COMPLETED 9/5 - I'm just here for the food...and the lightsaber! - May 2021 Trip Report

Love the ducky picture! And we loved MMRR too. I thought it was so fun! Your view from your room was so great (I know I already said that). On our days at the Dolphin it as very overcast so while we could see out (and we were on the 20th floor!), it wasn't necessarily pretty, you know?

Wow BG 1! We've never managed anything lower than in the 60's so that's great!!

We really liked this walking path.
I love walking to HS from the Epcot resorts when it isn't super hot. We're at BWI in Dec so should be good to walk there on our 1 HS day!
Trevor is a big fan of the Great Movie Ride, so he was a bit skeptical
This was and kinda still is my problem; loved GMR and overall at this point don't think MMRR is great enough to be the replacement. But I've only ridden 3x an each time I warm to it a little more; last month I actually enjoyed it for the 1st time :rotfl:so hopefully as I ride more I'll be able to fully accept the change lol

WOOOOOOOOT. I don't even know how it happened -- one of our friends was the one who got it.
Amazing! I got a really low one on our last trip. I do think most of it is just dumb luck!

know, faked you out. We decided to rope-drop Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, since neither of us had ridden it yet
I can't wait to ride this!

We headed right over to the Falcon -- Trevor was BLOWN away by the theming. He was just loving it. And the benefits of getting to Galaxy's Edge early -- shots of the Falcon with no one else!
i0tUOjA.jpg
Awsome!!

We're such nerds. I of course made Trevor be the right pilot, so he could pull the lever to go to lightspeed.
Def the best spot. I actually didn't like flying... I was TERRIBLE at it!

I'm about hitting my picture limit for this post, so that'll be in my next post. I know, I'm like the most long-winded/boring detail oriented trip report writer, but oh well
Never!!!!!

We then headed over to the Marketplace Co-Op to browse -- I love all the Dress Shop dresses and all the artwork. I'd recently (like a month before) gotten a new phone (iPhone 12 mini!) so my old phone case, which I'd gotten from Festival of the Arts in 2019, no longer fit, and I wanted another Disney case. I browsed all the options, and then ended up getting the same Hercules case I had before (the one I'd gotten from Festival of the Arts). 'Cause apparently I don't like change. :D
Love that case! Do you have any of the Dress Shoppe dresses? I am obsessed with them!
I called Trevor and was like "COME HERE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW". Trevor was excited, but was like "um...our dinner reservation is at 9--in 10 minutes. We're gonna be late!" And I was like "we'll only be a few minutes late and it's Gideon's....I'm sure it'll be fine". Cause there was no way I was not going to buy Gideon's cookies. :D
Awesome, it looks so cool in there!
Where were we going for dinner?! To the restaurant just across from Gideon's -- Wine Bar George!!
Yum!
So, full disclosure: the main reason we booked this ADR is 'cause we watch Tim Tracker, and they have been here several times, and they rave about this dish (the Iberico pork pluma). So we booked it to try it and they were RIGHT! This pork is SO GOOD -- it's so tender it literally melts in your mouth. And with the sauce...just yum. This was far and away my favorite dish and maybe even my favorite thing we ate this trip. SO GOOD. If you have a trip coming up, book an ADR just for this pork. I don't even like pork. And this is amazing.
All your food looks great! I watch Tim tracker as well and remember how much they enjoyed that dish.
Gorgeous! I couldn't be more pleased. The Tower of Terror was pretty far off to the right, so I couldn't get it and the Boardwalk in one picture, but still -- lovely lovely view. We were super happy with the view. You could even see the buses going by and the skyliner in the distance during the day. Super pretty.
Gorgeous! Your room is lovely!
WOOOOOOOOT. I don't even know how it happened -- one of our friends was the one who got it. Fast internet and fast fingers for the win, I guess. We were SUPER excited, as I'm sure you can imagine. The adrenaline is real, y'all. But it was good motivation to get out the door quickly, setting the stage for hopefully a fantastic day in Star Wars land. :D
Woohoo!!

Love the ducky picture! And we loved MMRR too. I thought it was so fun! Your view from your room was so great (I know I already said that). On our days at the Dolphin it as very overcast so while we could see out (and we were on the 20th floor!), it wasn't necessarily pretty, you know?
Disney ducks are the best! Bummer about the weather being overcast when you were there -- that's never fun, esp when you pay so much for the views!

Wow BG 1! We've never managed anything lower than in the 60's so that's great!!

I love walking to HS from the Epcot resorts when it isn't super hot. We're at BWI in Dec so should be good to walk there on our 1 HS day!

This was and kinda still is my problem; loved GMR and overall at this point don't think MMRR is great enough to be the replacement. But I've only ridden 3x an each time I warm to it a little more; last month I actually enjoyed it for the 1st time :rotfl:so hopefully as I ride more I'll be able to fully accept the change lol
Ooh yes, walking to HS from the Boardwalk should be awesome in December! And hopefully when you ride MMRR again you'll be able to enjoy it a little bit more! I liked looking for the easter eggs -- did you see the shoutout to the Great Movie Ride? :)

Amazing! I got a really low one on our last trip. I do think most of it is just dumb luck!

I can't wait to ride this!

Awsome!!

Def the best spot. I actually didn't like flying... I was TERRIBLE at it!

Never!!!!!
I love the seat for the pilots, but I also don't actually like the flying part -- I keep running into things! While I love the concept of this ride, I think I'd almost like it better if it weren't interactive beyond pulling the lever or something. If you get put in the other seats its too hard to do your "job" and still watch and see what's happening.

Aw, I'm glad you like the report -- I always feel like I write too much or go too slow, but then I enjoy it so.. :)

Love that case! Do you have any of the Dress Shoppe dresses? I am obsessed with them!
I do!! I have the Mary Poppins one, which is my standard "costume" for Mickey's Not So Scary -- I got my husband a Bert "jolly holiday" vest and so we go as Mary and Bert. I also got the "Up" one and the pink dogs one, but I got the dogs one at the outlet and it was a bit tight when I bought it and now, post-quarantine, it is....more than just a bit tight. But hopefully soon!

OOOH DISNEY ANNOUNCED OOGIE BOOGIE BASH AT DISNEYLAND! We'd been planning a trip last fall to Disneyland, partially for Oogie Boogie, and if they're gonna bring it back....we may have to book a trip! Blergh i'm so excited! Wish me luck that we'll be able to get tickets when they go on sale on Tuesday...and then I'll plan the trip around that!

Just got all caught up! Pixie dust for Oogie Boogie Tickets :)
Your view from the Swan is awesome!
Now I am hungry for a chocolate chip cookie from Gideons :) I found a recipe and made them, they were great, but not the same...
Look at you with boarding group #1 !!!
Can't wait for more!

Just got all caught up! Pixie dust for Oogie Boogie Tickets :)
Your view from the Swan is awesome!
Now I am hungry for a chocolate chip cookie from Gideons :) I found a recipe and made them, they were great, but not the same...
Look at you with boarding group #1 !!!
Can't wait for more!
:welcome: Thank you! I'm already super hyped/anxious for the tickets to go on sale.

Oh interesting! I didn't even think of looking for a copycat Gideon's recipe. Hmm...

I'm hoping to have the next bit up tomorrow! :)

Found and read your report today! Looking forward to reading more!
:welcome:I'm hoping to have the next bit up tomorrow :)

Joining in, I'm really enjoying your report!
:welcome: I'm so glad!

Rise of the Resistance and Breakfast Ronto Wraps!
Monday, May 24 2021 (part 2)

I left off with us heading to ride Rise of the Resistance. We easily checked in and got put into what we later realized was the fastpass line, because we were in the room with Rey and BB-8 within 3 or 4 minutes. Practically no line at all! We loved the pre-show with Rey, and just the theming of that room.

WgTuKWp.jpg
AwYNQFx.jpg

ylvY8pH_d.webp

The only complaint is just that there is SO MUCH to see and so little time there! I was trying to get pics of Trevor in front of all the things while balancing the need to keep moving (per CM's directions).
FKvgmI7_d.webp
Jd0maTH_d.webp

In the ship we were right up at the front. It was super neat -- it really feels like you're moving and on a ship! So neat.
xgr0Qyf_d.webp

But once that door opened and we were in the hanger with the stormtroopers.........WOW. It BLEW us away. I wanted to just stay here forever looking around and taking it all in. It's amazing. SO BIG.

EZ8nwkG.jpg
kxN5jdS.jpg

dxvPbRa.jpg

That theming was I think my favorite part. This room is amazing.

Then we went down the hallways to wait to get into the interrogation chamber, and of course I was taking more pictures.
LH8Y3Ug.jpg
lvhYkqo.jpg
FeiuqS3.jpg

GzT3QaH.jpg

The interrogation room was super cool -- that effect of the door being cut open is super neat. We loved it. Then in the car we were in the back row, so there must have been plexiglass in front of us but I have NO MEMORY of it, probably 'cause we were just so overwhelmed with everything. I do remember the single person who was in the row with us was livestreaming her ride and she was reacting in the most over-the-top way to EVERYTHING. That was a bit odd, but it only was the teeniest bit distracting, mostly cause this ride is just a sensory overload -- there is so much to see and so much to look at.

Anyways, the ride! We got the track that went to the side of the AT-ATs, and then was first in line to go under the cannons near the end. It was SO COOL! We loved the effect of the lightsaber through the ceiling and the blaster damage effects. And honestly we loved just all the effects. It was all so neat and so cool to see. Too bad we can only ride it through the boarding group--I would have immediately gotten back in line, if we could have!

yHWDA9N.jpg
SoJGWz3.jpg

vK8jl28.jpg

Riding high off Rise, we were dumped out in that area in front of the blue X-wing, and there was a photopass photographer so of course we stopped and got some pictures. They turned out pretty good considering we were facing right into the sun and were kind of squinting!
uVuoTHW.jpg
2XBOXDX.jpg

After that we were pretty hungry, so we decided to get breakfast Ronto wraps! Trevor's first Ronto wrap experience! :) We headed over there through the Market place (at 10 am there was no line to get into the Marketplace) and of course took a few photos cause the Marketplace is AMAZING.
2c8rl7O.jpg
owvSJjA.jpg

Checking email timestamps, it looks like we placed our order for Ronto Wraps at 10:02 am, and then I have a picture of the Ronto Wraps themselves at 10:03 am. Sweeeeeeeet. Very few of our mobile orders were ready that quickly! :D One of the things I do like about Covid-era Disneyworld is that for these types of quick service restaurants, they wouldn't let you in until you showed that your mobile order was ready, and so it wasn't crowded inside and you were able to get a table super easily. Getting a table before used to really stress me out, but I loved this way of doing it. So nice! And made for some fun pictures of the theming in Ronto Roasters without it being super crowded by people.

FUwFtpc.jpg

Anyways, back to the food! We just got two of the Ronto Morning Wraps.
bzRH8MS.jpg

They don't look like much, but they were really good! We definitely liked them. We didn't eat them in close enough proximity to the regular Ronto Wraps for me to have enough of a memory to compare them to each other, but I remember we really did like these breakfast ones. Delicious. :D Also, fun random photo of Trevor chowing down and enjoying the theming.
3BjI6LE.jpg

After breakfast, we wandered a bit and ended up deciding to get in line to go into Dok Ondar's. There was a bit of a line--maybe 10 minutes or so? But as we were heading over there we found Chewie and Rey out interacting with people from the balcony.
DYnVYj5.jpg
67Ukc9E.jpg

The line for Dok Ondar's wasn't bad and pretty soon we were inside. It was AWESOME. Trevor loved seeing all the cool things, and I was definitely enabling him with all sorts of "do you want this? what about this?"
RYhDRcb.jpg
G7KPSfg.jpg

h5yyYqg.jpg
pm2ynqB.jpg

Trevor found lots of things he wanted, but I don't think we bought anything on this particular visit, though I did take notes of apparently some of the things he did want to make sure that we bought them later, or revisited it later to see if he still wanted it. I think I left him browsing in there for a bit while I ran to the restroom, actually. Cause he was basically in heaven in there.

PVe9A1x.jpg
GPAOpIa.jpg

Random fun galaxy's edge theming photos.

Trevor took a selfie all by himself without my prompting him, which is how you know he was having a great time. :D
JzFUhKq.jpg

But then I found him and made him take a selfie with me. :D
93IttVz.jpg

But then we saw a photopass photographer by Docking Bay 7 and had them take some pictures. :)
Ri32Rgi.jpg
PvnjTuY.jpg

Sometimes the magic shots work out, and sometimes they don't...... Oh well!

And there's the picture limit. So I'll stop here for now -- tune in next time to hear about us trying the blue and green milk, and lunch at Docking Bay 7!

Too bad we can only ride it through the boarding group--I would have immediately gotten back in line, if we could have!
I hope one day.. there will be a standby line. I am sure but maybe not till they have a ner ride in HS?

The line for Dok Ondar's wasn't bad and pretty soon we were inside. It was AWESOME. Trevor loved seeing all the cool things, and I was definitely enabling him with all sorts of "do you want this? what about this?"
Andy loves this store too!

Sounds like a great begining to your time in GE!

I hope one day.. there will be a standby line. I am sure but maybe not till they have a ner ride in HS?

Oh that's a good point. Though didn't Mickey and Minnie's open after Rise? I do wonder if and when they'll drop the virtual queue. Can't help feeling like they're doing some kind of experiment, seeing what people will tolerate with regards to lines and such.

Sounds like your HS day is turning out to be your best day ever! The walkway looks like a beautiful and relaxing way to get over to HS.

Love all the pictures! We found in Galaxy's Edge that there was so much theming it felt almost impossible to take it all in. Seeing pictures let's me absorb it better :rotfl2: .

Sounds like your HS day is turning out to be your best day ever! The walkway looks like a beautiful and relaxing way to get over to HS.
:welcome: yes it was!! And yes, that walkway was a really good part. Highly recommend the Epcot resort area.

Love all the pictures! We found in Galaxy's Edge that there was so much theming it felt almost impossible to take it all in. Seeing pictures let's me absorb it better :rotfl2: .
Same! There was definitely SO MUCH to look at. That's why we love watching vlogs of Galaxy's Edge -- get to see it and take it in a bit more. :)

Sounds like you are having a great HS day!
we definitely were!!

Real life/Disneyland update: I got Oogie Boogie Bash tickets! So, Disneyland trip for September is on! I cannot wait. It's been crazy trying to plan...if anyone is interested in a pre-trip report, I'm thinking of reviving my pre-trip report from the DL trip that got canceled due to COVID. It's been crazy trying to get everything planned... and I need advice 'cause I don't know Disneyland well at all! But anyways, gonna save that for the PTR. :)

Blue and Green Milk and Docking Bay 7 and Jack Jack Cookie Num-Nums, Oh My!
Monday, May 24 2021 (part 3)

ANYWAYS. Back to Galaxy's Edge! So, it was right about 11 o'clock, we'd ridden Millenium Falcon and Ride of the Resistance and it was starting to get crowded and hot. So, we decided it was time to try the Blue and Green Milk! Can I just say I love mobile order? It was so nice to just place that mobile order and walk over there and just picking it up without having to wait in line. Loved it. So we got both the blue and the green milk. I'd tried the blue milk when I did the AP preview back in 2019, but I honestly didn't remember a whole lot about it, other than thinking it was kind of weird.

As we were walking over to get the milk I saw a photopass photographer in front of the Falcon, with a bit of a line, so Trevor stayed in line and I went and grabbed the milk. Cause I'm all about photopass photographers, in case you hadn't noticed. :) So all our pics with the blue/green milk are from us in line.
rbSewqo.jpg

Anyways, I made Trevor try them both first...he was not impressed with either one, sadly.
dx3uPwm.jpg

I actually ended up liking the green milk better, but Trevor liked the blue milk better. They were more refreshing then I remembered the blue milk being, but really overall they were just weird. From my notes, the blue was slightly sweeter, and the green had a bit of a bitter aftertaste? It was almost a bit of a medicinal aftertaste. We mixed the last little bit of them together and that was kind of fun. I'm still a bit disturbed by how the colors didn't really mix...
fjsR42C.jpg

So overall, while the taste was odd, they were very refreshing on the hot day.

We got a few pics in front of the Falcon, and tried again with porg. We never take good magic shots, which makes me laugh so I put them in every time. :)
J7J1lcM.jpg
L8nVWSa.jpg

After that we mobile ordered the spork (and some water :D) from Docking Bay 7, cause they had the sign up saying the had the spork and Trevor really wanted it. So we wanted to make sure we didn't forget. Docking Bay 7 is super cool y'all -- I'd never been in (I forgot to go during the AP preview), so we were blown away by the theming.
PdHzMMs.jpg
pPUlRTK.jpg

From there we headed over to the Sith area to look in the First Order gift shop. The line to get in was wrapping around the front of the stage there in front of the TIE fighter and the stormtroopers and Kylo were out, so we had some really fun interactions with them while waiting (despite the heat). At the same time we were also using our datapads to hack stuff. :D The stormtroopers asked for our ID and we said no. Then they asked why we were on Batuu and I said we were here to buy things and he said he would have believed any answer but that, which makes no sense cause its a trading outpost! But yea, it was really fun. Trevor managed to get a video of some of the interactions -- it's the wrong way up for the first few seconds but it goes to the right way pretty soon after.
Interacting with the Stormtroopers
cdG2OyN.jpg
kVdFwcb.jpg

The gift shop was neat -- Trevor bought a pen with a "hidden compartment" and I made him buy one of the Galaxy's Edge reusable bags. :D

At this point it was getting very hot and very crowded in Galaxy's Edge, so we decided to run over to Star Tours to get the fun photopass magic shot they had over there, and to ride Star Tours if the line wasn't too long. When we got over there, there was no line for the 360 degree magic shot, which surprised us. The photographer said it went in waves--sometimes he'll have a long line and sometimes no one. We were grateful to not have to wait in line. :) (and that I remembered -- I so often forget that these are things I want to do).
6MrBPKQ.jpg

From there we hopped in line for Star Tours. I think the line was posted at 30 minutes or so? I didn't write it down...oops! The line was socially-distanced so it was using the outdoor queue, which I have NEVER seen before. We took some fun pictures in line though. That outdoor queue has great theming--really feels like Endor from the movie came to life! Too bad you can't actually go into the treehouse or paths up there.
GaZay5l.jpg
8AkRb43.jpg

I think we probably waited about 20 minutes -- we got in line at 12:25 and I have a pic in the gift shop at 1:04, so 20ish minutes sounds about right. Neither of us were the rebel spy, and we got Kashyyhk and Naboo, so that's a pretty good Star Tours ride (though please enough with Naboo, honestly). Actually we must have gotten out slightly before 1 pm, because at 1 pm I was talking with a CM and I heard a bunch of cheering and I didn't understand why, until the CM pointed out that it was the people who'd gotten a Rise of the Resistance boarding group, cause the boarding groups open again at 1 pm. Duh!

At this point, we were flagging pretty hard: It was hot and crowded, we were tired and hungry, so we decided to get lunch and then head back to the hotel room for a nap. Where for lunch? Docking Bay 7!

We got our food at 1:15, and were very much enjoying the a/c and the theming. :) I got the Roasted Endorian Chicken Salad (on the top) and Trevor got the Felucian Kefta and Hummus Garden Spread (below)
mdiMivt.jpg

The Roasted Endorian Chicken Salad is (per the website): Marinated chicken, mixed greens, roasted seasonal vegetables, quinoa, and pumpkin seeds, tossed in green curry ranch. This was delicious! I was a little wary 'cause quinoa and roasted veggies and I thought it would be weird. Dunno. But it was DELICIOUS. All the bits worked together perfectly. I really really enjoyed this, much more than I expected to. Trevor's Felucian Kefta and Hummus Garden spread is (also per the website): Plant-based Meatballs, Herb Hummus, Tomato-Cucumber Relish, Pita. This was also really good! The meatballs really tasted like meat -- I honestly couldn't tell that they were plant-based. And it was a lot of food! Trevor couldn't finish it all. Basically, Docking Bay 7 was a hit -- and much more of a hit then we thought it would be. Delicious. Highly recommend. :)

I know I was tired because my picture taking slowed down DRAMATICALLY. :D After we were done eating, we meandered our way out of the park by way of Toy Story Land. As we were walking out, we were passing by the market where Pixar Place used to be and I was like "oooh! I wonder if they have Jack Jack Cookie Num Nums for sale!" So we went over there and checked and they did! So, even though we'd just eaten, we definitely got a cookie num num.
hH4uc6v.jpg

So good! We ate this as we meandered our way out of the park and finished it up right as we were getting in line for the boat. Though while I was focused on the cookie, Trevor was focused on the family of ducks we saw there!
RY6yCNw_d.webp
NqAoY63_d.webp

Disney ducks! Or, if you're a Tim Tracker fan... 🎶Theme park ducks walking through the park🎶

There wasn't really a line for the boat or anything, so we got on the first boat that came. We ended up getting on at 1:55, and then we were at the Swan at 2:04 pm. BOOM. I loved staying at the Swan, and this was definitely one of the reasons. We totally crashed back in the room -- we fell onto the beds and took a nap and it was awesome. Midday naps guys -- they are the best.

We woke up at 3:30, and were out the door at 3:55 (I took notes of some things, apparently). Look at this view everyone!!
0vdDkZn_d.webp

We were heading to Epcot to try some of the Flower and Garden festival booths for food, and we took advantage of proximity to walk over there by way of the Boardwalk (which we LOVED staying at and still have a soft spot for -- love the Boardwalk).
RDmPsDf_d.webp
OPMGbsT_d.webp
O1asnxE.jpg

Right as we walked into Epcot we started to see some of the theming for Flower and Garden, so of course we stopped and got a picture. :)
R4zYefq_d.webp
jnRT1k3_d.webp

We also got our first glimpse of the Harmonious barges in person. They are SO SO bad. Like, they don't look horrible in pictures, but in person they are absolutely horrible. I don't know how they'll salvage the view--I can't imagine the fountains will make the barges any better. *shrugs*
w2RDmJN_d.webp

At this point it was 4:15, and we had a reservation for Trevor to build a lightsaber at 6:05 pm, so we didn't want to venture too far into World Showcase. We decided to just hop in line at the France booth for some food. This was totally a bust -- we were in line, waited 10 minutes or so, and then right as we got to the register, the CM announced that they were out of everything but the beignets, and it was too hot for us to want a beignet, so we hopped out of line. That was sad -- we waited the whole time and no food. :( We did get to see the Princess cavalcade though!
x8weHe7_d.webp

We were trying to decide what to do next, and while we were deciding I decided I wanted a picture in front of the Beauty and the Beast topiaries. :)
MpKKCSF_d.webp

Then we decided to go and get ice cream. Cause we were hot. :) There was a long line for the ice cream, sadly, but we decided to suck it up. We got in line at 4:27pm and then got our ice cream at 4:41pm--so about 15 minutes. It felt longer than that! But we ended up getting two ice cream macaroons - the chocolate one and a raspberry/cream one.
u71wwDb_d.webp
LVh8Jzg_d.webp

These were delicious -- definitely hit the spot. So good, and very refreshing -- highly recommend. :)

We decided to explore the new area of France where the Remy ride would be, while eating our ice creams.
EV9C7b1_d.webp
r2EtHnH_d.webp

ccv1xBn_d.webp
Csl1jxK_d.webp

It's such a cute area! It's gonna be great when the ride opens, though it's also gonna be a crazy choke point, I bet. Super cute though.

(con't in next post)

Building the Lightsaber!
May 24, 2021 (part 4)

We headed out of Epcot to go to Hollywood Studios at about 4:45 pm, and we were going to try the Skyliner! It was the first time for both of us riding the Skyliner, so we were excited. And since it wasn't the opening or closing of the parks, there was no wait. Phew! They were still loading only one party per gondola, and we specifically asked for one without a wrap so we could have the slightly better view. We got on at 4:58pm, and then got off at about 5:22 pm, including the wait at the transfer point (there was no wait :D). So not a bad transportation method!
EkmloE7.jpg
Tltof5d.jpg
fsZOnQM.jpg
KMNSqxz.jpg
tVDgzhL.jpg

So once at Hollywood Studios, we split up. I wanted to ride Tower of Terror and the wait time was posted at 15 minutes, so I headed over there while Trevor headed back to Galaxy's edge. I got in line at 5:27 and had fun talking with the gals in front of me who had AWESOME Tower of Terror custom ears from Etsy. The line was backed up pretty far, but turned out that was due to social distancing, cause I was on the ride at 5:44 -- so the wait was pretty much 15 minutes on the dot. Sweet!
7UXhB7R.jpg
aqas5aP.jpg
xF537yC.jpg

I put that last picture in so you could see the plexiglass. And they weren't running the pre-show in the library, so that was kind of nice for those of us who have seen it before.
pSzKu3u.jpg

They were still doing distancing between parties on the ride, which was nice. I was in the back on the right and had a lovely visit at the Tower of Terror. :D I had to take a selfie to commemorate.

In the meantime, Trevor was just hacking stuff and taking pics all over Galaxy's Edge. He did meet the Child though!
RAHte4z.jpg

Trevor's appointment for the lightsaber was at 6:05, and the email said to check in a bit early, so as soon as I met up with him, he checked in (it was right before 6 pm). First, they have you pick out your lightsaber elements. Trevor had been doing research and such online so he was pretty sure he knew which one he wanted, but he wanted to look at the options in person to doublecheck.
riZi5vE.jpg

He ended up picking the Elemental lightsaber, and then he paid (using his Spira gift card which was definitely fun).
kJPT3QU.jpg

I will say...I was a bit irritated because we booked this before the price increase, and then they charged me the new price, even though when they announced the price increase they said that people who'd booked before the increase would get the old price. *sigh* I get it, but it was a bit disappointing. But Trevor was so psyched he didn't notice, which was good -- stuff like that is for me to notice, not him, not when he's getting to build a lightsaber and ought to be focusing on that. :)

While we were waiting to get called back in, we spent time looking around the courtyard and hacking and scanning stuff on the datapad.
Ujc1aWs.jpg

We got called inside at about 6:20, so just the right amount of time to get excited. Trevor was so excited he was just focused on his lightsaber and didn't answer me when I asked if he wanted me to film it, so I decided to film it anyways. Shoutout to my phone (iPhone 12 mini) -- the video is pretty awesome quality for an iPhone! Lightsaber Building Ceremony
qNzEUE8.jpg

Honestly, that ceremony is amazing. $230 for a lightsaber is very very pricey, and probably not worth it. But with the ceremony/show, it starts to get closer to the "worth it" end. It was so neat--and in my mind, the epitome of what sets Disney apart. It's the storytelling, and the attention to detail, and the whole ambiance/atmosphere. It was AWESOME. And proof is here, in one of my favorite pictures of Trevor ever:
TGEI6Z7.jpg

His smile is so big! He rarely smiles like this in photos -- I'm just glad I could get a picture of this excitement and happyiness. Kid in a candy store, right there. Made the money worth it. :)

We immediately headed over to Dok Ondar's to buy things...namely a case, and whatever else struck Trevor's fancy. :) We ended up getting the heavy duty case, as well as a blue, purple, and red kyber crystals. We also got both the Jedi and the Sith Holocrons, and then the metal Sith credit thing and a cool Sith goblet. My husband likes the darkside...I'm in trouble!
i8zasO3.jpg

He opened up the red kyber crystal right then and there, hoping to get a black one. Did he? I took a video, just in case: Did Trevor get a black kyber crystal?

Spoiler? No, he didn't. Oh well!

We were riding high off the lightsaber and the endorphin rush from spending all the money at Dok Ondar's (I'm still so sad that they weren't doing the free resort delivery, or even free delivery to the front of the park), so we headed over to the Droid Depot to look around. The only thing we bought was a silver Spira gift card, 'cause we already had the gold one and we had to get the set, right? But we really enjoyed looking around at the theming in there.
hXPAC8d.jpg

It was about 7:30, so we headed over to the Falcon, to get some fun photos of Trevor with his lightsaber in front of the Falcon.
tCTzXCg.jpg

When we got there, a new photopass photographer was just coming out, and she dusted us with some major pixie dust. She saw me and him starting to take pictures, and asked if we would like some pictures. Of course we said yes, and so she took us over to the side of the Falcon (where the extended queue goes when it gets busy), where it was dark, and spent like 10 minutes just taking pictures with us over there. She was so nice! We really appreciated it. We definitely put in a cast compliment for her. She just made us (and especially Trevor) feel so special and cool with his lightsaber.
Os1wJif.jpg

I'd apologize for the blitz of pictures I'm going to share now, but I don't actually feel bad about sharing them. :D
riAd6o7.jpg
qO3YRP3.jpg
NP98HsQ.jpg
1EEGQ2s.jpg
9ehdUuo.jpg
aodyHuV.jpg
HQJexyV.jpg
jV2lbFz.jpg

Trevor took a couple shots of the photographer taking pics of me, 'cause I took one of her working with him. :D

Oq4tSju.jpg
eTwUESZ.jpg

So yea, it was SUCH a good experience. We're so grateful for the time she took with us!! And after we were done, she even took a couple of us in front of the Falcon.
QYVIikg.jpg
6IQjWAY.jpg
lsyX17m.jpg

That was just a perfect cap to the whole lightsaber building experience. So awesome.

(I'm hitting the picture limit again, so continued in the next post! It's 7:35pm, Galaxy's Edge closes at 8pm...what will we do?!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter