Cocoa Beach

DizMare

Mouseketeer
Are there 5 hours of things to do in Cocoa for me, dh, dd (12) and ds (11) on a Sunday in November?

I ask because I'm checking airfares for that time, and they're pretty dear except for one leaving at 6 pm. That would mean we'd have 5 hours or so of sightseeing time on our hands from the time we exit the ship on Sunday morning.

What say you, oh cruisers?

DizMare,
We went to Kennedy Space Center. It is about 30-45 minute's from port. Hubby and I really enjoyed it, I think your kids would too.

We went for a great Air Boat Ride in the town of Christmas. It is called Midway Airboats, its about 1/2 hour ride from port on Rt. 50. I'm at work right now and don't have the exact address or directions. Can post again tomorrow when I get home and dig through vacation stuff.

It was alot of fun.... The air boats hold about 30 people and they take you onto a river and through an everglade. You see a lot of alligators, turtles, all sorts of birds and even a few herds of cattle. They stop so you can see/take pictures of the alligators and other wildlife. They give you alittle history of the area also. You have to wear ear protectors because of the noise coming from the fan that propells the airboat. The ride lasts about an hour and is a lot of fun. Our family DH40's, myself, DD at the time 13, and my DM60's had a great time.

If you are renting a car and flying out of Orlando you could go just about anywhere and spend some time. Like Downtown Disney, DisneyQuest, one of the Parks (though that may be rushed), Outlet shopping, Kennedy Space Center, etc.

MJ

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest