Come Pack With Me (Pre Trip Report)

T-10

We drove over to my parents to watch the game and spent the night. Not much happening on the packing front today but Scott is taking care of a few small jobs on the Miss Beth.

imagejpg1_zps4b4d8937.jpg

I will admit that I am a little jealous of Miss Beth! Although I love the idea of an Airstream, the maintenance would do us in...

We rented an RV at the Fort a couple years ago and that is what really hooked us on WDW. Tent camping will be an adventure! We are driving down from MA (and taking our time...4 nights, 5 days) camping for 2 weeks and then driving back (even more slowly, haha, 6 nights, 7 days!). We leave a week from Monday :cool1::cool1:

Glad to hear of another adventure seeking family. You are taking quite a trip! When I told DH about it, he was also impressed. Wish we could stay at the fort for 2 weeks. But I guess if you're driving as far as you guys then I would make it worth it too. So, are you camping on the way there and back too? And do you home school also, since you're able to spend that much time away?

Jsmla - love your camper! If we end up having a monsoon while we are there, you may find us knocking on your door. ;)

(Or, maybe 7, to be perfectly honest I'm not entirely certain.)

Not much has been accomplished lately on the trip preparation front. Scott and I both belong to the "Why Do Anything Calmly Now When You Can Do It in a Panic at the Last Minute" school of thought.

We had electricians all over the house on Monday. They left us with a very :scared1: bill but it's also VERY nice not having extension cords draped all over the kitchen. Scott was home to supervise. I'm afraid I high-tailed it out for lunch and a bit of shopping.

T-9

Got an email from Mickey. Scott was underwhelmed. Am I the only one who gets excited over this sort of thing?

imagejpg3_zps6f3d53e1.jpg

I also made a reservation for House of Blues. We're waiting until the schedule comes out to redeem our movie tickets from MyCoke Rewards.

c1d23b51-8d53-4735-a937-03992475f72c_zps813fafe9.jpg

And I began my packing list-I'm responsible for the inside, Scott takes care of the mats, chairs, etc.

imagejpg5_zps0562a478.jpg

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

T-8

Looks like we've got Disney Trivia and Frozen on our barbecue/sing-along night. Thanks, KPSmithSr!

imagejpg1_zps927b381a.jpg

It's a gorgeous day here in Baton Rouge so I'm washing/airing out Miss Beth's linens.

imagejpg1_zpse6683793.jpg

How early do all of you begin loading up? I'd love to see your packing lists!

Scott just came by to drop off George (AKA our tow vehicle) after getting new tires. We were expecting tires but, now, George needs new brakes :mad:

Here's a pollen-covered George, new tires, bad brakes and all. Scott and Molly are there to provide a little eye candy :)

imagejpg1_zps1451b5e3.jpg

Did I mention that I'm highly allergic to grass and tree pollen? Prolly shouldn't have put those sheets out on the line.

Looks great...well, except maybe that tag on the front. ;-)

Brakes are overrated. Couldn't tell you when the last time was that I used mine.

Allergy to tree pollen + allergy to grass + camping = buy stock in Singulair and Zyrtec

Trust you guys would notice that plate.
I love how you are really pre-trip posting the real details of prepping!
Here it is past midnight, we are supposed to leave (and won't) at 6:00a.m. and I am soooo tired I'm on disboard.

I want to document my steps and process via photos like you, next time, so I can figure out why we always have way too much for our space and way too much last minute things to do, that we should have realized and finished earlier. Big Sigh!

And I'm sorry that it's just the way of things, with you sensitive to pollen, :sad1:because seeing your work, with the thought of sleeping in sun-smelling sheets is so relaxingly lovely (I can't relate, see, to allergies- yet).

Love to read more!

Trust you guys would notice that plate.

Hey, seriously, no matter who you pull for, you gotta like Les.

Like A Boss

jsmla,

Nice to see you getting ready. Gives me the itch to pull my popup out and go anywhere this weekend.

Bama Ed

I live in Mississippi so I have been hearing all about it...

Maybe Les should have stirred a little tequila into that pitcher of green smoothies last week. :drinking1

jsmla, I looked at the weather forecast for a week out from today and it looks like you might get a few sprinkles when you arrive over the weekend but then you will be dry but cloudy in the high 80s.

I hope it only rains at night for you.

Bama Ed

Thanks, Bama Ed. Our friends from the UK are there now and it's been pretty rainy. Guess we'll pack the Frogg Toggs.

Planning on some serious packing today, Scott is working a half day, picking up George from the brake repair place and then heading out to the game this evening. (I opted out-it's supposed to be a rainy one.) Hopefully this one will go better for the poor guy.

Scott watched the last game (Mississippi State) with my Dad. My parents are from Mississippi but Dad played for Ole Miss so it worked out. They could loathe MSU together.

We leave in three days. My friend, who lives in Orlando, was camping at the Fort this weekend and packed everything up and went home. She said it was too wet. She said even some campsites were flooded!! Tell me it's not going to be that bad when we are there......I've checked several weather reports and I know it's a toss up in Florida, but it looks like the weather is going to be less wet for our week there. I'm going to prepare for the worst and hope for the best!!

Off to the vet for our travel papers! It's not easy getting a photo of Molly!

imagejpg4_zps27d49049.jpg

imagejpg2_zps788dea52.jpg

imagejpg3_zpse8d7b8b3.jpg

Molly looks slightly pampered...just a little.

Liking your report so far and I'll keep up with ya at the Fort.

As far as last minute packing goes, I try to get a lot done ahead of time, but always seems to be a mad dash at the end. Just the way of things I guess.

You know it's almost time when the bikes go on:cool1:

imagejpg1_zps470283aa.jpg

Molly had a rough morning, the vet wanted, ahem, samples. She walked around with her tail between her legs for hours.

I hate when they want samples...

Good looking bike. I trust you have a basket for Molly to ride in.

Have a magical time! I live in Clearwater about 2 hours from Disney, our weather has been crazy I can't remember the last time we had this much rain in September it's been downpours. Regardless you will have a good time your at Disney! I always bring craft projects to do when weather is bad and we always have a lot of games on board.

Thanks everyone!

The plan is to leave tomorrow somewhere around 2:00 PM and drive to Milton, FL. Scott is the only driver (at least when there's 27 feet of trailer attached to the vehicle) so we're taking two days. It's easier on Molly too.

I still need to:
-Pack my toiletries
-Pack the electronics and all of their various chargers
-Pack Molly's things-this dog is kinda high-maintainence and has a surprisingly large amount of stuff
-Shop for a few groceries we can't get in Florida
-Bake
-Load the fridge/freezer

Today will be shopping and baking day. I'll have to save the rest for tomorrow, kinda need my toothbrush and deodorant .

It's almost time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter