College Program Roles

Saud

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to apply for the College Program, but I'm wondering what roles they have?

Last edited:
Right now people have been assigned to custodial, merchandise, life guard, housekeeping, photopass, quick service/food and beverage, character attendant, attractions, parking, concierge and there are some others. There have not been any auditions for entertainment. Since the program restarted in June 2020 applicants have not been able to note their top choices or give any choice at all. All assignments have been based on Disney's needs at that time. Unfortunately, applicants have had to accept the offer and pay the fee before knowing what role they will be assigned. You really have to be willing to do anything offered at this time.

Let's say that you have a food allergy and you get assigned QS or a custodial role. QS could be navigated but custodial could be a huge problem. What recourse do you have to go back and say, hey DCP, could we try again?

If you need medical accommodations, there is a form that needs to be completed and returned when you get an offer. The form does require your physician to complete. Specific food allergies would be addressed in this.

Disney just announced a return to Daily Housekeeping for Deluxe Resort Guests and I was just wondering where the castmember staffing would come from. Unless I am wrong and Disney has an abundance of full time w/ benefit positions that were just magically filled in the month of January. Are the college program allowed to accept daily housekeeping tips ?

Disney just announced a return to Daily Housekeeping for Deluxe Resort Guests and I was just wondering where the castmember staffing would come from. Unless I am wrong and Disney has an abundance of full time w/ benefit positions that were just magically filled in the month of January. Are the college program allowed to accept daily housekeeping tips ?
HK is not normally filled by cp's. Many are filled by 'English is not your first language ' individuals.
CP's are assigned easily trained roles. Roles that Disney can move you around quickly if need be.

Let's say that you have a food allergy and you get assigned QS or a custodial role. QS could be navigated but custodial could be a huge problem. What recourse do you have to go back and say, hey DCP, could we try again?
You want to voice your needs BUT gently. If you have too many concern, you may be stepped over.

HK is not normally filled by cp's. Many are filled by 'English is not your first language ' individuals.
CP's are assigned easily trained roles. Roles that Disney can move you around quickly if need be.
Housekeeping was listed in the post above in response to the original post.

They do so many different roles. Some examples that havent been mentioned is boat transportation, child activities, house person - not to be confused w/ house keeping, driver for the kilimanjaro safari, restaurant seater. There are so many.

If you need accommodations, get them in ASAP. It is not a fast process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter