Complete rundisney with walking boot

I've seen plenty of people out there attempting it. As someone that recently spent months in a walking boot, I personally wouldn't do it because even just walking the parks it that stupid thing was miserable - let alone the potential to do more damage than already exists by trying to complete a race.

Wine & Dine Half 2015 there was a lady in my corral with one and I thought that she would never make it. The course was shortened to 7.5, which made me very happy after I was injured (ended up a bad sprained ankle). As I was hobbling my way across the finish line there she was walking along with the person she had started with and smiling.

So, it can be done. Over a 10K, however, I wouldn’t personally want to because as Dis_Yoda said my hips would not be happy. I think this is a personal thing as I’ve heard of others who have done half’s in a boot.

Thanks wdvak!!
That is exactly what I wanted to hear! I am an experienced endurance athlete and boot wearer because of a couple freak foot accidents. I know that if I am feeling the pain, that the parade bus is there to take me to the finish!

Let pain be your guide!!! :)
Jojo

I have seen many people on the courses in walking boots. I would make sure your other shoe has an insert to keep your hips more level if you're going to try it.

Thanks bumber shoot! My even up insert is to be delivered today so I can practice in it. People say they make a world of difference.
getting excited for Sunday!!!! woot woot!!!!

My sis-in-law made it 8 miles into the 2016 WDW Half with her foot in a boot. She probably would've actually made the whole thing if she hadn't stopped for some photos. She got a lot of support from other Disney runners who were amazed to see her out there. She's glad she made the attempt.

Thanks wdvak!!
That is exactly what I wanted to hear! I am an experienced endurance athlete and boot wearer because of a couple freak foot accidents. I know that if I am feeling the pain, that the parade bus is there to take me to the finish!

Let pain be your guide!!! :)
Jojo

I have been in a boot on a couple different occasions. My hip comment was first hand experience from attempts to do things I shouldn’t. I paid for it more later.

Hi everyone,
Just an update on my wine and dine half marathon in a boot.... Well, I attemped it and succeeded!! I want to thank everyone who gave me encouragement as they passed a determined person in a boot!! I thought I would only get about 4 or 5 miles but when the adrenaline kicked in , I was able to finish.
Feeling really good now!!!!

Hi everyone,
Just an update on my wine and dine half marathon in a boot.... Well, I attemped it and succeeded!! I want to thank everyone who gave me encouragement as they passed a determined person in a boot!! I thought I would only get about 4 or 5 miles but when the adrenaline kicked in , I was able to finish.
Feeling really good now!!!!

Congratulations!!! I’m glad you
We’re successful and didn’t have any further injuries

Congrats!! I know what it feels like to not want to be limited by the boot. I was on vacation in Santa Fe this week and was determined to at least do some light hiking! I did a few miles on the boot and then switched to my hiking boots for the steep part (fortunately I'm at the point where I can take it off for parts of the day and be okay). I'm crossing my fingers I'll be cleared to run soon so I can start training for the Princess Half!

Thanks iheartglaciers. I am trying not to have my boot dictate my life's activities within reason. Good luck to you in your princess training. My next event in April will be a Spartan Beast.

Jojo

Thanks iheartglaciers. I am trying not to have my boot dictate my life's activities within reason. Good luck to you in your princess training. My next event in April will be a Spartan Beast.

Jojo

Good luck with the spartan! Hopefully you'll be out of the boot soon :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!