• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Columbus 2006-04-01-Chicago 2006-08-13 Half Marathon Training/Waddling on

Hey Liz,

Thanks for the offer of transportation to Columbus! That would be a big help, let me talk it over with my hubby and I will get back to you soon.

oh my, I just checked out the Columbus website and the course goes around the OSU stadium...it will be so easy for my son to cheer for me!

WDWFAN9 said:
Hey Liz, Thanks for the offer of transportation to Columbus! That would be a big help, let me talk it over with my hubby and I will get back to you soon...

oh my, I just checked out the Columbus website and the course goes around the OSU stadium...it will be so easy for my son to cheer for me!
Hey Pat! So, come along! You are also welcome to stay here too. We can work out whatever...just come play with us.
<<======nudge to Pat, come on you know you want to!

Now for my training info,

It was a beautiful "spring day" in January in our Cleveland OH area. I could not resist so I went out to the Towpath to do 2 miles in the mud. It was lovely! I am happy when I am there. I had on my hiking boots and was dressed in slacks, sweater and my winter coat, didn't change from work. Too hot for me. I have Vasque hiking boots I cannot hike in...I have the beginnings of blisters--go figure, but I was out there putting in the steps!

ok, ok, ok......Liz and Lily MADE me do it. I am registered for the Columbus half, and we can work out the details later.

WDWFan9 that is the kewlest picture!!!!!

Now back to the regularly schedule discussion ;)

I know I posted this on the other site- but I plan on doing the CDC. At work these initials mean something completely different....center for disease control not the chicago distance classic.

I live about 1 hour North of Chicago and work in the city. If people want to crash in my spare bedroom, that would be fine and I have a parking at work in the city- probably take a cab from there.

After all, I have to use my new cute lime green outfit- I will have to take a picture of it and post.

Guess what I got in the mail today?

party: party: party: party:

Yep, you guessed...Garmin is mine...all mine!

Yay for Liz! Can't wait to hear all about your love for it.

Celeste, this is great news, our CDC not yours tee hee.

We're havin' a party!
party:

welcome WDWFAN9! glad you are joining us for the CCC on april fools day! if the course is the same as last year, we loop around the Shoe around Mile 9 (i think) it was eeery last year, due to the weather the participants and crowds were thin---when we got to the Shoe we didn't know which way to go. Literally, the back window of a parked car rolled down and an arm waved to direct us. I thought, hmmmm..... the race volunteers are shielding themselves from the weather, what the heck am I doing??

anyhoo --- it'll be a fun time!

i got my 5 miler in today am I'm starting to feel like i'm back in training mode again.

Liz -- how you like your Garmin???

t-shirts --- i have an idea if you don't mind my trying if it's not to late. I did talk with Mom and since she is doing the 5k she doesn't want one saying the half distance on it. i forgot to call my other potential order - my cuz nik. i'll pin her down. what is our timeframe for picking out and orering????

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

DS is going to walk with us :woohoo: He is a freshman at OSU and the half goes around campus.

I'm not sure he will be willing to wear a lime green shirt though, but I am excited to share this experience with him. And speaking of shirts, oh mom, I had suggested a "generic" shirt that could be worn by all WISHers, whether they are going to Columbus, Chicago, DL, or WDW, what do you think?

just playing in photoshop -- what about something like this??
pengiun.jpg

Mom is doing the 5k so i was wondering if we could avoid using the mileage for those doing the 5k and not the half?? just tossing out thoughts...........

Hi there, sorry I have been MIA...it has been crazy busy here!! Molly, great job on the tshirt thing...I love it.

Here were a few more ideas....compliments of Julia&Nicks Mom
wishpeng.jpg

and
diswishwoman.jpg
and this one
diswishpenguin.jpg
I guess we need to work on picking one and having some shirts done.....I will work on getting all the designs in pne place and we can choose what we want to do....Sound like a plan... I will get all the pictures from all the places that people have them, take a poll and figure out from there how to proceed.

I need to get my 6 miler in today...so I will be back a bit later to get the tshirt thing done.

Happy training all....we are only 8 weeks away from race day! Can you beleive it?

Those are really cute, I don't know which is my favorite. My son drew a picture of a penguin and I thought about having that put on a shirt for myself. Warms a mother's heart.

I have already officially registered for the Chicago classic! I live 30 min west of the city so I really have no excuse!

I LOVE those shirts. I have a new found love for penguins. :)

August will be so much fun. Can't wait to hang with the WISHers.

Liz - those pictures are great.

Maggie

Can I make a suggestion? Last summer, a wonderful DISer did a custom graphic for my girlfriend and me, when we were going away for a girls' only weekend to WDW. She sent me the graphic file, which I then took to Aztec Printing on a disk together with 2 tee shirts for Judy and me. Aztec created iron on transfers and did them for a total of about $20. I found really cute scoop neck tee's at Kohl's for about $5, so the cost was very reasonable. If someone created the graphic file and sent it to everyone, then each person could find the kind of shirt they want and get the file converted to a transfer and applied to their shirt. Not sure how everyone feels about that, but it really does cut down on the work for the coordinator. I still don't know how Carrie and her DH managed to coordinate so many different kinds of shirts, collect payment, place the order, ship, etc. for WDW marathon weekend.

The one thing I'd suggest is that everyone agrees on a color (maybe something that most of us have seen at Target) and the person who creates the graphic makes the colors as dramatic and the quality as extreme as possible to get a good quality transfer.

What do you think?

magslite said:
I have already officially registered for the Chicago classic! I live 30 min west of the city so I really have no excuse!

I LOVE those shirts. I have a new found love for penguins. :)

August will be so much fun. Can't wait to hang with the WISHers.

Liz - those pictures are great.

Maggie

Hey Maggie,
How did you register already? I know online registration starts 2/01- did you do it via snail mail?
C

icunurse_celeste said:
Hey Maggie,
How did you register already? I know online registration starts 2/01- did you do it via snail mail?
C

OMG - oops! I didn't yet. I went to the site to do it and couldn't yet. That day I registered for my 5k and for disney half. Since I have commited to doing it in my head, I must have thought I did. :rotfl:

I am glad you asked or I may have just assumed I already registered for all the race.

Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter