Concierge level at the Beach Club??

ZIPBAGS

DIS Veteran
For the past few years we have stayed at the Poly (non-conceirge). But, we wanted to try something new and we are staying at the Beach Club for 7 nights at the end of August. I can upgrade to the conceirge level for about $85 more per night. While its not cheap. I just want people's opinions about the conceirge level at the Beach Club. Is it worth it? How is it for breakfast? We are not on the meal plan and usually don't eat big breakfast's. Are the rooms closer to the pool, lobby,etc? We are in the garden view room.

Any advice and comments are greatly appreciated!!!

We've stayed at BC CL twice and YC CL once. We are booked BC CL again this summer! Can you tell we love it?

The lounge was just recently redone and enlarged. We haven't been in it yet but the pictures look fabulous.

We used CL a lot for breakfast. They had bagels, croissants, muffins, fruit, (now they have hard boiled eggs), juice, coffee and cereal. In the afternoons they had 3 kinds of cookies, gummy worms, yogurt covered pretzels and delicious home made chips and dip. Of course they had soda, lemonade etc. In the evening they had cheese and crackers, veg and dip, pita bread and hummus, ants on a log, and two hot appetizers. Some of the appetizers we had were mini egg rolls, crab ragoon, bacon wrapped scallops, chicken on a stick, duck quesedillas and potstickers. They also had wine and beer along with the soft drinks. Later in the evening they had cordials and lots of mini desserts.

The CMs at BC and YC CL are top notch - very friendly and very helpful.

The IPO office is wonderful and will make all your ADRs - specialty cruises, spa appointments etc.

I think you will love BC CL!

I've stayed Club Level at most of the WDW resorts and at many other resorts in other locations. WDW's club levels are pretty lacking if you are used to staying at other locations on a club level.

The club level rooms are on a certain floor, not necessarily a better location. Except for RPC at GF, the room locations we have had at the other resorts were nothing spectacular. Our BC Club level room on our last stay had a lovely view of roof and parking lot.

We do not like to eat breakfast out so we like having the ability to get a cup of tea and a pastry in the morning. For $85 a night, it's worth the convenience for that.

We've stayed at BC, but have not stayed in CL yet. I was seriously considering it for our upcoming trip, but decided against it. We are still thinking about it for next year.

So, OP, I'm not sure I'll be very helpful, but here's our analysis for this year: We don't eat much breakfast at all, and we are up and out of the room early. The CL breakfast items would be perfect for our family of 5, and it would be so convenient to have everything right there. But right now, our youngest is very active and ready to go at 6am, so my husband takes him to pick up some breakfast items, get refillable mug coffee, etc. So my husband would be out and about with our youngest whether we were CL or not. And he would going right by the BC Marketplace anyway, where we only spend $15 at the most.

We're never around the resort in the afternoon/early evening (our boys swim at night after the parks), so we would not take advantage of the benefits during that time of day.

But all that might change next year, so I'll be interested to hear the responses!!

We are booked at BC Waterview CL for the first time in May. I can't wait to try it. We've stayed CL at GF, Poly, BWI and AKL and they have all been great. I like that the BC's standard club level rooms are all on the same floor as the lounge. Not true at Poly, GF or AKL.

We almost always take advantage of the continental breakfast (my DD loves the pastries and I love the coffee!), snacks in the afternoon and, oftentimes, a glass of wine and appetizers in the evenings. When the timing works, DD loves the desserts in the lounge (approx. 8-10pm)

I'm looking forward to trying it at BC, especially since the lounge has been renovated. Looks great and I enjoy staying club level at WDW :wizard:

Good luck!

We stayed at BWI CL last June and all agreed with the heat of Florida, CL was more than worth it. Just constant drinks on hand - can use their water to fill your water bottles up (it is the good bottled kind but in glass instead of plastic). We aren't big breakfast eaters and last year were on the dP as well. This proved WAY too much food for us. This year we opted for YC CL, will do breakfasts there, water, soft drinks and snacks to pack for the park. I do plan to utilize their appetizer hour as well. I felt it was very much worth it when you are dripping sweat and just want a cold place to sit down that is not your bed! Just ended up being a living room for us! We loved it. I found it invaluable in June!I bet you do too inAugust.

I stayed at CL for the first time last Christmas and loved it. Honestly, it depends on how much time you think you'll spend at the resort. If you are the type of person to be at the parks for rope drop and then stay until the fireworks at the end of the day - then no.

However, during our trip we slept in, got a good breakfast before leaving, and often came back different times throughout the day. This allowed us to sample all the snacks and food they had available, have a glass of wine if we wanted, and access to bottled water. Since my DH was also not feeling well, it gave him unlimited access to tea and things to make him feel better.

However, on a prior trip we we went during the food and wine festival. Since we knew we'd be over tasting and eating at Epcot, we decided it wouldn't be worth the extra cost so we just stayed in a normal room for that trip.

Our boys loved the Krispy Kreme donuts at BC CL. I heard on these boards they no longer serve those. Anyone know?

If BC CL has resorted to the cheap and tasteless pastries served at BWI Innkeeper's Club, that would pretty much decide it for me right there.

BWI pastries looked good, I never had them. But may I add when I am staying YC CL this summer and if they try to give me a KRISPY KREME I would have to look at them as if they were nuts. Not what I call a club level treat!

They discontinued the Krispy Kreme donuts over a year ago.

Thank goodness! I think that is a tacky thing to offer at a Club Level lounge...

They discontinued the Krispy Kreme donuts over a year ago.

Thank goodness! I think that is a tacky thing to offer at a Club Level lounge...

:rotfl:

At least with "pastries" you can pretend that they're suitable breakfast fare ;)

:rotfl:

At least with "pastries" you can pretend that they're suitable breakfast fare ;)

I'm not big on pastries either. I'm happy to enjoy the fresh fruit, cereal, and maybe a muffin for breakfast. However, having a "name brand" donut sort of screams "contract obligation" and seems like such an excessive marketing gimmick. Those types of things belong in a Holiday Inn Express continental breakfast...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter