Complete list of stateroom categories on the Dream / Fantasy

Recap those ? for me please if you like. I may be able to help. :)

What is the difference between 9C and 9D? There is a lot of talk about the corner 9D's, but nothing about the forward-facing 9D's on Deck 6, and nothing about the 9C's.

That is Question #1 in Post #7. The other questions in Post #7 have been answered, but you can refer back to them if you have more to add.

Thanks.

What is the difference between 9C and 9D? There is a lot of talk about the corner 9D's, but nothing about the forward-facing 9D's on Deck 6, and nothing about the 9C's.

That is Question #1 in Post #7. The other questions in Post #7 have been answered, but you can refer back to them if you have more to add.

Thanks.

I guess nobody has the answer to that question. But I'm sure my list is still useful for everyone.

Is there anything else you feel my list should include? Or any other questions that need to be answered or asked?

What is needed is a list of noisy rooms on the Fantasy and Dream. There used to be a list for the Magic and Wonder, but I can't find it. The major concern would be Deck 2, since there is no way of knowing what is below it, and DCL won't disclose it. There is likely a crew bar on Deck 1 that makes certain Deck 2 staterooms noisy, but we won't know unless people post about specific rooms.

Thanks.

What is needed is a list of noisy rooms on the Fantasy and Dream. There used to be a list for the Magic and Wonder, but I can't find it. The major concern would be Deck 2, since there is no way of knowing what is below it, and DCL won't disclose it. There is likely a crew bar on Deck 1 that makes certain Deck 2 staterooms noisy, but we won't know unless people post about specific rooms.

Anyone want to try to answer either of these questions?

This is a great thread! I have a question but I'm going to put it in a new post so it won't get missed. I'll link back to give credit!

I'm booked in Dream 6576 which they list as a Cat D. Does this room have plexiglass then? Is the verandah smaller, standard? Any obstruction?

Thanks. This info is SUPER AWESOME! Very useful

I'm booked in Dream 6576 which they list as a Cat D. Does this room have plexiglass then? Is the verandah smaller, standard? Any obstruction?

Thanks. This info is SUPER AWESOME! Very useful

According to the deck plan, Room 6576 is Cat. 5D, which means that it has a plexiglass verandah, and it should be standard sized and with no obstruction.

They didn't. The ship sort of "juts out" just under those cabins(I can't remember why), and without the extended verandah, you wouldn't be able to see the ocean, only the ship underneath of you. Personally, I wouldn't stay in one again; you can see others and they can see you if you are on the extended portion of your verandah.

How high up can you see from the extended portion of the Deck 5 Cat. 4E verandahs? I assume you can see Deck 6. What about Deck 7? Deck 8?

Not sure if it's comparable, but the Carnival Dream class ships have a public deck on Deck 5 called the lanai. I know for sure that you can see the Deck 6 verandahs from there, but not Deck 8. Don't remember about Deck 7. But I'm not even sure if the Disney ships would be the same.

It's the baths that I always need help with. After all these years, I still can't absorb which cabins have the split bath or not. Some have a single bathroom. Some with tub. Perhaps some not? ? ? Don't all DCL cabins that are not HA have tubs of some shape? ? ?

I'm sure somebody can answer this question. I think the categories that do NOT have the split bathroom are 11C, 11B, 11A, 8A, and all handicapped rooms. Is that correct? Do all non-handicapped 10A, 9D, 9C, 9B, 9A, 8D, 8C, 8B, 7A, 6B, 6A, 5E, 5D, 5C, 5B, 5A, 4E, 4D, 4C, 4B, and 4A rooms have the split bath? I assume that the concierge rooms (Cat. V, T, and R) have something even better than a split bath.

I've also read some posts about rooms having a round tub, which is somehow better than a rectangular one? I think those might be non-handicapped 4D, 4C, 4B, and 4A rooms (not 4E). Anything else?

Do all rooms have some sort of tub?

I think the handicapped rooms, regardless of category, just have a curtain, and the bathroom floods when you are taking a shower.

Does Disney officially use the word "handicapped", or do they have a more politically correct term? I will edit my post if somebody tells me what term Disney officially uses.

Some people have been asking which categories have rooms that sleep 5. It seems that some (not all) of the family oceanview (8B, 8C, and 8D), family verandah (4A, 4B, 4C, and 4D), and concierge (V, T, and R) rooms can sleep 5. No Cat. 8A or 4E rooms sleep 5. I assume that every category has at least some rooms that sleep 4. I believe that every room sleeps at least 3.

Other questions which have not been answered:

1. Is there a list of noisy staterooms that should be avoided? Especially on Deck 2 where Disney won't disclose what is below.

2. What is the difference between Cat. 9C and 9D? There is a lot of talk about the corner 9D rooms. But I see no mention of the forward-facing 9D rooms on Deck 6, nor any of the 9C rooms.

Some people have been asking which categories have rooms that sleep 5. It seems that some (not all) of the family oceanview (8B, 8C, and 8D), family verandah (4A, 4B, 4C, and 4D), and concierge (V, T, and R) rooms can sleep 5. No Cat. 8A or 4E rooms sleep 5. I assume that every category has at least some rooms that sleep 4. I believe that every room sleeps at least 3.

Do ANY category V rooms sleep 5? I wouldn't think so given how the sofa comes out.

Moderators: Is there any way to turn this thread into a sticky? Or maybe clean it up and post just the useful info as a sticky? There are frequent questions about stateroom categories, mostly because people can't find this thread.

Moderators: Is there any way to turn this thread into a sticky? Or maybe clean it up and post just the useful info as a sticky? There are frequent questions about stateroom categories, mostly because people can't find this thread.

I don't think there are any dedicated moderators on this forum currently so your best bet is to keep bumping the thread up to keep it on the first page.

I believe the only difference between the forward facing 9C's and 9D's are the decks they are on. The forward facing 9C's are on Decks 7 & 8 and the forward facing 9D's are on Deck 6. They have slanted ceilings and a forward facing porthole.

MJ

I think the handicapped rooms, regardless of category, just have a curtain, and the bathroom floods when you are taking a shower.

Does Disney officially use the word "handicapped", or do they have a more politically correct term? I will edit my post if somebody tells me what term Disney officially uses.

The word is "accessible". :)

We've stayed in an accessible one bedroom in concierge on the Dream. In the big bathroom, there was no tub. There was a curtain you could pull around the shower area. There was also a system of drains in that area that allowed no water in the rest of the bathroom. If you REALLY tried, you could get the rest of the bathroom wet, but in no way would you flood the bathroom... :)

Just to note - the other bathroom in this room had the round tub like others have mentioned.

I don't think there are any dedicated moderators on this forum currently so your best bet is to keep bumping the thread up to keep it on the first page.

I believe the only difference between the forward facing 9C's and 9D's are the decks they are on. The forward facing 9C's are on Decks 7 & 8 and the forward facing 9D's are on Deck 6. They have slanted ceilings and a forward facing porthole.

MJ

I thought that there was a moderator named Judy?

I wonder why the corner rooms are all Cat. 9D regardless of deck, but the forward-facing rooms are 9D on one deck and 9C on the others. Strange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter