Concert manners question...

elgerber

DIS Veteran
Good morning everyone. I have an opinion question for you this morning. What is your opinion on standing up at a concert? I don't necessarily mean through the entire thing, but during the upbeat songs, to stand up and dance or clap along?? Do you think it's OK to do so?

Thank you.

Erika

I think it is okay IF the people in front of you are standing and that is the only way that you can see. Then it is the fault of the FIRST people who stand up.
If the people behind you then complain, point at the people in front of you and tell them to complain to THEM.

I think it depends on the kind of concert you're going to and the venue in which it's held.

I've seen Dave Matthews Band countless times and I can tell you, if you don't stand up, you aren't going to see anything. People at his concerts love to dance and "groove". It's really a lot of fun.

I've also been to other concerts where people were sitting, but they could have been dancing if they want.

Hey, I figure, if I want to dance, I'm sure there are other people out there who want to dance, too.

I agree with the previous posts. If the people in front of you are standing, you really have no choice.

Thankfully, the last few concerts I have been to have been Springsteen shows and we are all getting too old to stand up through an entire one of his shows!

:teeth:

It seems like every concert I've been to in the past few years, I've had to stand through most of it because it was the only way to see anything. IMHO, I think it's rude. I didn't pay a large amount of money to come and stand. I'm not as young as many in the audience. It is hard for me to do so. Why can't you enjoy the music sitting? If you want to dance, go to a dance club. I'm to the point that I won't even buy concert tickets because I know what will happen. Sorry, just my opinion.

I agree with the above poster. I do not like to stand during a performance. I wish people would not do it.

I agree that it depends on the concert. There are some shows where you expect to be up and singing and acting crazy the whole time. Then there are others where you want to just sit, relax and listen to the music. We go to both types of shows several times a year.

But it never fails, we ALWAYS get behind the only row of people that decide to stand up at the "sit-down" concerts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter