College Program Parents Thread...

wendow

We create happiness.
My DD was in the Spring 2020 program that was sent home.
I wonder, IF Fall 2020 gets to go, how will they handle the DCPs and their free entry into parks? Being that Disney is limiting capacity, I would think DCPs would lose that privilege of getting into parks. After the Spring Program was cut short, my DD filled out a survey saying she would be willing to come back (doubt Disney will have Spring DCPs back anyway) but she says she wouldn't want to go back if she lost that perk (plus she doesnt think she could handle face masks in that heat).
I hope they let the Fall 2020 kids know soon as, I know from experience, how much money is spent by parents getting the kids to Florida and buying stuff for their apartments. I sure spent a lot on what was supposed to be a 6 month program that ended up only being 2 months.
Also, I definitely don’t think they will bring the spring kids back. Even though they filled out the survey, Disney later sent them that email basically saying they had no bumping rights and their program was complete.

jdd

DIS Veteran
Sad day for my niece. Hope everyone from the spring and fall programs gets another chance.

AnnaS

DIS Sponsoor/Veteran
Just saw an article in the Orlando Sentinel - College Program suspended indefinitely :sad1:

• TG in NJ

Earning My Ears
    Looks like DCP suspended for now. Upside is there's more time to research and prepare for when applications open up again. Looking for your best tips on what mattered most in your son/daughter's application success. All tips welcome on experience to get that will improve application chances.

Boopuff

DIS Veteran
    My DD did the DCP a few years ago. She had a fairly strong resume - held a job for several years, clubs and activities in college (plus worked while in college). I'd have to say having work experience is key. (at least my DD said they commented on her work history). Also watch many of the on-line videos about the interview process. Prep for the interview, my DD had notes right in front of her to be ready for all questions! Best of luck. Hopefully DCP will be back is session soon!

doombuggy

DIS Veteran
    I would go out on a limb and say it will probably be awhile before the DCP is started up again. While I didn't get cut from my job there, there are tons of f/t people that are being redistributed across property since all resorts, etc. are not open. The laid off people (at least in the unions) have a 2 year recall time period. So my guess, after 24 years with this company, is that DCP doesn't come back until at least 2022.

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
    I would go out on a limb and say it will probably be awhile before the DCP is started up again. While I didn't get cut from my job there, there are tons of f/t people that are being redistributed across property since all resorts, etc. are not open. The laid off people (at least in the unions) have a 2 year recall time period. So my guess, after 24 years with this company, is that DCP doesn't come back until at least 2022.
    I concur.....my DS still is on furlough; his leader said that he will be updated on December 4, but his position will be held until October 1, 2021.

• Firepath

DIS Veteran
    My DD did the DCP a few years ago. She had a fairly strong resume - held a job for several years, clubs and activities in college (plus worked while in college). I'd have to say having work experience is key. (at least my DD said they commented on her work history). Also watch many of the on-line videos about the interview process. Prep for the interview, my DD had notes right in front of her to be ready for all questions! Best of luck. Hopefully DCP will be back is session soon!
    Also living independently. They don’t say it but sadly I think that makes a big difference.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.