Concierge Stays during Peak Times

nwdisgal

DIS Veteran
DH and I are planning to stay at the Poly over Labor Day weekend for our 17th wedding anniversary celebration. I've read the many positive posts about staying concierge. We are planning to be poolside resort bums for most of that weekend, so Concierge is a good plan for us.

Here's my dilemma. I recently read a review from a person who had stayed Concierge about a year to the day from the time we'll be there. That reviewer complained of large crowds, reduced service and amenities from what is normally offered at Concierge Level and people hording the food offerings. In all fairness, I realize that is one opinion, and may have very well been an isolated incident. That is why I am appealing to the masses in order to formulate an objective opinion.

What has your experience been staying Concierge Level during peak times? Do the resorts cutback on the usual services and amenities? Will I still feel pampered? I realize that people without manners (i.e those that hord food) can be present at any time, peak or otherwise.

I appreciate your feedback.

I was at poly concierge last labor day weekend!
we spent a lot of time at the resort. truth was, it was such a short trip, we didnt have time to notice or care if the staff was very accomodating, thinking back, well, they didnt leave an impression either way, so I'm thinking they werent al that wonderful. but we had a fantastic weekend there!

we then spent 8 nights at Poly concierge that november. that was a different story, as it was a long stay, and we had plenty of time to notice how rude and un-attentive the concierge staff was! theywere very unwilling to helpwith even simple PS arrangements. never knew our names, and didnt seem to care to. they never even looked up to say hello or give a smile when you wlked into the Hawaii longhouse! truthfully we felt pretty uncomfortable at poly concierge this past november.

but.... that said, for a short weekend, I think you will have a great time there, the concierge lounge is very convenient.

and the poly is a wonderful resort to just hang around and relax pool/beach side!

Laura :)

I have been in July and in January. The service seemed to be the same. I agree with PA that the staff is very un-attentive, but I have never found them to be rude. We make conversation with the ones who are more personable and don't deal with the ones who aren't. I really don't get what the deal is with some of them? I personally would think it would be a great job:cool:
To me the conceirge is a package and there is more to the package than those working at the desks!
I too have read stories, but I have never seen anything that would get to me. You have crowds for breakfast, but we always got a table.
I found the food offerings to be much less when we went in January.
We celebrated our anniversary there last year. I love the resort and now that we have done concierge that is the only way we will stay at the Polynesian:D

Princess Angel - I noticed you have some Yacht Club stays, too. I have been trying to decide between Poly and YC, and finally decided to do both. We'll do the Poly in August, and YC for our trip next spring. I am equally excited about both for different reasons, but I'm afraid I'll never get myself away from YC once I go, because of the Epcot location. Anyway, thanks for your feeback, and I agree that the Poly is a great place to hang out.

Mirlow - thanks for the update! I agree that maybe they need to rethink the customer service model, especially if they are at Concierge. BTW, I like your hula mouse sign-off.

hi nwdisgal!
glad to help!
you're doing the right thing staying at the Poly first! cause once you stay at the YC, you'll be hooked, it's true! LOL! if you're anything like me anyway. and yes the location of the YC is phenomenal, so convenient to all destinations!

wishing you magical wdw vacations!

Laura :) :D :) :D :) :D :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter