Concierge service

We had a ship mobile phone with a special line to our butler. Anything that we needed, any place on the ship, we could call and Das would arrive with our request. We tried not to abuse this awesome service, but with three kids we did utilize the service. We did use him to press our clothes. I do believe he sent it out, but it was ready in three hours.

Our butler delivered our hot breakfast every morning. He made use gourmet coffees and catered to the kids needs.

Ncl also opens the high end restaurant (Cagneys) for breakfast and lunch for suite guests only. So, if we did not eat in our suite, we ate there. Nothing like filet mignon and eggs with a bloody Mary.

Ncl has figured out the suite perks.... Disney take note.

i wish i could have taken my mom and sister on NCL!! it wasn't available for when, where and how long we were able to cruise!!

There is an issue between Shutters systems and DCL systems that was causing problems with concierge guests being able to view and order their photos from the concierge lounge. So, until that issue is fixed, concierge guests need to go to the regular Shutters areas to take care of their photos.

are you kidding me? that's one of their big selling points for conceirge!!! :eek:

JoiseyMom said:
No, the point of them is to call them before hand. They will make the bookings for you. That is their job. If you are in one of The Royals I am sure they can secure this for you so you don't have to get up at midnight. Don't wait...before you get to the window and they contact you, ask them. Good luck and enjoy!

Not true, we were told by shoreside due to the rush on cabanas that normally when they come in at 830 the cabanas are gone and to do it ourselves.

Bonniec said:
Hmm, thanks for the suggestion. I just assumed I wouldn't be speaking with them until right before the cruise. Thanks!

You should get a call and emails from shoreside right before your 120 day mark.

I was just reading about the $400 CD + printed pictures package at Shutters on another thread. Someone posted that "You need to keep up with this during the cruise to make sure you get all the pictures both in your folder and on the CD." Is this something that the concierge would help with on the classic ships? Thanks in advance!!

Our photos were in the lounge. They are in binders next to the concierge desk.
We also viewed our photos in the lounge.
There is an issue between Shutters systems and DCL systems that was causing problems with concierge guests being able to view and order their photos from the concierge lounge. So, until that issue is fixed, concierge guests need to go to the regular Shutters areas to take care of their photos.

So, this is a recent and current issue? Ugh! This feature was available last June.

TLSnell1981 said:
We also viewed our photos in the lounge.

So, this is a recent and current issue? Ugh! This feature was available last June.

We also ciewed photos in the lounge but its has been over a year. We still ended up having to go to shutters to view
The photos that did not match with faces. They took some fun photos of my little one asleep at dinner face down on the
Table. I just bought the photos while i was there. Having the photos in the lounge did not seem like it mattered one
Way or the other as far as concierge perks. But we knew not to show up at shutters the last evening of the cruise.

It is certainly not a "must." From your tag line, you have stayed at POR. Saying that concierge on the ship is a "Must" is like saying that the Grand Flo is the "only" place to stay at DW.

Yes, there are many nice services, but the cost may be 3-5 times the cost of some other cabins! OK, not fair to compare an inside to concierge--maybe.

Some of what you'll get--
You can book all reservations (spa, nursery, Palo, Remy, excursions) at 120 days, and you WILL get all that you want.
Shoreside concierge service to facilitate your wants and needs
Choice of dining rotation and time
Extra toiletries in cabin
More space
lithograph
first chance at a cabana
daily food gift on classic ship, concierge lounge and sundeck (with complimentary beverages) on new ships.
shutters photos delivered to your cabin to review
no need to ever go to Guest Services--just call concierge
priority tendering
ordering food from MDR delivered to your room (limited time and restaurant choices)
starter supply of beverages in fridge
reception with character(s)
there is more, but you get the picture.
We stayed in a Cat V on the Dream -- no lithograph...

We stayed in a Cat V on the Dream -- no lithograph...

Hmmm, we were in Cat V in Oct 2011 and got one. Perhaps they are scaling back? Mine is still in the folder and stuffed behind a chair in the dining room. Its big, too big for our suitcases, and was a total pain to get home.

The lithograph we got in 2011 was ruined on the trip home. It poured the day we left our cruise. The luggage must have gotten left out in the rain somewhere because when we got it back, the suitcase was soaked through. Was planning to bring a poster tube to put it in this time, but I won't bother if they're not giving them out anymore. Any other recent Dream concierge cruisers who could chime in as to whether or not they're still giving those?

scrapbookjulie said:
The lithograph we got in 2011 was ruined on the trip home. It poured the day we left our cruise. The luggage must have gotten left out in the rain somewhere because when we got it back, the suitcase was soaked through. Was planning to bring a poster tube to put it in this time, but I won't bother if they're not giving them out anymore. Any other recent Dream concierge cruisers who could chime in as to whether or not they're still giving those?

Ugh. I'd hate for that to happen. They should give them out in poster tubes. Are they always the same size? If so, what size tube should I bring?

It was large. I think 16x20? It came with a posterboard folder which kept it from getting bent, but that obviously didn't help the water damage! Still mad at whomever left our suitcase outside that day.

luv2sleep said:
Ugh. I'd hate for that to happen. They should give them out in poster tubes. Are they always the same size? If so, what size tube should I bring?

I brought a poster tube that I had received earlier in the year when I had ordered a periodic table poster. I made sure it fit in one of our suitcases, yen I used it for the lithograph and all of our shutters pics. It worked out great!

We were on the Dream B2B in Oct/Nov 2011 and again in March 2012, stayed in a V and received lithographs each time...we have 4 of the same now. We were in a V for our cruise Nov 2012 on the Fantasy and received one then too. Maybe perhaps on the Dream they were out at the time :confused3 The concierge hosts on our Fantasy cruise in November mentioned that, at that point, the Dream still had the same one as we had received each time. I will say when we sailed on the Magic we received a different one each cruise so they do change.

One tip for bringing the lithograph home, we always go to one of the gift shops on board and ask for at least 2 of the largest plastic bags they have. We then put one bag over each end of the cardboard sleeve/folder that the lithograph is in and tape the bags together in the middle. This fits in the zipper part of the top of our suitcase and has made it home in great shape each time.

We never take the lithographs home.

If you don't need the space, cabana or sense of extra pampering, then concierge is not a 'must'

The majority of the ships cabins are not concierge and everyone does indeed have a wonderful time.

It was large. I think 16x20? It came with a posterboard folder which kept it from getting bent, but that obviously didn't help the water damage! Still mad at whomever left our suitcase outside that day.

yes mine is 16" x 20" as well from the Dream.

Well I'll just have to email shoreside concierge to find out what happened to our lithograph! ;)
Anyhoo.... Working on our photo book for our Concierge in Dreamland cruise. Called to upgrade our next cruise to concierge. Still trying to justify the decision. The price difference amounted to $670 for another 4-night Dream cruise during Presidents weekend next year (had originally booked cat 7A). I highly value solitude and quiet (I run own business, and DH has chronic, progressive, debilitating illness, so I'm the caregiver/head of household). I actually NAPPED -- in the middle of the day -- and I did NOT have a major febrile illness -- in one of those wonderful circular loungers on the Concierge private deck. AND we rented a cabana -- and I took ANOTHER freakin' nap in the hammock! I have not experienced that level of peace and deep relaxation in YEARS! Just reminiscing about those experiences relaxes me, even now, as we are getting pummeled by Nemo the Blizzard (Superstorm Sandy wasn't enough I guess?) lol.
There is actual research that shows that money doesn't buy happiness - unless you spend it on vacation. I'm happy to add more data to support that finding!

Well I'll just have to email shoreside concierge to find out what happened to our lithograph! ;)
Anyhoo.... Working on our photo book for our Concierge in Dreamland cruise. Called to upgrade our next cruise to concierge. Still trying to justify the decision. The price difference amounted to $670 for another 4-night Dream cruise during Presidents weekend next year (had originally booked cat 7A). I highly value solitude and quiet (I run own business, and DH has chronic, progressive, debilitating illness, so I'm the caregiver/head of household). I actually NAPPED -- in the middle of the day -- and I did NOT have a major febrile illness -- in one of those wonderful circular loungers on the Concierge private deck. AND we rented a cabana -- and I took ANOTHER freakin' nap in the hammock! I have not experienced that level of peace and deep relaxation in YEARS! Just reminiscing about those experiences relaxes me, even now, as we are getting pummeled by Nemo the Blizzard (Superstorm Sandy wasn't enough I guess?) lol.
There is actual research that shows that money doesn't buy happiness - unless you spend it on vacation. I'm happy to add more data to support that finding!

I think I've met my twin, lol! This is ME on a Disney cruise. Someone asked me the other day how I could sit on my verandah every day ALONE. Um, relaxing! I don't want to be out and about doing everything on the ship. Most people don't get that. Sure, I do a thing or two a day but otherwise I spend time with my son and relax. I have a stressful job and a stressful life as a solo parent. I am not a 'hardly in my room person'. I cherish taking time to myself to just de-stress and regroup because I pretty much never get to do that at home. I haven't done concierge yet but from what you say I think I'm going to LOVE it even more! :cloud9:

I have never cruised but was told this was a must... To be on that level? Is it really worth the cost? What am I getting?
Not a must- but we found it very much worth the $$. I would advise traveling regular - get the hughest category verandas room. Experience the elegance of the disney cruise - THEN- on your next , spring for concierge .
Always remember to find the funnel puddle on the dream ! It's a nice family getaway when the main pools are chaos

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter