Confused on ticket purchase for Discovery Cove

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
I'm very confused about the ticket purchase for DC. I was going to purchase our tickets from Undercover tourist, they are $220 each which includes the dolphin swim. But I went to look at the price on the DC website and for the same tickets they are $340 each! Why such a price difference? I'm worried I'm not buying the right tickets at UCT... I know they are discounted but that is a big price gap. Also, if I do purchase them on UCT how do I book our day? Thanks :)

I'm very confused about the ticket purchase for DC. I was going to purchase our tickets from Undercover tourist, they are $220 each which includes the dolphin swim. But I went to look at the price on the DC website and for the same tickets they are $340 each! Why such a price difference? I'm worried I'm not buying the right tickets at UCT... I know they are discounted but that is a big price gap. Also, if I do purchase them on UCT how do I book our day? Thanks :)

The $220 on UCT is the "starting" price - once you go to the cart and select your "redemption date" - i.e. the day you want to go to DC - the price will likely jump up to a more comparable price to the DC site.

I would mention that I just bought tickets today for DC and saw a similar thing. The current adverts mention a price of $189 but small print says "from" and when you go to book you find price varies widely by day. Day I wanted was $340 for dolphin swim. Not as good of a deal as I was looking for.

Then I looked at the ticket office on local military base where they said $220 for a day with the dolphin swim. I figured the devil would be in the details again but no .... looking at the same day I got DC with dolphin for $220 per person ... and this includes the 14 day included admission for Sea World and Aquatica . . . .

Looking at a deal for Discovery Cove. We would do Discovery Cove on 8/30, our first full day in Florida, so we should be good there. So am I right in reading that for $213 (yes, it is that much on our date, I verified) we go to Discovery Cove once with the dolphin swim and then for 14 days after that we can go to Sea World, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens (3 park pass) as many times as we want for the following 14 days? (So essentially through 9/13?) We don’t have to stay at a Sea World hotel or anything? That seems really inexpensive to me so I am wondering if I am missing something?

can't verify your price, but the 14 days is correct. You can use the SW/AQ/BG b4 or after or in the middle, this part is good for 14 days from first use .... so you can go to say SW 7 days b4, then hit DC and you still have the remaining days to do more SW/AQ/BG.

We have the +2 ticket and plan to do AQ, 2 days off, then SW then DC <5 days used> ... we'll still have 9 days of potential SW/AQ . . . no special hotel requirements - we're locals and have purchased for out of town guests who won't be in a hotel at all.

The way is used to work was customer service gave you a plastic card/ticket when you go in to any park the first time and you just use this at any participating park for the 14 days.

Correct. It's a fantastic deal. It also includes free parking at all the parks. Makes DC tickets cheaper per day than almost any other FL park, if you use even 3-4 other visits.

my ticket says nothing about parking being included altho there is no parking charge at DC . . .

we're planning on staying at a 'participating hotel' which usually means free shuttles (no parking fee) AND no charge for Quick Queue

If you get DC + 2 parks (SW & Aquatica), there is no free parking. Upgrading to DC +3 parks includes the free parking for all three other parks - DC always has free parking.

This also means that if you go more than once to another park, upgrading one person to the +3 parks option is cheaper than paying to park.

:thumbsup2

First time we went to DC we also lived near a Bush park

buying one PLATINUM pass got us DC discounts and free parking at all parks that paid for the pass .. we already had family passes to the local (Williamsburg) parks

The pricing on the various tickets at the parks is getting to be as complicated as the airlines . . . .

We went around 5 years ago to DC and we were able to purchase a pass for free parking for all the parks. I think it was around $25 for the entire time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!