Connecticut DVC Owners thread?

And we received nothing out of or into Tweed. Zip! No water, cookie, nada.
Buy whatever you can't do without from the tiny counter at Tweed.

From orlando-airport.com

TERMINAL​

Arrivals Terminal:​

Avelo Airlines uses Terminal A at Orlando Airport.
In some cases this terminal can change, check the terminal with your airline.
Check your arriving flight here

Departures Terminal:​

Avelo Airlines uses Terminal A at Orlando Airport.
In some cases this terminal can change, check the terminal with your airline.
Check your departing flight here

FLIGHTS​

Just to be clear what this means in practice...

If you check a bag, your baggage carousel will be on the A-side and you should use the A-side car rental counters.

If you don't check a bag, nothing will force you to go to A just because you flew Avelo. Go down the B-side escalators and use the B-side car rental counters.

Thanks everyone. I've always flown Delta into Terminal B so A will be an adventure and I did not realize they both had Budget locations. Guess I will bring some cookies and water with me just in case. I will be checking a bag.

Just nervous re Covid on the plane regardless of masking. One of the few that never had it although I took care of DW who had the original version back March 2020 for two weeks. BA5 right now. Figure by next summer we will be on version BA17.

Avelo - You get what you pay for. Tried it for the first time.

Going Down
At the desk the CSR said I did not pay for the luggage. I showed them my Chase Mobile App receipt clearly indicating Avelo. The 2nd CSR said yeah sometimes there is a glitch in the system so you don't have to pay again.

Fastest take off I've ever been on. Full throttled the engines and then released the brakes and bam we were off at an incredible speed. Guess its a short runway. There were no snacks or drinks on the flight.

At MCO I got to the baggage claim area and waited 21 minutes for the luggage to roll off. Longest I've ever waited. Don't know if MCO has their own baggage handlers or the airlines do.

Coming Back
Night before the flight I tried to check in but kept getting messages that they could not connect me. At the counter in MCO they said I owe then $45 for the checked bag and when I explained the system would not let me check in they said sorry you owe us $45 which included a penalty for not checking in online.

Flight back was fine (again no snacks or water), we actually landed about 10 minutes early. The flight attendant asked us to clap and congratulate the pilots for getting them there safely - What??? But the airport was not ready for us and we waited the 10 minutes on the taxi way. Once at the gate, we waited about 15 minutes for someone to roll out the ramp to get us off the plane. There was one other plane that had been there. I then found out that they lost my luggage, along with about 8 other people. They blamed TSA saying they randomly inspect bags that don't make the flight. I have an Airtag tracker in my luggage which indicated the bag was in Orlando at last check. I asked to fill out a lost luggage form and they said you have to do that online as we have no forms.

Morale - I will only fly them with carry ones.

Best announcement I've heard was in MCO when over the intercom a person said about a flight about to depart:
We Love you
We Need you
But we will leave you.

The whole terminal started laughing.

Last edited:
Avelo - You get what you pay for. Tried it for the first time.

Going Down
At the desk the CSR said I did not pay for the luggage. I showed them my Chase Mobile App receipt clearly indicating Avelo. The 2nd CSR said yeah sometimes there is a glitch in the system so you don't have to pay again.

Fastest take off I've ever been on. Full throttled the engines and then released the brakes and bam we were off at an incredible speed. Guess its a short runway. There were no snacks or drinks on the flight.

At MCO I got to the baggage claim area and waited 21 minutes for the luggage to roll off. Longest I've ever waited. Don't know if MCO has their own baggage handlers or the airlines do.

Coming Back
Night before the flight I tried to check in but kept getting messages that they could not connect me. At the counter in MCO they said I owe then $45 for the checked bag and when I explained the system would not let me check in they said sorry you owe us $45 which included a penalty for not checking in online.

Flight back was fine (again no snacks or water), we actually landed about 10 minutes early. The flight attendant asked us to clap and congratulate the pilots for getting them there safely - What??? But the airport was not ready for us and we waited the 10 minutes on the taxi way. Once at the gate, we waited about 15 minutes for someone to roll out the ramp to get us off the plane. There was one other plane that had been there. I then found out that they lost my luggage, along with about 8 other people. They blamed TSA saying they randomly inspect bags that don't make the flight. I have an Airtag tracker in my luggage which indicated the bag was in Orlando at last check. I asked to fill out a lost luggage form and they said you have to do that online as we have no forms.

Morale - I will only fly them with carry ones.

Best announcement I've heard was in MCO when over the intercom a person said about a flight about to depart:
We Love you
We Need you
But we will leave you.

The whole terminal started laughing.
Such a lot of trouble you had!! Wish things had gone better.
Hope you get your suitcase back soon!!
Was it a good trip? And that IS a funny intercom announcement!🤣

Such a lot of trouble you had!! Wish things had gone better.
Hope you get your suitcase back soon!!
Was it a good trip? And that IS a funny intercom announcement!🤣
Yes drove back and picked it up. I asked two people to help me, neither did, then I spotted the bag, grabbed it and left.

The guys directing traffic are very nice, but I cannot say the same for those inside the building.

Trip was good. Had a Boardwalk View Studio high floor for two nights so I was able to film the EPCOT fireworks. I stopped at the new Boardwalk Deli and had the Rubin sandwich. Not really that good. But the cannoli was.

I am considering not renewing APs and, instead, flying to Anaheim or Honolulu. Kids will be just turned 8 and 10 and I do have some concerns about a direct flight to Honolulu being too long for them (okay, really for my husband) to handle.

I wanted to know what you would recommend:
1. Flying out to Aulani for 6-8 nights.
2. I’m also open to 2-4 nights at VGC (if possible) and then 4-5 at Aulani.

Which would you pick and why?

Under 60 days til our next trip. Anyone else heading down soon
Not me, but I'm doing "the unthinkable"....
Sending my H.S. Senior (will be 18 by then) to meet his big sis (27 then) WITHOUT MAMA just before Christmas! 😳🤯😬
This, my friends, is a logistical experiment in terror as they are flying to MCO from different states. And on top of all that, it's a surprise (at least presently).
I know. It's risky and a thousand things can go wrong, but I'm praying they all go right.
DS is turning 18 before Thanksgiving and is a WDW Expert. DD is close to being an Expert. My consolation is that I can fly down quick from Tweed or Bradley and fill in if anyone can't make the trip! For once, I am glad I'm not at 60 days yet so I have more time to plan and pay LOL.
So have a great Halloween trip and let us know what's happening down there in Paradise!

I am considering not renewing APs and, instead, flying to Anaheim or Honolulu. Kids will be just turned 8 and 10 and I do have some concerns about a direct flight to Honolulu being too long for them (okay, really for my husband) to handle.

I wanted to know what you would recommend:
1. Flying out to Aulani for 6-8 nights.
2. I’m also open to 2-4 nights at VGC (if possible) and then 4-5 at Aulani.

Which would you pick and why?

I have no advice about which one because either sounds great to me.
I just wanted to say we did the direct JFK-Honolulu flight with a 5 and 7 year old a few months ago and it was fine. I wouldnt let the direct flight be the deciding factor.

We are finally under 90 days. I still can’t decide on what adr’s to make.
We are also scheduled to fly home on a Sunday. I can’t add a night at Hard Rock since it is sold out. I can’t decide if we should just fly home Sat. or book something else. It would mean another switch and we are already doing a split stay.
But then I am missing a day of fun, food and festive Christmas decorations.

Not me, but I'm doing "the unthinkable"....
Sending my H.S. Senior (will be 18 by then) to meet his big sis (27 then) WITHOUT MAMA just before Christmas! 😳🤯😬
This, my friends, is a logistical experiment in terror as they are flying to MCO from different states. And on top of all that, it's a surprise (at least presently).
I know. It's risky and a thousand things can go wrong, but I'm praying they all go right.
DS is turning 18 before Thanksgiving and is a WDW Expert. DD is close to being an Expert. My consolation is that I can fly down quick from Tweed or Bradley and fill in if anyone can't make the trip! For once, I am glad I'm not at 60 days yet so I have more time to plan and pay LOL.
So have a great Halloween trip and let us know what's happening down there in Paradise!
That’s exciting! I am jealous. DD17 starts college today(commuting). I invited her to come to WDW with us Thanksgiving weekend but she would have to fly home alone since we are staying the rest of the week. She would be able to stay Thursday to Monday. She is too afraid of navigating MCO alone and wont fly home alone.

What is going on with JetBlue? My flight just got cancelled out from under me and the only flights they're running from Orlando to Hartford are 10pm to 1am. I guess they're pretty much ceding the route to Southwest because this is a pathetic attempt at competing.

What is going on with JetBlue? My flight just got cancelled out from under me and the only flights they're running from Orlando to Hartford are 10pm to 1am. I guess they're pretty much ceding the route to Southwest because this is a pathetic attempt at competing.
Thats horrible. Prices are also the killer out of BDL with JB... our upcoming February trip is on points but the prices for 3 in April are approaching $3K right now! Hopefully Southwest will release flights for full April soon.

That's terrible. I just flew JB in September and had such great experience I was thinking of getting the JB credit card to earn some miles. Maybe I won't bother now and will stick with my SW card.

That's terrible. I just flew JB in September and had such great experience I was thinking of getting the JB credit card to earn some miles. Maybe I won't bother now and will stick with my SW card.
If you cruise at all, JetBlue is still really good to Miami and Fort Lauderdale, but I've been annoyed with their Orlando service for some time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter