COMPLETED - We're Visiting Our Laughing Place - Trip Report

Well done for lasting all day :thumbsup2
Certainly a lot covered in one go.
We had the same problem in Peco Bills, so now tend to go to Columbia HH.
Tony's was a one off for us, I agree it is nothing special, but it is now on your 'done' list :good vibes
P.S. I like the photo pass border on the Haunted Mansion pic!

Goodness Me - I am really bad at updating this, I keep forgetting!! Every time I come online I keep looking at wedding related ideas and I haven't even posted the engagement day on my trip report - I know how shocking, right!!?!

To make up for this - here are the next two days of our trip!

Day 3 - Monday 26th September 2011 - Pool and Hollywood Studios

Today, we let ourselves sleep in for a bit and woke up at about 9.30am. We sat on our balcony looking over Downtown Disney and enjoyed our pastries from main street bakery that we had picked up the night before. Scott picked up a pain au chocolat and I had a Cherry Danish - they kept really well over night and were very tasty.

IMGP1151.jpg

IMGP1152.jpg

The bakery is really accomodating for taking pastries away with you and had take-away boxes so that the treats don't get squished.

So we finished them up and decided to go down by the pool for an hour. We were in the Congress Park area of Downtown Disney and they have a 'quiet pool' there with a hot tub. The pool really was quiet it was just us and about 3 or 4 other groups - mostly couples or with older teen kids so it was very quiet and elaxing just to sunbathe. It was really quite awesome being able to swim and see the top of things like Disney Quest / Characters of Flight balloon at the same time :)

IMGP1157.jpg

IMGP1159.jpg

IMGP1158.jpg

We then went back to the room and showered to go to Disneys Hollywood Studios. It was another EMH day - so the Studios were open til 1.00am - so we didn't mind not getting there til a bit later.

Photo0042FourBySix.jpg

Photo0045FourBySix.jpg

We probably got to the Studios at about 12.30pm. We checked to see if there were any fast passes left for toy story mania - and we were lucky enough to get a pair for later in the evening.

We went to get some lunch at Starring Rolls - I had to have one of their famous cupcakes!!

The first thing to mention about here is just how much food you for one counter service credit! We had what I think is the biggest Turkey and Mozzarella sandwich I have seen in my life, a bag of crisps, juice and a "too-good-for-actual-words" cupcake!

IMGP1168.jpg

The sandwich was really good though - it's easier to eat than it looks as well! We kept the crisps in our bag - so it was good to know we had a snack for in the room or when we were watching a show or something.

The cupcake though - seriously the best! I had the peanut butter cupcake - it was easily the nicest dessert I had in the whole of Disney - even in comparison to the signature restaurants (I know, crazy!) - you need this cupcake in your life (if you appreciate chocolate and peanut butter I suppose - keeping it in perspective!)

IMGP1169-1.jpg

We then went to share a nummy Frozen Margarita - clearly I got drunk just smelling it!

IMGP1176.jpg

After we ate we wondered around, looked in some shops and rode some rides - Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror (these rides never get old! I love both of them and me and Scott must have had about 10 conversations trying to pick a favourite!).

We did the updated Star Tours as well - which was really good actually! I enjoy this ride much more with the changes and as it has new parts so that every ride has differences we rode this a few times throughout the trip.

I think by this point it was starting to rain a little bit, then slightly more - so we went to draw in the Animation Building, we drew Jiminy Cricket. I really enjoy the drawing here too - I could probably spend the whole day drawing different characters :)

We then went to meet Sorcerer Mickey before going to see the Stunt Show.

Photo0056FourBySix.jpg

Unfortunately, even though the the rain had eased off by this point - the sky was still looking quite dangerous and 5 minutes before start time, with so so many people sitting in the stands, they had to cancel the show. I felt bad as I know this is something Scott really enjoys, as his big hobby is cars and he has started drifting recently so he would have loved to see it again - and the show was under construction for the rest of our trip. I personally wasn't too bothered though!

Since we were at that side of the park - we went to meet Lightning McQueen and Mater, surprisingly there wasn't much of a wait considering everyone coming out of the show.

We then went to watch the Muppets - as the rain started again about this time too so it was nice to be guaranteed inside!

After this our dinner reservations at 50s Prime Time were coming up - so we headed in that direction, with a quick 3D trip to Endor on the way.

We were still a little early so we sat at the bar in Tune-In Lounge - seriously wish I knew about this little bar on our previous trip - it's fantastic and such a retreat from the park! We ordered two (tasty and light up) cocktails - Grandmas Picnic Punch for me and a Dads Electric Lemonade for Scott - and sat at the bar waiting to be called.

IMGP1187.jpg

We were about half way through our drinks and were called for dinner. I wasn't quite sure what I would make of the joking around and things I'd read about 50s Prime Time but I need not have worried as it was such a good experience. It was the right amount of banter without being obtrusive. Our 'uncle' made a big fuss over our glowing drinks, and pointed us in the direction of the PB&J milkshake for later on.

We ordered a sampler plate each for our main, as we wanted to try a bit of everything - it was nice for what it was - and I would definately have the sampler again.

IMGP1194.jpg

Dessert we split the smores and the brownie sundae - the brownie sundae is MASSIVE! haaha but its really just a mis-mash of brownie / cream etc and the smores were good - mostly because it's something a bit different and I'd never had them but they were nice :) The PB&J Shake really is worth writing home about though - very sweet, but thats not a problem for me - NUM!

IMGP1195.jpg

Overall, 50s Prime Time Diner - best for the Tune-In Lounge, Service and Banter and PB&J Shake. The food is not bad in any way whatsoever but you wouldn't go there for a 'nice' meal? But it's a good-unique meal that fits in perfectly with the whole theme - I'd definately go back.

After our meal - the rain was still going and we were worried it might cancel Fantasmic!

We had our FPs for Toy Story Mania to use - so we went and rode that. Love that ride so much - sooo much fun!

IMGP1204.jpg

Then we headed across to Fanstasmic theatre, and by the time we sat down, the rain had completely stopped - yey!

We watched Fanstamic - agan like Toy Story I won't go on about how amazingly awesome it is because I'm sure you've heard it all before and know about it!

After Fanstamic - it was EMH in the park. So we rode Tower of Terror and Rock N Roller Coaster 2 - 3 teams each - yey! Again, can't get bored/tired of these rides and always notice something new!

We then went to ride Toy Story Mania - even thought it was EMH there was still about a 30 minute wait, but it was showing as a 50 minute wait.

We were pretty tired by this point (I' don't think I realised until writing this down that it was actually a really busy day!!) and headed back to the hotel as we had an early start the next day going to Universal...

Photo0065FourBySix.jpg

IMGP1212.jpg

Day 4 - Tuesday 27th September 2011 - Universal Day

Thankfully, we were not too tired getting up this morning since we had a busy / late night the night before.

We had booked the Mears Shuttle Bus the day before to pick us up - and they were at the main Carriage House at SSR right on time. We had a couple of stops and got to Universal in plenty of time before it opened. If you don't have a car hire and wondering how to get from Disney to Universal - 100% recommend a Mears Shuttle. Unless there are enough of you to fill a taxi - then to be honest the price is so comparable that I would get a taxi.

We went to Starbucks in City Walk first - I had a latte and a Cheese Danish - both were nice / Starbucks! It's nice getting home comforts sometimes - by the way talking of Starbucks - who else is addicted to Gingerbread Lattes right now - oh num!!!

IMGP1217.jpg

Haha moving on!!! We headed to Islands of Adventure first - obviously heading straight to Harry Potter as we had never been!! We got there and wow - the themeing of Hogsmeade is definately amazing. We went straight to Hogwarts and rode the main Harry Potter ride twice - complete walk on! Score!

I have nothing to compare what the ride is like as it's totally new and innovative! It's got the right level of scariness and it just totally immersers you in the world of Harry Potter!

We then looked around some shops / went on Flight of the Hippogriff (lol) and Dragons Challenge - slightly disapointed when we realised they don't start both coasters at the same time anymore.

We didn't have any Butterbeer or visit Ollivanders as we said that we would leave some of the 'new experiences' until our second visit the following week.

We left Hogsmeade - taking a picture with Hogwarts Express and Train Man.

IMGP1225.jpg

We then decided to head to Universal Studios and would come back to Islands of Adventure later on in the day to do Hulk / Spiderman/Wet Rides.

So we went through Seuss Landings and went on the High in the Sky Train and Cat in the Hat. We also met Cat in the Hat and the Grinch.

Heading through to Universal - we went in and there were characters everywhere! So we went and met Scooby Doo! and a couple of others.

IMGP1247.jpg

We then spent the day going on all the rides - Hollywood Rip Ride Rock It, The Mummy, The Simpsons, ET and watched the Horror Make Up Show and the Animals in Action Show (both shows are worth watching). We stopped for Lunch at the Italian Place next to The Mummy Ride for a slice of pizza and a glass of white wine / beer.

IMGP1238.jpg

IMGP1244.jpg

We then went back to Islands of Adventure, going on the Hulk, Spiderman, Jurassic Park and then Dudley Doo Rights Ripsaw Falls. Oh jeeeez - you really do get soaked on this ride. To be honest, afterwards I felt a bit like a drowned rat and just wanted to go back to the hotel and freshen up!

So we had called the shuttle place to pick us up and got back to the hotel about 8pm. We were both completely beat and tired but hadn't had any dinner. We debated on whether we should go get something or not for so long and we just gave oruselves a shake and went to Wolfgang Puck and got a take-out. I had the chicken alfredo and cheesecake and scott had the pizza. unfortunately we had to wait over 30 minutes for our food to take out - as we were really tired we were a bit cranky as it seemed a bit excessive to wait that long.

We finally got our food, took it back to the room - luckily it was worth the wait and was really tasty.

IMGP1260.jpg

IMGP1262.jpg

IMGP1261.jpg

We then were asleep by about 10.00pm that night!

Coming Up - Wednesday 28th September - a VERY special and Engageing day :cloud9: :love:

These updates are like London buses - you wait AGES and then 2 come along at once! :laughing: :hug:

Great sandwich at DHS - do you think they could get any more filling in there? ;) I need to get me one of those peanut butter cupcakes next time we are there as well. :thumbsup2

Really looking forward to the next (and most important) update. :goodvibes

Really enjoying your trip report!
We're considering booking the mears shuttle for when we got to Universal a couple times, do you just ring the day before to book it? I looked on their website, but I think I wasn't looking properly as I couldn't find anything!

Looking forward to your next update.:goodvibes

Really enjoying your trip report!
We're considering booking the mears shuttle for when we got to Universal a couple times, do you just ring the day before to book it? I looked on their website, but I think I wasn't looking properly as I couldn't find anything!

Looking forward to your next update.:goodvibes

There really isn't much information online at all isn't it - unless it's airport transfers anyway!!

We just phoned the day before, and it was a really helpful person I got and I just asked to book a shuttle from Saratoga Springs to Universal tomorrow morning - they offered times and I booked on - they give you a booking code at this time.

You pay on the shuttle.

They also give you a number to call to book your trip home - which you just call at least 2 hours before you want picked up.

Hope that helps - I was freaking out not knowing what to expect and probably over-complicating things - but it's actually really very straight forward :goodvibes

These updates are like London buses - you wait AGES and then 2 come along at once! :laughing: :hug:

Great sandwich at DHS - do you think they could get any more filling in there? ;) I need to get me one of those peanut butter cupcakes next time we are there as well. :thumbsup2

Really looking forward to the next (and most important) update. :goodvibes

Hehe I know right?! I'm even hoping to get the next day posted by the end of this weekend!!

You have to have one of the cupcakes - to be honest they are all really good from Starring Rolls - but that is the best one!

There really isn't much information online at all isn't it - unless it's airport transfers anyway!!

We just phoned the day before, and it was a really helpful person I got and I just asked to book a shuttle from Saratoga Springs to Universal tomorrow morning - they offered times and I booked on - they give you a booking code at this time.

You pay on the shuttle.

They also give you a number to call to book your trip home - which you just call at least 2 hours before you want picked up.

Hope that helps - I was freaking out not knowing what to expect and probably over-complicating things - but it's actually really very straight forward :goodvibes

That's fab, thank you! :goodvibes
I don't go for over 7 months but was already getting in a tizz about it!

Hi Izzie!

I started reading your PTR ages ago, and 'lost it' for some reason! So glad I found it! Congratulations on your engagement, can't wait to read all about it! You've squeezed a lot into your first few days!

Steffi xx

I am loving this TR :thumbsup2

What did you think of SSR by the way?

We are staying there in May

Hi Izzie, just caught up on your TR, and like Steffi, I remember reading your PTR but only just came across this again now :thumbsup2

Congratulations on your engagement! :lovestruc I can share your excitement as we too got engaged at WDW just this past October (in the Haunted Mansion!!) and I too have a beautiful Tiffany ring :yay:

I can't wait to read your post on it, please write again soon! :goodvibes

Again - sorry this is taking so long to post! I keep getting distracted!!

Day 5 - Wednesday 28th September 2011 - Discovery Cove and California Grill

Anyway - please let me tell you about the best day I have ever had...

I'd left off in my trip report where me and Scott had a sleepy night in eating a Wolfgang Puck take-out and watching some random American tv in bed. Not the worst way to spend a sleepy evening!

So we woke up early (about 8.00am) but having had an early night we were feeling very awake. Its always a bonus when you don't wake up tired when in Florida!!

We were spending today in Discovery Cove - this was a very last minute booking that I made on a whim. Somebody I know through work was talking really highly of it and convinced me to give it a try - I managed to keep it a secret from Scott until we were on the plane and he was looking forward to it too :)

Unfortunately, we had a bit of a struggle getting there - we decided to get the bus there but unfortunately we were waiting at the wrong stop in Downtown Disney for ages - so we ended up just getting a taxi - even though it wasn't too expensive if I were to recommend how to get there I would say get the Mears Shuttle - thats what I would do in future.

So we arrived and you drive through lovely trees and all of a sudden feel a million miles away from the highway. We joined a 5-10 minute queue to register when we were inside and also got a lanyard with a pass - this pass had a picture of you that they take, had some information where to meet for our dolphin swim and also had a mark that we were over 21 (so entitled to the alcohol - woop!!).

The first thing that really hit me as we walked in was how quiet the place was. Very peaceful :)

We decided to have breakfast first - I suppose I should mention for those that don't know all food and drink is included. so you don't need to carry around money or anything which is very handy.

I had some orange juice, and some hot breakfast items - i think there was scrambled eggs / bacon / perhaps a biscuit? There was a decent selection of breakfast food to start off the day anyway.

We then went to pick up our vests and put everything in our locker - then got two sun-loungers over by the lazy river.

We relaxed for a bit there then swam around the lazy river - the lazy river is a warm very gentle current around that you swim around. You can get off half way through to visit an aviary. We didn't go all the way around this as we didn't realise there was anymore than what we saw!! But we got to feed some birds in here which was pretty awesome.

IMGP1263.jpg

IMGP1266.jpg

After about an hour and a half of more lazy swimming and sunbathing it was time to get ready for the dolphin swim. We met at a cabana and filled in a form before being split in to groups of between 6 and 8.

The dolphin swim was amazing - the water is cold but because there is a big group you don't really have time to be a baby about it and you just walk right in. The whole experience lasted much, much longer than my initial expectation too - it didn't feel rushed to get another group in and although you are part of a group everybody gets a lot of interaction with the dolphin. You get to touch, kiss, fin-swim and do some tricks with the dolphins. They all then do some flips in the deeper part of the pool while you are all still in the water.

We bought the picture / video package as there is somebody taking video and pictures throughout the experience. It was very expensive but I'm glad we bought this.

We then decided to get lunch - there was so, so much choice for lunch. I think Scott had chicken tenders, a burger and fries. I can't remember what I had - there were salad options as well. There desserts were the usual carrot cake / chocolate cake options but were tasty.

After lunch, we went over by the other part of the park - which is the snorkelling lagoon. Again, we sunbathed for a while to let our meal go down - at this point I realised that there were frozen margaritas on offer at this side of the park - I had a few of these throughout the afternoon - nothing quite beats sunbathing in the Florida sunshine sipping a Margarita does it?

Anyway - we decided to go and check out the snorkelling pool. We went in to a little deeper than knee depth and must of spent a good 5 minutes getting the snorkel mask fixed up / tight enough / loosened - etc etc!! When we finally got ready we were like "I wonder how far in you have to swim til you get to where the fish are?"

Anybody who has been to Discovery Cove will know that the fish are literally already there!! I swear we both put our heads in the water at the same time and pretty much choked and came straight back out. You put your head in and literrally hundreds of fish were already at our feet and we had no idea - it was so funny!!

We composed ourselves and then went for a swim - this is amazing. If you are quite impressed by the swim in Typhoon Lagoon this will blow your mind - it was so amazing. We swam around and there were heaps of different types of fish and rays below and come so so close to you

Anyway after a couple of hours between snorkelling and sunbathing with frozen margaritas we decided to get organised to head back to the hotel to get ready for tonight (eep!)

There were taxis outside Discovery Cove so we got back to the hotel within 10 minutes. Had a shower and got all dressed up nice. We were going to California Grill in the Contemporary Hotel for a nice dinner and some cocktails.

We arrived at the check-in desk at California Grill and got to go in the elevator upstairs. The views from the restaurant really hit you when you first walk in - it's amazing! It was just starting to get dark when we arrived so we went to the balcony to see Magic Kingdom before it got dark. We were only out there a few minutes when our table was called.

IMGP1270.jpg

We didn't get a table right beside a window, but it was almost in the corner of the restaurant (when you turn left as you go in) and in the middle. The way I was sitting though, I could still see the castle so I was very excited by this none-the-less!!

Especially as our table was covered with Mickey Sprinkles - this was quite cute - there was a table next to us whose kids were intrigued by the sprinkles so we scooped some up to put on there table too - shared some Disney magic :)

We ordered a couple of cocktails first - I opted for a French Martini (Skyy Vodka, Chambord, and Pineapple Juice with a splash of Roederer Sparkling Wine) and Scott went for a Ray-Ray (Mt Gay Rum, Licor 43, and Pineapple Juice with a splash Sweet-and-Sour) - both were really good but the French Martini was lovely - I drank these the rest of the evening - they went down really well.

We had some bread whilst looking at the menu.

To start, we shared two sushi rolls - the Spicy Kazan Roll and California Roll - both were amazingly yummy and as good as they are made out to be!!

IMGP1271.jpg

IMGP1273.jpg

For the main Scott went with the Teriyaki Fillet of Beef - WOW I had a taste of this and immediately wished that I had ordered this too - not that my meal wasn't great, it was - but I think anything would pale in comparison to this! And I'm not even the biggest lover of beef! Without a doubt I would order this when I come back to the California Grill.

IMGP1276.jpg

I had the Duck Two-Ways. I love duck - this was really nice too - but like I say, in comparison to what Scott had, nothing comes close. I do feel a bit sorry for every other entree on the menu!

IMGP1275.jpg

We had finished our entrees and Wishes was just about to start, so once our plates were cleared we went and got a spot on the balcony. We were all hugged up and watched the fireworks - what a view from there - it feels so exclusive too. They pipe in the music loud as well.

So we watched it through, I generally get quite taken aback / teary watching this - I just love it so much and it sums up everything I love about Disney! So at the end of the show, when the fireworks are all going off - I felt Scott move back and I looked around and he was down on one knee, holding up a ring-box and asked me to marry him!!

I was so taken aback and stunned and surprised - and started cryin (happy) tears!! As he was down on one knee there was a couple of people all like "wow - look!" etc - but it all just seemed blurred out and as cliche as it sounds it felt like it was just the two of us in this perfect moment - it was so sureall and exciting and amazing and every other possible happy emotion!

Of course I said yes (or maybe I just nodded - I was so speechless!!) and we just hugged for so so long, it was a truely magical moment and something I know I will never, ever forget. It was the most thoughtful, perfect proposal I could imagine

We stayed out on the balcony for a few minutes after everyone had left just to soak it all in. I can honestly say that I have never, ever been more happy.

IMGP1279.jpg

Anyway we went back to our table and as we sat down so many people sitting around us were congratulating us and Scott had organised to have two glasses of champagne on the table.

He then told me about how he had asked my grandads permission before we had went to Florida - and that teared me up again that he would be so traditional like that. Then even more he had said that the ring he proposed with (whilst still a lovely ring) was just my 'temporary' ring and he had made an appointment at Tiffany's in London for when we got home for me to chose my ideal engagement ring - I know, he did so good!!!! I can 100% say I know how lucky I am :)

The waiter was so nice - as we had not ordered dessert yet it was now the last thing on our minds (we kept just saying "we're fiances! we're getting married!" OMG"). We ordered a lemon trio and chocolate valhrona cake with peanut butter. Genuinely it was like my two ideal desserts that were put in front of us but we were both just so excited that I literally had about 2 bites (I know, shocking!!) and couldn't really comment on them at all - I must go back and try this again! haha.

IMGP1281.jpg

IMGP1282.jpg

We got the cheque, and then went back out to the balcony before we left. I called my mum (of course! even though it was about 2/3am at home she had made Scott promise to call), then another amazing thing happened - the electrical water pagent parade started. We were the only ones out in the balcony and it was almost like a water parade just for us two :) I imagine it was going back into where its kept after being out for Wishes - but it was lovely to watch as it was something neither of us had ever seen before.

IMGP1293.jpg

Overall - California Grill is amazing, the food is great, the service is super, the cocktails are yummy and the view/atmosphere is incomparible.

We then went downstairs and played about in the gift shop in the Contemporary and then went to the bar in The Wave. Scott ordered a Mojito and I had a Key Lime Martini. Both were lovely and we were talking with the waiter. Who later on once we had finished our cocktails brought out two glasses of rose champagne to say congratulations from The Wave!! It was such a lovely sentiment (and lovely champagne!).

IMGP1305.jpg

IMGP1306.jpg

IMGP1307.jpg

We decided by that point to make tracks back to the hotel, and got on the bus to Downtown Disney. We discovered the hillarity of Disney busses after-hours!! There were 3 couples on the bus, one couple going to Fort Wilderness, us going to Saratoga Springs and another going to All-Stars. The driver asked if we minded taking detours and rather than go to Downtown Disney , he would do direct stops to our hotel! Score! His banter was hillarious and it was such a bizarre but funny bus journey.

Then something else amazing happened (I know, right!!) - we drove past Magic Kingdom and they started testing the Christmas Lights on the castle - so we got to see the Castle all twinkling in it's Christmas Lights - again something we had never seen!!

And so concludes the best day ever!! A busy but amazing day that I can never get bored of talking about :) Just sorry it took so long to put on the Disboards!!!

Coming Up... Day 6 - Animal Kingdom, Sanaa and Downtown Disney.

Finally, I can stop hitting 'Refresh' now! ;) What a perfect day - congratulations to you both. :goodvibes Do we get to see either of the rings?

Finally, I can stop hitting 'Refresh' now! ;) What a perfect day - congratulations to you both. :goodvibes Do we get to see either of the rings?

Hehe I know - I have to admit I just keep looking at wedding-related things when I go online :rolleyes1

Here is a picture of my lovely engagement ring (the one I picked up from Tiffanys)

306473_10150497988859517_501279516_11365257_1122957678_n.jpg

Day 6 - Thursday 29 September 2011 - Animal Kingdom

So we woke up the next day - as a newly engaged couple - eeeee!

We spent the morning phoning people - grandparents and scotts sister and my best friend. They were all so excited for us and it was amazing getting to make a phone call to say "Hi - I'm engaged!!" even though everyone already knew Scott was going to be 'popping the question!'

We headed to Animal Kingdom - and the first thing we did... got our 'just engaged' badges!! hehe it was great and so many people congratulated us and asked how it happened - both cast members and other people in the park too - so much fun!!

Photo0079FourBySix.jpg

Photo0088FourBySix.jpg

We then went into the park and headed to Kilamanjaro Safari - it was only about a 20 or 30 minute wait for fast passes - so we picked up fastpasses and then started the morning with pastries and juice at the Kusafari Bakery - we managed to find a ledge to sit on to eat them.

IMGP1312.jpg

Once we were done - we looked in a little shop and then went on the Safari.

We then spent the morning between the tiger walk, Expedition Everest (many times!! I love this ride so so so so much!) and Dinosaur (which was even better than I remember!).

We then queued far too long to go on Primeval Whirl - by this point it was a really hot morning, and we went to get some lunch - we couldn't decide which place to go to - we had loved Flame Tree BBQ last time and I had kind of presumed we would go there but we decided to go to Yak and Yeti Counter Service and we both had the honey chicken and rice, with a frozen lemonade and waters. Wow - this place is pretty underrated - you very rarely hear of the different food reviews of people here but this was such a nice change and tasty lunch.

IMGP1332.jpg

IMGP1333.jpg

Photo0101FourBySix.jpg

There is plenty of seating but like a lot of CS places it can take a while to find a table and there are a few flies going about , but to be honest it isn't bad enough to ruin it and as I say it makes a nice change - we actually went back and had the same thing later in the trip!

After lunch, we walked about a bit, more expedition everest and then went to see Finding Nemo the Musical. Which I was so so so excited to see!! I freeking love this show - I listen to the soundtrack nearly every day or two and I sang along to the whole show - I was also really excited as we were sitting at the front of the section that starts going uphill - so at the point when Dory comes out with the audience - it was right in front of us, haha I was like "Oh my God!!" - i'm such a finding nemo musical geek!

We timed it so this finished and we had time for one go on expedition everest before heading across to see the Lion King show for the first time. This was better than I imagined - but its more audience participation rather than the story, but the acrobatics and things were still really entertaining.

By this point it was quite later in the day and we went to see how busy a wait it was for the characters - I thought it would be bad if FOTLK just came out - but it was really, really quiet and we had probably the best character interaction of the trip - everyone made such a fuss over our engagement , especially when we said it just happened last night! We got some great pics:

Photo0110FourBySix.jpg

Photo0121FourBySix.jpg

Photo0126FourBySix.jpg

Photo0132FourBySix.jpg

Photo0133FourBySix.jpg

Photo0136FourBySix.jpg

Photo0142FourBySix.jpg

As we headed out the park, we also met Lilo and Stitch - and Scott spoke in his Stitch voice, I can't remmeber if I mentioend before that he does an amazing Stitch impression - it really seemed to impress Stitches handlers here so that was fun - again it was really quiet and we were the only people even around that bit for a good 5 minutes or so and we were talking to the cast members for a while.

Photo0155FourBySix.jpg

As we headed out the park - we got the bus to Kidani Village as we had a dinner reservation at Sanaa that evening.

I really wish that we had went to have a look at Animal Kingdom Lodge now, but we wondered around Kidani Village and were so impressed by everything - and we pulled up a rocking chair and enjoyed looking around the Savannah - so amazing.

IMGP1346.jpg

After wandering around for a while it was time for our dinner, I had a Mango drink which was really nice - although really sweet.

IMGP1347.jpg

We shared the bread platter - which was really nice.

IMGP1349.jpg

For the main course, Scott had the fish which came with some Scallops - this was really nice, although a little bland I thought. But still good.

IMGP1351.jpg

I had the sampler platter... I was really looking forward to this and unfortunately it did leave me feeling slightly underwhelmed - it wasn't a bad meal, but I think I just had slightly higher expectations. We were also in a really bad table for looking out on to the Savannah and couldn't see outside at all.

IMGP1350.jpg

For dessert, I had the Chai Cream which was really nice - Scott had the sampler, my favourite on the sampler was the chai cream so I am glad I go this in bigger size.

IMGP1354.jpg

IMGP1355.jpg

After dinner, we pondered over what to do next and decided on Disney Quest! We only had about an hour until it closed but it was... a bit of a crazy hour! haha we didn't really know what was going on in there, it was so quiet though and we were able to do all of the major games - including building and riding our own 'virtual space mountain' and the Buzz Lightyear dodgems!

We then got the boat over to the main building at Saratoga Springs Resort and had a glass of white wine in the bar. Before strolling over to our room, to find this!!

IMGP1363.jpg

Another fun day and more fun to come!! :D

Congratulation with the engagement :)
Great photos with Goofy.
That lunch at Yak and Yeti looked realy good. I have to put that one on the list of where to have lunch.
What a nice suprice you got when you came back to your room.

Another great day - I'm looking forward to trying Sanaa for the first time in April.

Love the design on your nails as well. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter