• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coast to Coast Challenge

lauriko

Mouseketeer
So I'm signed up for the SW Dark Side Half and the Disneyland Half. I'm thinking of signing up for Wine & Dine as well. With the new rules, would I be getting 2 C2C medals?

As I understand it...no, 1. You get 2 if you also quality for the pink C2C or the Kessel run medal.

So if you did, say, SW at Disenyland and WDW, as well as Wine & Dine, you'd get Kessel run and the blue C2C...

ok, thanks! That's what I was thinking too, but then I got that wild idea as well when I read through the new rules again.

When I read the new rules, I got the impression that you can double dip and get 2 C2C. one for SW and DL Half , and another one for DL Half and W&D.

nope, only 1 of each kind per year. Meaning you can only get one regular C2C and can't double on it. Although you can use multiple events to qualify for the various C2C categories. This means you now can get 2 DIFFERENT C2C while only doing 3 events instead of previously needing to do 4...but this also means that it only helps in getting the regular medal. It is kind of confusing but I think these are the situations

For example:

Marathon Weekend (Disney World) + Star Wars (Disneyland) = 1 Regular C2C
+ Star Wars (Disney World) = Kessel Run C2C
+ Disneyland Half + Superheroes = SQUAT

Marathon Weekend (Disney World) + Tinker Bell (Disneyland) = 1 Regular C2C
+ Princess (Disney World) = Pink C2C
(I think, in this case, you'd actually pick up BOTH C2C medals on the Tinker Bell weekend - since that would be on the 2nd coast).

I thought you'd also get multiple, but I saw some site (which I can't find now) explain it and unfortunately NO. You can only get 1 of each kind.

Thanks for the clarification..

I was hoping to get a 2nd C2C for Avengers after Kessel Run, oh well..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter