Concourse Steakhouse Question

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
HI to all of the DIS Experts.
I was reading the Birnbaum Official Guide to WDW 2007 the other day and it no longer lists the Concourse Steakhouse as a place to eat in the Dining Section of the description of the Contemporary, nor is it in the dedicated Restaurant Chapter.
It also states that the Food and Fun Center is moving from the first floor to the fourth floor.
Does anyone have any insight into this? Is the Concourse Steakhouse closing?
This is a place I thought we would try on our October trip.
Thanks in Advance.

Hi,
I just made our ADRs for a trip in 4/07. Concourse Steakhouse is one of the restaurants where we made ressies. I've heard they're planning on moving it maybe it's still open now.

Food and Fun will move upstairs. A more upscale steakhouse will move downstairs. Not sure of the dates of this yet, hence the reason its probably not listed in the guides.

We couldn't find it in Birmbaums either but we made reservations and dined there on December 7th. It was not very good. Service was inconsistent. Appetizers and Dinner were brought out at the same time. My DH's order was wrong. He ordered steak but they brought out ribs, the server was not paying attention when she took his order. They left our dinner at the table and then brought him out a rare steak instead of the medium well he had ordered. The atmosphere was chaotic. Diner feel is the best way to describe it.
We would not be going back there again so a new steakhouse in a quieter atmosphere would get our vote.

Orlando Mike,
How will it be staged? Will the Food and Fun Center close first, then construct a new restaurant, or will the Concourse close first and then move the Arcade?
Thanks for your help

Not real sure, they have just begun construction on the north wing. It will probably be a mess though! They have to move the arcade and quick service upstairs, and remodle the downstairs. I would think this will take some time.

Thanks for your reply Orlando Mike.
Why are they doing this? I thought the Food and Fun Arcade on the first floor was a nice idea, and having a view our toward Bay Lake from the 4th floor was also nice.
I guess maybe I don't like change :rotfl:

It's all part of the new changes comming to the resort. The north wing is comming down to make room for a new tower of DVC rooms. The steakhouse will go downstairs where its quiet and away from the action, and more room. Food and Fun will go upstairs with Chef Mickeys so all of the kids/noise will be in one area.

several reasoning behind the change:

1. the north wing is being demolished and rebuilt into DVC tower. That's a 3 year project slated to start 2nd qtr 2007 (rumor as far as DVC goes - not rumor that it is being demolished and rebuilt)

2. between the north wing and the original tower, there will be a 4th floor walkway (again rumored but pretty certain)

3. the 4th floor will be designated the family floor, with chef mickey's expanding to where concourse is and the outer rim lounge gone. The arcade will move to where the Fantasia shop is now and the food court will be where outer rim is now.

4. The lobby level where the arcade and food court used to be will now be the "business" level with a lounge and upscale restaurant.

Because the monorail stops at the 4th floor, and the rumored walkway from the rumored DVC north wing tower, the 4th floor will get the bulk of traffic from families, tourists, etc, while the lobby level will be geared more towards the conventioneers and business people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter