Connecticut DVC Owners thread?

Good morning! My sister and her family are in Enfield, pretty close to BDL but asked about my experience with Avelo. I gave her my thoughts and said the wild card seems to be parking at Tweed.
Does anybody have a tried and true strategy for funding parking at Tweed?
Sorry, I wish I knew what was up with parking over there, but following in case someone does.

While I'm on here, is anyone else running the Disney Princess races at the end of February?

We flew down via Avelo and I had no complaints. Everything at Tweed was quick and efficient. My husband didn’t like the lack of legroom but he appreciated the early departure, early arrival, and direct flight. They served a little bottle of water and packaged sugar cookie; my kids said the cookies were delicious.
Were you able to sit with your kids? We’re flying next month with no paid seat, and I saw the back of the plane mostly filled up and I’m getting a little nervous.

Were you able to sit with your kids? We’re flying next month with no paid seat, and I saw the back of the plane mostly filled up and I’m getting a little nervous.
I flew with my 2 teenagers and we were separated. The way the seat assignments worked out, they were seated together and I sat a few rows away. I took my chances since I didn't want to pay to choose our seats. Having said that, there were quite a few empty seats, so I think I could have asked the flight attendant to seat us together if I chose to.

We were seated with our kids but we’ve also selected our own seats. Since that first flight, we now also pay for extra legroom seats.

Good morning! My sister and her family are in Enfield, pretty close to BDL but asked about my experience with Avelo. I gave her my thoughts and said the wild card seems to be parking at Tweed.
Does anybody have a tried and true strategy for funding parking at Tweed?
I always check this the night before: https://parkhvn.com/

We actually don’t park there because we usually drive to my in laws’ and then pick them up and continue to drive to Tweed. Then we just pull up, unload, and either my MIL or FIL will get out, move to driver’s seat, and drive the minivan back to their house so they can pick us up.

I always check this the night before: https://parkhvn.com/

We actually don’t park there because we usually drive to my in laws’ and then pick them up and continue to drive to Tweed. Then we just pull up, unload, and either my MIL or FIL will get out, move to driver’s seat, and drive the minivan back to their house so they can pick us up.
Thank you for this! I sent it on to my sister.

71 more days till our big HS graduation/birthdays trip! We've never stayed more than three nights at WDW, so SIX nights will certainly be a luxury! Ah, to wander around knowing we have TIME and park Hoppers, and family with us enjoying our DVC Home....
:cool1:

I see Avelo has added flights into Melbourne from New Haven. I’ve always liked flying in and out of there for Vero Beach stays and Disney as well

I see Avelo has added flights into Melbourne from New Haven. I’ve always liked flying in and out of there for Vero Beach stays and Disney as well
I was sad that the dates didn’t work for our July trip because I much prefer that airport to MCO.

Also, it’s interesting to me that Avelo now has a bigger discount (50%) on select routes for July but they’re so much more expensive than they were a month or so ago when I booked the same dates at 33% off. I guess it’s a busy summer for travel after all.

Hello! Fellow CT DVC owner here. We own at BCV but will be staying at BLT in 98 (!!) days.
We're flying out of Tweed- being 15 minutes away is a convenience I appreciate after going to BDL, JFK, and LGA many times. We've flown "budget" airlines before so I think I know what I'm in for as far as Avelo but I do have an airport related question. Are there any concessions available at Tweed and if so, what should I expect (vending machines? sandwiches? anything hot like a burger/ hot dog/ other fast food?).

Our flight leaves at noon. I am planning on being there at 9 AM to park, check bags, and get through TSA without having to rush or worry that the 1000th time my 6 year old needs a restroom is the one that will be my undoing. We'll just need a quick lunch either pre-boarding or in-flight and if I need to roll through security with peanut butter sandwiches for all, I'd rather know now. Thanks!

Hello! Fellow CT DVC owner here. We own at BCV but will be staying at BLT in 98 (!!) days.
We're flying out of Tweed- being 15 minutes away is a convenience I appreciate after going to BDL, JFK, and LGA many times. We've flown "budget" airlines before so I think I know what I'm in for as far as Avelo but I do have an airport related question. Are there any concessions available at Tweed and if so, what should I expect (vending machines? sandwiches? anything hot like a burger/ hot dog/ other fast food?).

Our flight leaves at noon. I am planning on being there at 9 AM to park, check bags, and get through TSA without having to rush or worry that the 1000th time my 6 year old needs a restroom is the one that will be my undoing. We'll just need a quick lunch either pre-boarding or in-flight and if I need to roll through security with peanut butter sandwiches for all, I'd rather know now. Thanks!
There’s a little café stand there; we get coffee, water, tea, and muffins there. They have some sandwiches but I’ve never paid too much attention because we have always taken a morning flight out of there. July will be our first time on a flight from there after breakfast time (our flight leaves at 12 pm). We’ve never hit a line longer than 1-2 people at TSA; it’s literally the quickest TSA I’ve ever been through. The line to check your bag in at the portable is many times longer than the TSA line there.

If your flight leaves at noon, I wouldn’t plan to get there until 10:30 or so, maybe 11. We usually arrive about 90 minutes before our flight and still have time for the kids to go to the bathroom, get a muffin and water, and eat the muffin before boarding. For our 12 pm flight in July, we plan to arrive around 11 am and have the kids eat while waiting in line to check the bags.

There’s a little café stand there; we get coffee, water, tea, and muffins there. They have some sandwiches but I’ve never paid too much attention because we have always taken a morning flight out of there. July will be our first time on a flight from there after breakfast time (our flight leaves at 12 pm). We’ve never hit a line longer than 1-2 people at TSA; it’s literally the quickest TSA I’ve ever been through. The line to check your bag in at the portable is many times longer than the TSA line there.

If your flight leaves at noon, I wouldn’t plan to get there until 10:30 or so, maybe 11. We usually arrive about 90 minutes before our flight and still have time for the kids to go to the bathroom, get a muffin and water, and eat the muffin before boarding. For our 12 pm flight in July, we plan to arrive around 11 am and have the kids eat while waiting in line to check the bags.
Thanks so much! This is all useful.
We had friends fly out a few weeks ago and there was 1 TSA agent for everyone (so roughly 200 people trying to all get somewhere at the same time) and that’s what had me worried. I’m certain her experience isn’t the norm (my father flies through Tweed often- but almost always late in the day and never gate checking anything or with children in tow and he arrives maybe an hour pre-flight if he isn’t checking bags) BUT if it weren’t for bad luck I’d have no luck so I may just split the difference and plan to park the car for 10 AM.

We’ll grab breakfast on the way or have it at home, but I know my kids (6 and 16) are not going to make it from 10 AM ish until 4 PM ish on snacks alone. Good to know there’s at least something open by 9-10 AM there!

Thanks so much! This is all useful.
We had friends fly out a few weeks ago and there was 1 TSA agent for everyone (so roughly 200 people trying to all get somewhere at the same time) and that’s what had me worried. I’m certain her experience isn’t the norm (my father flies through Tweed often- but almost always late in the day and never gate checking anything or with children in tow and he arrives maybe an hour pre-flight if he isn’t checking bags) BUT if it weren’t for bad luck I’d have no luck so I may just split the difference and plan to park the car for 10 AM.

We’ll grab breakfast on the way or have it at home, but I know my kids (6 and 16) are not going to make it from 10 AM ish until 4 PM ish on snacks alone. Good to know there’s at least something open by 9-10 AM there!
The stand has been open when we’ve taken the first flight out from there so it will definitely be open in time for noon.

I’ve never even seen 200 people in that entire airport at the same time (even when we’ve flown out from there over Thanksgiving and between Christening and New Year’s Eve) so 200 of them trying to get through TSA there is mind blowing to me. 10 am sounds like a good plan.

I hope you have a great trip!

The stand has been open when we’ve taken the first flight out from there so it will definitely be open in time for noon.

I’ve never even seen 200 people in that entire airport at the same time (even when we’ve flown out from there over Thanksgiving and between Christening and New Year’s Eve) so 200 of them trying to get through TSA there is mind blowing to me. 10 am sounds like a good plan.

I hope you have a great trip!
Thanks! I’m just hoping to toss my kids a pbj that I didn’t also have to haul through security.

April break and full flights, and 19 of those people were her party alone (which I can not even imagine because traveling with 4-6 of us is about the limit of what my sanity can handle). Our flight holds almost 150 people and if they’re all waiting in one line it probably would feel like 1000 when all you want to do is get on the plane. There were A LOT of issues that day (any of which can happen on any airline anywhere- not at all a knock on the airline/ airport). I can guarantee no one took a headcount but I’d imagine at some point it probably felt like 2000 people when you’re stuck in a line that seems to just not move and have confirmed that one person is the only person checking all of the items all of these people plan to board the plane with.

It’s comforting to know that her experience doesn’t seem to have been replicated. But I promise you if there is ever a day there will be 1 agent for 200 people at that airport again it is highly likely to be the day my family decides to roll in an hour pre-flight 🤦🏻‍♀️😳

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter