Confused about points for tentative 2021 vacation!

heart goes boOm

Mouseketeer
I think I figured it out but I need confirmation and the DVC CM I want to talk to is not available today

Next trip is probably going to be 2021 for Disney World’s 50th Anniversary. My use Year is December. So I’m assuming the points I can use for that trip will be my banked point from December 2019 and current points from December 2020 and, if needed, borrow points from December 2021 points. Did I get it right?

I have 18 points left from December 2018. I was gonna bank then but if it won’t be used for the 2021 trip, I have to figure out how to use them.

Thanks in advance!

Next trip is probably going to be 2021 for Disney World’s 50th Anniversary. My use Year is December. So I’m assuming the points I can use for that trip will be my banked point from December 2019 and current points from December 2020 and, if needed, borrow points from December 2021 points. Did I get it right?

Yes

And see you there.

I think I figured it out but I need confirmation and the DVC CM I want to talk to is not available today

I have 18 points left from December 2018. I was gonna bank then but if it won’t be used for the 2021 trip, I have to figure out how to use them.

Thanks in advance!
Yes that is how you will use your points. However the 2018 points if banked need to be used in 2019 as they become that use years points. You can always rent them out at rent/trade so you do not lose them and use the money towards souvenirs for your trip

Yes that is how you will use your points. However the 2018 points if banked need to be used in 2019 as they become that use years points. You can always rent them out at rent/trade so you do not lose them and use the money towards souvenirs for your trip

thanks! it's not banked yet - i am reading up on that rent/trade part of disboards.

Renting them out might not get you much unless you want to use additional points to make a reservation. As long as you don't bank them you could do a transfer to another member. This might work out better so that you don't need to worry about a rental reservation. There are probably plenty of members who only need a few extra points for a reservation, but most people that want to do a transfer only really want to transfer a larger amount of points.

Thanks in advance!

What resort are the point for?

My DVC resort is Poly. I think I want to do the transfer route from what I am reading but I am honestly anxiety ridden with this because I don’t understand how it’s done!!! I’m reading up on it because I don’t wanna ask anything stupid. I am part of a FB group with some rude members so I hate asking!!!

In the Rent/Trade section of DVC, if I choose to transfer points. Payment is decided between the two members? Do they pay first? Transfer first? And transferring of points requires calling DVC?

I think you just call MS with the other members number. If your points were for CCV I would have paid you up front for a transfer. Right use year, wrong resort, sorry. No need to be anxious you still have months to get this figured out. Try posting them in the rent/trade forum.

My DVC resort is Poly. I think I want to do the transfer route from what I am reading but I am honestly anxiety ridden with this because I don’t understand how it’s done!!! I’m reading up on it because I don’t wanna ask anything stupid. I am part of a FB group with some rude members so I hate asking!!!

In the Rent/Trade section of DVC, if I choose to transfer points. Payment is decided between the two members? Do they pay first? Transfer first? And transferring of points requires calling DVC?
When I have transfered points in the past, I had them pay upfront through paypal. Then call member services and confirm my information. Once that is done I add the person that I can transfering to on the line so they can confirm they want to transfer. Once the transfer takes place it's a done deal. You and the other person are only allowed one transfer per year, so be sure to keep that in mind when deciding how many points to transfer.

Payment is decided between the two members? Do they pay first? Transfer first? And transferring of points requires calling DVC?
I think each member might handle things differently - some only paypal or other service some a bank check. I received a transfer I had to send the member a bank check (they had reached their limit on their paypal account) I put tracking on it so i knew when it arrived. Thankfully the member was very courteous, let me know when he received the check and with in an hour of him receiving it he had called and made the transfer to me. It worked smoothly but i was nervous about the whole transaction.

I think each member might handle things differently - some only paypal or other service some a bank check. I received a transfer I had to send the member a bank check (they had reached their limit on their paypal account) I put tracking on it so i knew when it arrived. Thankfully the member was very courteous, let me know when he received the check and with in an hour of him receiving it he had called and made the transfer to me. It worked smoothly but i was nervous about the whole transaction.
They do handle it different, however it is safer for the one buying the points to use paypal. If the transaction goes bad, then paypal will refund your money. If it's not a transfer I allow them to pay by check as long as it's a min of 90 days ahead of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!