There was no question about it. I think they assume if you're connecting cabins you likely will be eating together.

No, I haven't, but maybe I should!!!!! We've never cruised concierge before. :-) SUPER excited about it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!