Concierge/Club Level Information (Sept 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I had spoken with IPO about doing something and they gave my # to one of the chef's at Spoodles. he called me and we arranged everything through him.

The offerings haven't changed at the POLY lounge. We took advantage of the continental style breakfast every morning. It consisted of bagels, cream cheese, with a toaster if needed, croissants (wonderful), cubed fresh fruit, bananas, apples, 4 kinds of cereal ( raisin bran, frosted flakes, fruit loops,cheerios) whole milk, skim milk, orange juice. Condiments included such as jelly.

We were only there once for the midday snacks, and it consisted of cubed cheese and crackers, gummy snacks, goldfish,etc.

We only took advantage of the evening offerings once as well because we had ADR's every night but one. We made a meal of it. It was bbq wings and rice basically. (I remember the restaurants more:thumbsup2).

They offered cocktails between 5pm and 10pm, which we regularly took advantage of :rolleyes: You can ask for beer and receive a couple at a time, bottles. My husband had Bud Light. I enjoyed the guava juice punch, and I would love to have the recipe if anyone out there has it!

Oh yeah, the desserts were wonderful,,,little tarts, the first night seemed to be the best.

When we checked in, they couldn't give us a menu of the lounge offering due to a new chef that was "changing things up a bit".

I can't wait to be back there too! We were there in October 2005 also! I wonder if we were there the same days? Both my sister and I were newly pregnant on that trip and so we are excited about being able to try out the new (at least to us!) water slide. Last trip we stayed at the GF sugar loaf and I definitely prefer the poly CL over GF.

I can't wait!!!
I just looked at my "schedule" (a coworker friend calls it my "color coded matrix of fun") for Oct 2005. We were there 10/14 to 10/23-just days after they reopened the Hawaii building after the rehab.

How exciting for you to be going back with your 2 girls! Will your entire clan of 19 be at Poly CL?

When we checked in, they couldn't give us a menu of the lounge offering due to a new chef that was "changing things up a bit".
Thanks for your review but I've got to say that scares me.:scared1: Change at Disney isn't always good.

Just book WL CL as a surprise for DH! Now I need to know... can he grab a beer at the Old Faithful Club on the way to the pool? Or, are only non-alcoholic drinks available?

Just book WL CL as a surprise for DH! Now I need to know... can he grab a beer at the Old Faithful Club on the way to the pool? Or, are only non-alcoholic drinks available?

It's been my experience that beer is available upon request if it is not being served. You will need a plastic cup to take the beer to the pool.

On a number of pages back, JayCNS mentioned a different code than the free dining and saving money by switching - well, I called yesterday morning and asked about it - and changed my Sept Poly CL ressie from FD to the other code and saved $300 for 3 nights!!!! Wow, thank you so much!!!!

Dumb question but how much does it cost to upgrade to CL on arrival.

Not a dumb question at all! Most often it's been the difference between what you paid and what the CL rate is. :eek:

But in this economy, and with all the deals Disney has been offering, I guess there's always a chance you could get it for a small charge. :confused3 (and there's always the chance for a magical upgrade, but those tend to happen when one least expects it!)

Maybe someone who has had that experience lately will post. :flower3:

On a number of pages back, JayCNS mentioned a different code than the free dining and saving money by switching - well, I called yesterday morning and asked about it - and changed my Sept Poly CL ressie from FD to the other code and saved $300 for 3 nights!!!! Wow, thank you so much!!!!

I wish we could use the code. I have tried 2 times, once with the code on mousesavers: GBN, and once with another code EQX. I used these codes because we have the basic dining package. We are currently booked with the Free Dining Code for Sept. 1-12 at AKL Club Level. When I tried to book EQX the other night, they said it was just another free dining code. I don't know, I must be doing something wrong. My current deal is 5,709.00 for the 11 nights at AKL CL.

Am I using the right code? I am really stumped as to why I can't apply this discount to my existing club level reservation. Any ideas about what the problem might be?

Thanks!

Marie

You are very welcome! I was hoping that someone elsewould be able to benefit too! Enjoy your trip!

I wish we could use the code. I have tried 2 times, once with the code on mousesavers: GBN, and once with another code EQX. I used these codes because we have the basic dining package. We are currently booked with the Free Dining Code for Sept. 1-12 at AKL Club Level. When I tried to book EQX the other night, they said it was just another free dining code. I don't know, I must be doing something wrong. My current deal is 5,709.00 for the 11 nights at AKL CL.

Am I using the right code? I am really stumped as to why I can't apply this discount to my existing club level reservation. Any ideas about what the problem might be?

Thanks!

Marie
It's definatly not free dining. It's the fall Magic Your Way package. Ask them to run it for you and see what the price difference is. It may not be available at AKL for those dates. The available rooms at each resort each night that can use the code are limited. I was lucky and able to apply it to both weeks of our fall trip. A good friend was unable to use it at all because she will be staying at the Contemporary and the dates she had booked were not coming up with any availibility...

Long answer short, they are wrong, they are two different offers, although you may not be able to use the code if there are not any open rooms available with that code at AKL. I had no problem calling in and using it. You might try pricing it out on Disney's website and matching your room catagory, tickets, dining exactly and trying to use the code. If it doesn't show anything available, you can always try again later. If it does 'go through' for you, print out the quote and call in and ask them to change it. Unless you are within the penalty period, you can get a refund for the difference in packages. Who knows, maybe free dining is a better deal for your travel party (depending on the number of people/park ticket options/days etc it just might be).

Good luck and no matter what, you will be at AKL club level...I truly adore the lounge, the CMs, the resort...EVERYTHING there! It's my very favorite place to stay (WDW or not). ENJOY! :)

Thanks!

Marie

I am staying AKL CL for part of your dates and I also tried to use the code...The way I understand it is that they only release a certain amount of rooms that can be used for each discount. Since CL is already sold out before this promotion even began, I dont think there were any rooms to release this discount for.

Just wanted to say that we just got back today from BWI Deluxe Club Level if anyone has any questions :thumbsup2

I am taking my DW to WDW and we will be staying at the Poly fir the first time. We have stayed concierge at the Boardwalk but since it was during our Wedding week we did not really get to enjoy all of the fabulous amenities. Since it is her B-Day trip I wanted to surprise her with something nice. Does anyone have any suggestions or past surprises they may have done for a B-Day celebration staying in concierge? Will concierge help you set something up?

SRUgirl - welcome back! Fill me in! Was it as good as Clare and I painted it for you? Did you by chance visit the lobby of YC? Would you stay back at BWI or want elsewhere? I have never stayed BC or YC and for our Dec. trip I booked YC but still missing the BWI a bit! I might be changing back there afterall! LMK About your room and what you thought! Melissa

Just wanted to say that we just got back today from BWI Deluxe Club Level if anyone has any questions :thumbsup2

I would love to hear anything you would be willing to share. ;) General impressions. Food choices in the lounge. Favorite things about the resort. Club lounge staff friendliness. PICTURES! ;) Thanks in advance!:thumbsup2

Welcome back! I would love to hear what the lounge offerings were during your stay, when you thought of the BWI CL, etc. :)

When ordering from Disney florist for a floral arrangement in the room when you check in , do you think it is best to call the florist directly and give them the ressie # and then send IPO an email or is it easiest to just have IPO put in the order?
TIA

Would LOVE to hear any and all impressions from your stay. I'm considering BWI CL Deluxe for our next trip (hoping for next month!) and haven't stayed at BWI since 2004... Photos would be great!
Did you make any room requests and if so, were they honored? Thanks!

I just got off the phone with the IPO and may I say they are the GREATEST!!!! They got all my ressies and I hardly had to lift a finger :cool1::cool1: This has been the easiest "ADR making session" that I have ever had! (I must have deleted the email that they sent me the first time with all the ressies confirmed on it, but they were :goodvibes to tell me them over the phone then offered to email them to me)! I :lovestruc them! But, I have to admit that this level of service may become addicting.... I have to be careful! (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter