Code watch for September 2017

Well here's irony for you:

Initially wanted All-Star Movies due to the theming..well my husband wanted to wait to book it but one night I was checking in Feb and oh no All-Star Movies Standard Rooms were sold out at that time (and through other non-Disney direct places as well)....sooooo we switched to All-Star Sports Standard Room. I got used to the idea of this and all. Really I wanted Standard Room in hopes that it would give me the best chance for more peace and quiet......

So I knew the Room Only discount was dropping today. I happened to wake up at 5:30am Central time and saw the discount was available for 20% off but no Standard Rooms were available :sad1:. Alas guess what was available......Preferred Rooms :crazy2: which is the whole reason why I switched from Movies to Sports was because only Preferred Rooms were left at Movies :rotfl2:.

Anywho my husband was waking up at 6:30am for work and I decided ugh I'm going back to sleep til then as I was foggy brained and didn't want to mess something up. I figured if the discount was still available when I woke up it was good and if it wasn't then well we already had planned on spending the Rack Rate anyways.

So 6:30am comes and I log on to my computer through Chrome but :eek: the "Change Reservation" button has a spinning symbol instead of a button. I'm like 'I so don't want to have to call'. I check my phone and see that I can do it there but I was nervous about doing it on my phone so I use Edge (side note Edge sucks with Windows 10 and I hate it when I have to use it). Luckily Edge was having some love for me today and it was going smoothly and yeah oh baby that "Change Reservation" button was there. Went through the steps and the end resolution saved $83.53 total but had to switch from Standard Room to Preferred Room. I could have switched back to All-Star Movies but in a Preferred Room and it would have been something like $4-$5 more than what the new total was at All-Star Sports but I was like 'nah not going to press my luck'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TL: DR Moved from All-Star Movies to All-Star Sports when booking back in Feb. because Standard Rooms were sold out at Movies. Room Only discount comes out today and Standard Rooms at All-Star Sports not included (at least from what I was seeing) so switched to Preferred Rooms and saved a grand total of $83.53 :laughing: .

I dont remember historic discounts, but I thought 25% off Deluxes was on the low side.

I've had no luck. We went thru a travel agent. He didn't get thru, but I did. Of course they couldn't apply any discount to our reservation because it's thru a third party. And there were no rooms available in the category we wanted for our dates to make a new reservation. So we texted our "third party" told him what number to call & he's on hold. ☹️ The stress & waiting is killing me. :faint:

I woke up around 6 am, and the discount for the BC wasn't as good as I thought (it was maybe a $40 discount a night) but they did have YC rooms for about $288 a night. (And I'm assuming the AP discount will save me more when it comes out). Grabbed that because it looked like they were selling out quickly, but now I can't cancel BC. Or call. So I guess I'll just wait till that cancel button comes back.

I've had no luck. We went thru a travel agent. He didn't get thru, but I did. Of course they couldn't apply any discount to our reservation because it's thru a third party. And there were no rooms available in the category we wanted for our dates to make a new reservation. So we texted our "third party" told him what number to call & he's on hold. ☹️ The stress & waiting is killing me. :faint:

It's my understanding you would have to cancel the original reservation anyway, if you went through a third party or not. They typically don't apply discounts to already standing reservations, you have to cancel what you have and make an entirely new reservation, no?

I woke up around 6 am, and the discount for the BC wasn't as good as I thought (it was maybe a $40 discount a night) but they did have YC rooms for about $288 a night. (And I'm assuming the AP discount will save me more when it comes out). Grabbed that because it looked like they were selling out quickly, but now I can't cancel BC. Or call. So I guess I'll just wait till that cancel button comes back.

Any idea what happened to the cancel button??? I too now have two reservations. The phone lines are impossible right now.

Basically nothing available for The Poly. Switched over to the Boardwalk for my first stay of my split-stay. Super bummed that I won't be at the Poly but I love Boardwalk to death, saving 300 bucks more than I would have with Poly discounted, and will be able to now walk to Food and Wine so life is good!

party:

Any idea what happened to the cancel button??? I too now have two reservations. The phone lines are impossible right now.
Maybe because it's so busy? I was hoping it was because I'm on my phone and it might work if I try the computer. But I can't do that till later in the day. If not I guess I'll try to call later or tomorrow.

I had this same problem. I woke up early and booked a new room with the discount but there was no option to cancel the room i had booked previously. When i got into work and tried the cancel option was back. I was using my tablet this morning so I don't know if that had anything to do with it? Maybe try from a computer if you haven't already.

I'm in the same boat as you. I had Beach Club booked but switched to Yacht club this morning because of the discount. Ill have to start reading up on the refurbishment stuff they have going on and hopefully it won't be too bad! I'm just excited to be in the Epcot area resorts! I'm also waiting for annual pass discounts to see if those are any better.

It's my understanding you would have to cancel the original reservation anyway, if you went through a third party or not. They typically don't apply discounts to already standing reservations, you have to cancel what you have and make an entirely new reservation, no?
If you have a "Change Reservation" button you are able to modify your existing reservation and apply the offer you want (see my comment post #161 for what I had to do for mine with internet browser issues) via online.

I have the same reservation number as before. I know the wording many use on the boards is you are canceling your current reservation. IDK if that's what in the behind the scenes computer programming it is doing or not though when you are doing the "Change Reservation" where you can then change the "Vacation Offer". I know you can however do a new reservation and cancel the old one. I think I've read in various places that sometimes the room category or resort wasn't showing up as available when doing a "Change Reservation" but was showing up when doing a whole new reservation so there is that.

Now I was only doing a Room Category switch not a resort switch but I know that was an option for me at least if I had wanted to do that..I don't know if it would have worked out in the end as I didn't complete those steps but it would be the same principle I would assume as a Room Category switch.

I know it's a hit or miss with even having the option for "Change Reservation" button though.

I keep getting busy signal. Nothing online. I'm at bc right now. Might be my first year without discount. Sucky.

Was able to snag a Royal Room at POR for 20% off - score!! I also went ahead and bought my tickets, but it didn't ask me anything about the MagicBand. Does the customization for that come closer to time? I'd like to at least have a chance to choose from the free basic colors, and stick our names on them.

Was able to snag a Royal Room at POR for 20% off - score!! I also went ahead and bought my tickets, but it didn't ask me anything about the MagicBand. Does the customization for that come closer to time? I'd like to at least have a chance to choose from the free basic colors, and stick our names on them.

Congrats!!! You can customize them on your My Disney Experience(MDE) page on the Disney site. Just sign in and go to the My Disney Experience tab and go down to Magic Bands and Cards. You have until like 30 days out to customize.

You can go into My Disney Experience and set up your Magic Bands anytime up about a month before you go. You can set up each person on your reservation.

Strange - my tickets show up in MDE just fine - but the MagicBand page claims I don't have any tickets linked to the account. I do though! I may end up having to contact the tech support people sometime this week and get that straightened out.

What a disaster. On the phone for 2 hours and 30 mins with two date changes only to be told nothing available for my dates and resort POR 9-25-10-1

Keep trying online. For hours I was getting nothing. Finally got the discounts for both my resorts in my split-stay. The Poly discounts seemed to have just opened!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter