Comings and Goings on the DDP!

tiki23

Able to leap a double stroller in a single bound!
Sis and I will be checking in for our "girls trip" for 5 nights. :cool1:

The 6th and 7th night I will stay in the same room on my own. :thumbsup2

My husband will arrive on my 8th night and will stay a total of 6 nights. :yay:

That means 13 nights for me! :woohoo:

I want to be on the DDP the entire time, and also have my Sis on the plan while she is there nights 1-5 and my husband on the plan while he is there nights 8-13.

Will this work?

Thanks for your help!

OK...I get that I can't have more than 10 days on any ticket so that I would either have to have an AP or purchase 2 tickets for myself.

If I have an AP and purchase the dining plan, can my sister be on the DP for her length of stay (she will then depart, and my husband will arrive 2 days later) and can my husband then be on for his length of stay?

If that doesn't work my options would be to purchase TIW with the AP, but given our dining preferences, that's getting close to paying the same price.

Decisions, decisions! Either way....I'll be at WDW! :goodvibes

I would call Disney reservations and ask if that can be done...my understanding is that everyone on the reservation has to be on the same package for the duration. Which would be expensive if you had to pay for sister and husband for all 13 days of dining plan (though that would put a LOT of dining credits on the room card...you and hubby could use them up going to signature places & 2-credit shows.)

I *think* I recall reading that people were allowed to do similar bookings to what you're talking about.

If you do get the AP, make sure you look into booking with the AP discount...passholder discounts on rooms are usually in the 30-40% off per night. You can book dining on AP discounted rooms without buying any additional tickets...and you do not have to buy additional park tickets for other people in the AP discounted room

You need to book three seperate reservations to do it the exact way you want. Since you will have the AP and book it as such you won't need to purchase any tickets for either reservations. Just put the names of whoever on each reservations.

However, I'd probably do 2 reservations and just have my husband on the second one with me (starting on the 6th). That would give you two extra meals that he won't use and you could use those to do a signature meal one night together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter