Commonly used DVC Forum Abbreviations and Acronyms

ITA I imagine it means "I think alike."

TiW -- Tables in Wonderland (personally, I still think that's a very dumb name)

So what's ITA? I've seen it several times the past week and for whatever reason am drawing a blank...

ITA = "I Totally Agree"

Please note: This thread is actually almost 3 years old, started by WebmasterDoc in 2006.

Is there a test later? The DD DH DW thing was different as well, but figured that out ;-)

How about the people abbreviations that aren't always clear.
Dh
DW
DD
DS
DSIL
DDIL
DGM
DGP
DSIL
DBIL
DMIL
DFIL
?
(and where did you say the "guru list was - some technical board? How about one place with all of these in a "Glossary"?

Dh
DW
DD
DS
DSIL
DDIL
DGM
DGP
DSIL
DBIL
DMIL
DFIL

The first "D" is for either "Dear" or "Disney". Take your pick, LOL. Then, in order:

Husband
Wife
Daughter
Son
Sister-in-law or Son-in-law
Daughter-in-law
Grandmother
Grandparent
Sister-in-law or Son-in-law
Brother-in-law
Mother-in-law
Father-in-law

?
(and where did you say the "guru list was - some technical board? How about one place with all of these in a "Glossary"?

In the first post in this thread, there is a link to the common non-DVC acronyms already available. The purpose of this thread was to list the typical abbreviations used mainly on the DVC Boards. This list was not intended to be a comprehensive list of all acronyms.

Here is a link to the other list - http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm

Isn't Ebb & Flo's at VB? ( referencing #1 post, E&F). Does it have the same name at HHI?

This isn't exactly an acronym, but what does the term "dedicated" mean, as in a dedicated studio? I know "lock off" is when a studio and 1 bed are put together to make a 2 bed, instead of a pure 2 bed unit. Does dedicated mean it's not capable of being joined with another room to make a bigger unit?

This isn't exactly an acronym, but what does the term "dedicated" mean, as in a dedicated studio? I know "lock off" is when a studio and 1 bed are put together to make a 2 bed, instead of a pure 2 bed unit. Does dedicated mean it's not capable of being joined with another room to make a bigger unit?

Dedicated means it cannot be joined with another villa, so it would always be reserved as a studio (or 1BR, 2BR).

Perhaps we should add PVB (Polynesian Villas and Bungalows) and VGF (Villas at Grand Floridian) to the abbreviations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter