Cold front coming?

chanty

DIS Veteran
I know, I know - I shouldn't be looking at the weather so far out (leaving next Sunday)... But is there a cold front coming next Tuesday...and staying for a week? Calling for 71 all week from Tuesday! Not really complaining but it would cooler than expected!

Chantal

Ok, seriously? Every time we go down, it gets unseasonably cool. (Although this rule did not apply this past June!). DH and DD6 will be thrilled, as neither likes super hot weather, but DS8 and I will not be too happy if we don't get some good Florida heat while we're there. Hoping this is just a temporary drop, and that temps will pick back up to the low to mid 80s at some point during our stay (10/26 - 11/4).

Ok, seriously? Every time we go down, it gets unseasonably cool. (Although this rule did not apply this past June!). DH and DD6 will be thrilled, as neither likes super hot weather, but DS8 and I will not be too happy if we don't get some good Florida heat while we're there. Hoping this is just a temporary drop, and that temps will pick back up to the low to mid 80s at some point during our stay (10/26 - 11/4).

Lol...those are our dates, too! We'll be at POP. :goodvibes When we went last Oct., there was an unexpected cold front and two of our days didn't even make it up to 70. We were totally unprepared! This year I am packing for every type of weather! 5 more days! Have a safe trip and hopefully the weather will be great for both of us! :goodvibes

laura428 said:

Hahaha! Expect the unexpected right? ;)
We'll be there from Oct 28 to Nov 3! Have a good trip!

Chantal

Expect the unexpected in Florida. I have seen snow in Orlando at Christmas time to 85 on the first day of Winter last year.

I certainly hope there is a cold front coming! I am soooooooo tired of this heat and humidity. It's October for Pete's sake! However, today was absolutely gorgeous. It was 68 when I drove in to work at 9:00 AM. It was 76 on my drive home at 7:30. I worked on Main Street for a little bit today and it was perfect.

Have a great trip!

I am positively ecstatic that the temps will be in the 70s the week of Halloween! To me that will be perfect weather I will just take a hoodie or something for the evenings. My trip is oct 27 to nov 2nd. Can't wait!

I hope it's true, we are ready for cooler weather in FL!! This heat needs to go! However, I never get too excited. "cold" here means it's in the 60's maybe 50's in the morning and back to 70's and 80's in the afternoon. Granted 70's and 80's is better than the insane heat we have had, but I wish we could get some days where the cold did not last a couple of hours.

We'll be there Oct 24-28 and I hope all we have to deal with is a cold front.
I've been watching Invest 99-L in the Caribbean and it looks like depending on how that system develops and where it tracks Florida can get alot of rain later this week.

If this storm is named it would be "Sandy". Go away Sandy. I don't like you. :snooty:

Low 70's sound like heaven! It was so hot and humid when we were there the first week of Oct. Very rainy too! :beach:

We're driving so we have no weight limits on our luggage. We can (and will) pack for any type of weather!

Ugh.... tropical storm?? Boo.

map_specnews17_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.jpg

Although I'd much prefer the 70s for our trip (leaving Sat!) the kids want to swim and won't enjoy getting out of that pool if it's cooler! Touring will be more pleasant, though. I love temps in the 60s-70s.

All I ask, is that it doesn't rain the majority of our trip. We can handle any other weather bumps.

We're there 28th -10th, really hoping for great weather. Kids are looking forward to swiming just as much as the parks!

We are there 10/31 to 11/11, and the forecast I looked at today kinda backed-off the 'low temps and rain' I saw over the weekend. Seems like it is a little cooler when we get there (70's), but they are calling for it to get back to the 80's by next weekend.

I NEED that Florida heat or it just doesn't feel like a vacation!!!

like pp's said expect the unexpected, this is Florida. We never know what the weathers going to be like. It's absolutely gorgeous right now, so glad the heat wave is over :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter