CONFIRMED! Splash Mountain REFURB: August 28 - November 16, 2017

I WISH they would take down Space Mountain and replace it with something less jerky. It is so jarring I don't even ride it any more. DDs and DH will do it once or twice a trip and even they are done....
There was a major plan to refurb Space Mountain in 2009. Right now Space is on the list but it is unsure when it would get a refurb.

Space likely won't ever get taken down but would benefit greatly from a refurbishment.

Just wondering, is the 2018 mystery refurb scheduled for a longer period of time than Splash? If that's the case I totally buy into Splash being down when it is. If they are similar in length they should switch, if only to make ME happy :)

This would be HORRIBLE!!! Splash is my favorite ride in all of Disney. Right now we're scheduled to be there Nov.10-18

What does that have to do with anything? There are two seasons to take this ride down January to March and August to November. Due to another major ride going down in early 2018 they pushed this one to late 2017. Disney does not like to have multiple major attraction down at the same time.
This is so untrue. I can cite many instances in which they have had 2 major attractions down at one time. But that really isn't my point and you know it. If the second ride that needs a refurb is not a wet ride, it should be the one down in the warmer months and the wet ride should be the one down in Jan/Feb. It really isn't rocket science. Your common sense tells you as much, but you love for Disney has you making excuses for them.

What does that have to do with anything? There are two seasons to take this ride down January to March and August to November. Due to another major ride going down in early 2018 they pushed this one to late 2017. Disney does not like to have multiple major attraction down at the same time.
I think the point was you have two rides that are going down - one in warm weather, one in cold weather. Why not take the water ride out during cold weather and do the other ride in the warmer weather. We all understand you're saying another major ride is going down in 2018. Everyone is responding to you that whatever ride you're talking about should be taking down during the Sept/Oct period and do Splash in Jan/Feb.

This is so untrue. I can cite many instances in which they have had 2 major attractions down at one time. But that really isn't my point and you know it. If the second ride that needs a refurb is not a wet ride, it should be the one down in the warmer months and the wet ride should be the one down in Jan/Feb. It really isn't rocket science. Your common sense tells you as much, but you love for Disney has you making excuses for them.

What if the other major attraction turns out to be Expedition Everest? Maybe they didn't want to take it down for refurb with the larger crowds expected for Pandora to open. This would take down a major attraction in the same park only 4 months after a major new land opens in that same park. So they do Splash this Fall and push Everest back further into next year.

Nooo! Splash is my favorite ride. It would make more sense to have it close December and January (colder months)

This makes me so bummed out! I'm going for the first time in September, and was looking forward to seeing it. Although of all the E-ticket rides to be under refurbish, I guess I'm the most ok with this one. I've had Disneyland annual passes multiple times, so will have to be content with just seeing that one. Although, having a wet ride down during some of the hottest months of the year is pretty annoying!

If Everest was closed though, then I would really be upset! I'm an engineer so read all the construction info on how they made it, and want to see it in person!

This would be HORRIBLE!!! Splash is my favorite ride in all of Disney. Right now we're scheduled to be there Nov.10-18

Those are our dates as well. I would hate to miss it, but I know there is never a "good" time for refurbs. At least we have a couple days window at the end were we should be able to ride it.

I'd like to see some example then. I don't recall any time where Disney has had major attractions in the same park down at the same time. My love for Disney does not have me making excuses I'm telling you what their thinking is because that's what their thinking is. Rides have to go down from time to time. No matter when it is it's going to be disappointing for people who have trips at that time. People just need to learn to deal with it or not go.

I think the point was you have two rides that are going down - one in warm weather, one in cold weather. Why not take the water ride out during cold weather and do the other ride in the warmer weather. We all understand you're saying another major ride is going down in 2018. Everyone is responding to you that whatever ride you're talking about should be taking down during the Sept/Oct period and do Splash in Jan/Feb.
I'm just here relaying the info I don't decide what is done I don't work for Disney.

Since we've been going there's been a major ride down on every trip. It's just the nature of the beast I suppose. They have to be refurbished. Test Track was down for two of our trips in a row at one point. Big Thunder as well. Splash is easily my favourite ride in the MK. I'll be able to ride it on our first MK day (our trip starts on the 26th) but it looks like we'll be out of luck for the rest of our trip.

I thought they tried to do major updates in the winter season? Why would they close it during the busy Halloween party s
I thought they tried to do major updates in the winter season? Why would they close it during the busy Halloween party season??

For several years we went during our winter (Feb) break. Each of those years it was closed for refurb. For the people who consistently go then, it be nice to get a chance to ride it. I think changing up refurb schedule is great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter