CONFIRMED: DCL no longer going to Matzatlan!!!

Mcky36

Mouseketeer
Well, at least confirmed the January and Feb sailings. I am on the 2/13 sailing and confirmed with the DCL rep today. There will be two stops in Cabo now! I wish they were adding another port of call :(

The itinerary has changed as follows:

Day 1- Sea Day
Day 2- Sea Day
Day 3- Cabo
Day 4- PV
Day 5- Sea
Day 6- Cabo
Day 7- Sea Day

The rep said the change was because of "the changing enviornment in Matzatlan." The decision was just made today. She didn't initially know about it, but then checked with a supervisor. A formal letter is going out to everyone who is booked as we speak.

Also, if you were wondering about the theme nights, they are as follows:

Formal- Day 3
Pirate- Day 4
Semi-Formal- Day 6

Hope this helps. Apparently they are still talking to vendors and do not have excursions set up just yet. It will be a few days before they have the information ready for booking.

Whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!! Cabo is my favorite MR port and I was upset that we would have a short day there! Now we have two days!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

Thanks for posting the info- time to research Cabo now for a second excursion...

I knew that Disney would NEVER place people in any danger or any semblance of danger. Their reputation is the cornerstone of their operation and if something happened on one of the excursions....it would be seriously damaged.
I really feel bad for the poor people of Mazatlan who were depending on this tourism for their income:sad2:

So this is a completely change itinerary. Are they going to shift the excursions then?

I know there are a lot of questions about the new itinerary. All the rep could say at this point is that they are talking to vendors in Cabo to set up additional excursions. They will update the information as soon as it is available.

Any excursions already booked for PV and the original date in Cabo will stay the same. Nothing has changed about those dates. The new Cabo date (day 3) replaces what was previously a Sea Day, and the date originally secheduled for Matzatlan (Day 5) is now a Sea Day.

I think I actually like this itinerary better, the more I think about it!

This is a most interesting move on Disney's part. I wonder what kinds of calls and questions they have been receiving.

Just thought I'd post again since I checked online....looks like this is taking place right away, the Jan. 30th sailing has two Cabo stops.

On the 17 April 10 day MR and just checked Disney Cruise website and it has not changed yet????:confused3

I don't think they have decided what to do yet about crusies after February. The rep today said this applies only to January and February cruises.....at least for now. They are probably taking a wait and see approach for the later ones.

So this is a completely change itinerary. Are they going to shift the excursions then?

My mistake; the only thing this does is shift day 3 from a sea day to a Cabo day and day 5 to a sea day. It is nice that it disperses the sea days but I do wish that they had added another port.

Just thought I'd post again since I checked online....looks like this is taking place right away, the Jan. 30th sailing has two Cabo stops.

How do you know that? Did you go in to make a new reservation because my booking doesn't yet reflect the 2 stops in Cabo.

sailing on the April 3, spring break cruise... hope they keep this itinerary :worship:

I don't think they have decided what to do yet about crusies after February. The rep today said this applies only to January and February cruises.....at least for now. They are probably taking a wait and see approach for the later ones.

So what makes Disney think that those of us cruising in March want to go to Mazatlan after they've deemed the Jan. and Feb. cruises too risky? I can't see the crime in Mazatlan changing much in that time period.

I called about my march 6th cruise and was told that they were pulling out of mazatlan for our cruise because of safety reasons so I know at least the first cruises in march will also have two stops in cabo

When I go to look at excursions the days in Cabo are listed as Day 5 and Day 6, Puerto Vallarta is still Day 4.

How do you know that? Did you go in to make a new reservation because my booking doesn't yet reflect the 2 stops in Cabo.

I logged into my reservation and the first page that comes up didn't reflect the change but when I tried to book an excursion Mazatlan wasn't a choice and the itinerar over to the right had the new schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter