• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Columbus 2006-04-01-Chicago 2006-08-13 Half Marathon Training/Waddling on

magslite said:
OMG - oops! I didn't yet. I went to the site to do it and couldn't yet. That day I registered for my 5k and for disney half. Since I have commited to doing it in my head, I must have thought I did. :rotfl:

I am glad you asked or I may have just assumed I already registered for all the race.

Maggie

Well, I'll ask you again in two days! You can ask me if I did it yet then too. Congrats for registering for the 5K and Disney half!

Chicago Distance Clssic registration opend up today.....I'M IN!! :-)

Who is next?

lizdotcom99 said:
Chicago Distance Clssic registration opend up today.....I'M IN!! :-)

Who is next?

Darn! I can't get in - the website is down, but I intend to talk to DH about doing it with me. And a friend at work is also interested.

Does anyone know how long the Chicago entry stays open :confused3

I'm having back/hip problems now and do not want to commit to anything just yet.

Thanks!

::MinnieMo

Minnie said:
Does anyone know how long the Chicago entry stays open :confused3

I'm having back/hip problems now and do not want to commit to anything just yet.

Thanks!

::MinnieMo
You have a while to decide...registration did not officially open until today! I think the course capacity is 10,000. This year they are chainging the course again...should be interesting. Last year the course was awesome. Start time is a very early 6:30 am..but nice to get an early start on an August day.

Hope you are feeling better and are able to join us. It really ought to be a good time!

:cheer2: :cheer2:

aww guys, so many events so littel time

i'm not feeling as strongly about the Chicago Classic this year, i have a girls trip to Vegas in the fall and i'm still 'justifying' to myself why i should register for WDW 1/2 2007 -- so i'm going to pass on Chicage this year but it sounds like a GREAT event and one i will keep in mind for the future

i'm off to vote for the pengiun clipart

Liz -- for the columbus 1/2, if you are getting the shirts i'll need two medium long-sleeve t-shirts (unless they run BIG you can get two small) Mom is undecided depending on if the clipart refers to the 13.1 disance or not

WDWFAN9 said:
Me! And DH :Pinkbounc

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Whoo hooo!!! How very exciting! We are really building up a crowd here!! I can't wait til race day! We are going to have such fun!!!

:thumbsup2 :woohoo: :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

Anyone have any thoughts about this....
I am doing the Chicago Marathon and the WDW half- will the CDC be too much? That is my only concern.

I am officially registered!! I can't wait to join you ladies and wear lime green!

Maggie

icunurse_celeste said:
Anyone have any thoughts about this....
I am doing the Chicago Marathon and the WDW half- will the CDC be too much? That is my only concern.

I am no expert by any means....but if it makes you feel any better...the CDC is also sponsored by LaSalle Bank, the same people who do the Chicago Marathon and many people who do the Chicago Marathon use that race as a training tool.....that is what I have read on the website anyway. But since I am only a halfer...I can't really tell you anything from experience. My thinking though is if you are doing the full in September....you should be at half marathon mileage at that point in your training anyway and might just want to call it a long run? Good luck with figuring that out though. I hope you join us for it! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter