Confused about points for tentative 2021 vacation!

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by heart goes boOm, Feb 12, 2019.

1. heart goes boOm

heart goes boOm Mouseketeer

I think I figured it out but I need confirmation and the DVC CM I want to talk to is not available today

Next trip is probably going to be 2021 for Disney World’s 50th Anniversary. My use Year is December. So I’m assuming the points I can use for that trip will be my banked point from December 2019 and current points from December 2020 and, if needed, borrow points from December 2021 points. Did I get it right?

I have 18 points left from December 2018. I was gonna bank then but if it won’t be used for the 2021 trip, I have to figure out how to use them.

Thanks in advance!

2. davper

davper DIS Veteran

Yes

And see you there.

heart goes boOm likes this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. makthompson

makthompson Mouseketeer

Yes that is how you will use your points. However the 2018 points if banked need to be used in 2019 as they become that use years points. You can always rent them out at rent/trade so you do not lose them and use the money towards souvenirs for your trip

5. heart goes boOm

thanks! it's not banked yet - i am reading up on that rent/trade part of disboards.

6. makthompson

makthompson Mouseketeer

If they arent banked then there is always the possibility of transfer as well. Just FYI

7. kniquy

kniquy DIS Veteran

Renting them out might not get you much unless you want to use additional points to make a reservation. As long as you don't bank them you could do a transfer to another member. This might work out better so that you don't need to worry about a rental reservation. There are probably plenty of members who only need a few extra points for a reservation, but most people that want to do a transfer only really want to transfer a larger amount of points.

8. Pooh12863

Pooh12863 Earning My Ears

What resort are the point for?

9. heart goes boOm

My DVC resort is Poly. I think I want to do the transfer route from what I am reading but I am honestly anxiety ridden with this because I don’t understand how it’s done!!! I’m reading up on it because I don’t wanna ask anything stupid. I am part of a FB group with some rude members so I hate asking!!!

In the Rent/Trade section of DVC, if I choose to transfer points. Payment is decided between the two members? Do they pay first? Transfer first? And transferring of points requires calling DVC?

10. Pooh12863

Pooh12863 Earning My Ears

I think you just call MS with the other members number. If your points were for CCV I would have paid you up front for a transfer. Right use year, wrong resort, sorry. No need to be anxious you still have months to get this figured out. Try posting them in the rent/trade forum.

11. makthompson

makthompson Mouseketeer

When I have transfered points in the past, I had them pay upfront through paypal. Then call member services and confirm my information. Once that is done I add the person that I can transfering to on the line so they can confirm they want to transfer. Once the transfer takes place it's a done deal. You and the other person are only allowed one transfer per year, so be sure to keep that in mind when deciding how many points to transfer.