Coffee Anyone???

darlaya

Mouseketeer
Hello my fellow Disney lovers. I am having lots of fun planning my first solo trip in January. Just wondering if anyone else brings their own coffee...and dare I say electric tea kettle and French Press:rolleyes1

Even though I will have a refillable mug for resort fill-ups, I have never heard of Joffrey coffee and I kind of like being able to take my time in the morning and just relax with my coffee.

Anyone else?

I bring my Community Coffee. I usually stay Value and also bring a travel coffee maker when there's not one in the room.

I love using a french press too! But quite honestly, it seems like a lot of work...what if the french press breaks in your luggage? Since you have a refillable mug, i'd just fill up with Joffreys coffee in the cafe. But thats just me. :)

Hi Darlaya,
Unfortunately, I will miss you by seven days. Arriveing Jan. 18th (VGF).
Otherwise, I would enjoy meeting another DVC'er over coffee.
Crewsline (Paul)

Joffrey's is just a half-step better than Dunkin's, IMO. Drinkable, but if you're used to french press, you're going to be disappointed. That said, I would just suck it up and get the coffee that comes with the mug. Personally, I wouldn't want to carry a french press in my suitcase.

BUT, if you're going to be chillin' out in your room a lot, and enjoying coffee there frequently, it might be worth it.

(Despite my screen-name, I am most certainly NOT a Dunkin' fan. So, saying Joffrey's is a half-step better is not really clearing a very high bar.)

Joffrey's is just a half-step better than Dunkin's, IMO. Drinkable, but if you're used to french press, you're going to be disappointed. That said, I would just suck it up and get the coffee that comes with the mug. Personally, I wouldn't want to carry a french press in my suitcase.

BUT, if you're going to be chillin' out in your room a lot, and enjoying coffee there frequently, it might be worth it.

(Despite my screen-name, I am most certainly NOT a Dunkin' fan. So, saying Joffrey's is a half-step better is not really clearing a very high bar.)

Thanks for the info...very helpful. I am leaning towards bringing my french press as an indulgence that makes me feel good :coffee: Everyone's comments have really helped me to think through whether its worth the effort.

Boston Ed, I am a New Englander also and not a Dunkin fan either.

Thanks for the info...very helpful. I am leaning towards bringing my french press as an indulgence that makes me feel good :coffee: Everyone's comments have really helped me to think through whether its worth the effort.

Boston Ed, I am a New Englander also and not a Dunkin fan either.
Bring your coffee, electric kettle, and French press. You will save so much time not walking to the food court and back to fill a plastic mug with not so good coffee. While your kettle is coming to a boil and your French press is steeping you can be getting ready for your day. Be sure to bring along your favorite coffee mug and enjoy your morning. Sounds good to me.....
and I don’t even drink coffee!

Last edited:

I always bring my own coffee. I buy the empty pods, fill 'em with my fav coffee and I can use the cheap coffee makers in the rooms.

Most importantly, buy a jug of bottled drinking water to use for your coffee... Florida water will ruin any pot of coffee no matter the bean or brewing method!

I don't think it is really the coffee that is bad but the Florida water. I bring my own coffee from home and it never tastes the same as it does at home. I use bottled water now for it. I think even washing your mug in the water seems to change the taste.

I'm not as negative on Florida water as a lot of people. I drink it straight out of the tap, I don't care. BUT I do make an exception when brewing coffee; I used bottled/filtered water.

I think Joffrey's is pretty good! I prefer what I've had to Starbucks. Their cold brew in the parks is quite good.

The one Starbucks product I really do like for travel are the VIA instant packets. Add a dash from one to your resort coffee and that's gonna be a strong cup of coffee.

So as I have been having fun planning my trip, I discovered that Disney Visa cardholders get 20% off Joffrey Coffee orders. Being curious, I ordered some coffee to try out...special Disney blends, of course. So far, I have tried the coffee served at Le Cellier. It's a dark roast and I must say that I am really enjoying it as my morning coffee. I have two others to try as well. All this to say that it is all part of building my anticipation for actually being on site...with my french press and special Disney blend, of course:coffee::cool1:

I can't say enough about the AeroPress. It's my go-to travel coffee maker because it is so compact, and because it's all plastic (but no bad plastics). It makes a fabulous cup of coffee. I have a little hand grinder and it and the AP travel in a dopp bag with me everywhere. You can pick up an AeroPress at Bed Bath and Beyond or Amazon and you'll love it. Plenty of how to's and recipes on line as well. It's a can't miss if you love coffee. Remember, life is too short to drink bad coffee!

I have a French press at home, but don't bring it with me. I typically stay in DVC villas w/Kitchens, so there is a drip coffee maker. That's close enough that I can live with it.

I use the coffee in the room but its pretty weak so I also bring Starbucks VIA packs and add some to it - maybe 1/2 pack. I also use bottled water.

I’ve done that at work with weak coffee. I call super-coffee.

I know this might be blasphemy for coffee lovers but I like those VIA packets a lot. I plan on bringing them along on my trip and just not bothering with the food court stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter