confused.....

tink1996

Earning My Ears
from ontario. first time flying out of buffalo with sw.booked a package then found out that its not ticketless. so I can only get my boarding pass 4 hours prior to flying. how does this work with the A B C process. very early flight .thanks for your help

I would get to the airport early if you want A's. Not sure what else to tell you. I've never booked a package thru them. Why do they say you can't get a boarding pass til 4 hrs before?

M.

They said since its not ticketless I can't print pre-boarding pass. I have to get the boarding pass at the ticket counter.i'm just worried that we will get no seats.

Hi

I just booked a package through Southwest this morning. It also needs a ticket. They will mail it to you about two to three weeks before your flight- ours should be getting here in 10-12 days.

They also do not assign seats and but you will get on the flight - apparently once you get on the plane it's a free for all ie getting your seats - they will not assign seats.

Your reservation is guaranteed - they did give you a reservation number and once you have a ticket you will get on the flight. I would not worry about it.

Have a great trip

Denise

Are you travelling on a senior Fare?

The Southwest site states
"If you are traveling on a Senior Fare, and you are not age verified, you MUST provide valid proof of age (driver's license or other accepted identification) at the airport when exchanging your confirmation number for a boarding pass. You will not be able to check in online or at a RAPID CHECK-IN Kiosk. A Medicare card is not considered valid proof of age."

They have a process to make yourself eligible for online checkin but the whole process takes 4 - 6 weeks from start to receiving a confirmation letter in the mail once your date of birth has been verified. (ie create a My Southwest Account; make a copy of your driver’s license or another government-issued photo identification that indicates your date of birth and mail to Southwest Airlines Customer)

If not travellying on a senior fare, even if you were to get a C boarding pass I doubt you would be bumped from the flight. Once people starting queuing, jump in queue to be near the front of the C queue. When we went in February, I only recall 1 person with a C boarding pass who didn't get to seat with their party. They actually had a better seat because they found a vacant seat towards the front where most of those who have A boarding passes first sit. Also if you have young children under 5 you get to preboard regardless of what letter you have on your boarding pass.

Passengers board in 4 groups:
handicapped and those with young children (on a flight to MCO this can be a good portion of the plane)
and then A tickets, B Tickets and finally C tickets.

Seats are there for everyone, it's just that the latter groups will have less choice. Your group might not be all together, but there never really seemed to be a problem on our flights. It is only a short flight, not to worry.

The other concern is finding a place for your carryon. The overhead compartments do get stuffed quickly. But again...have never seen the flight attendants take anything away from anyone. They always find room.

Enjoy your flight !

Thanks for the replies. I was getting nervous with this boarding pass goo. after watching the show AIRLINE I had visions of us not getting on vacation. Due to the A B C stations. I hope all goes well. I will let you Know

tink1996 said:
after watching the show AIRLINE I had visions of us not getting on vacation.

If you're like any of the characters on Airline than I'd be concerned too. :happytv: Have fun and don't worry.

Do you have kids under 5?......if so ,you will just line up with the pre-Boarders and board before all the A,B,or C lines.

Hi all!

We travelled our last trip with SW and also had to check in for our bording passes. The first 3 times (we had to stop over) we got an A ticket and were able to sit together. Just like getting on a bus... with no assigned seating.

A boarding pass holders get first dibs.

The 4th time, we got a B or C and borded towards the end and didn't sit together... didn't turn out to be much of a big deal anyway. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter