CNN link - Pete sends his mom to Disney World

He's not wrong. I would absolutely feel safer in WDW during a hurricane.

I hope everyone down there stays safe these next couple days!

I wonder if the CNN reporter knew that Pete Werner is not just another Orlando resident? Although we know Pete to be very upfront, open and honest with his thoughts and opinions, those that may not know him, see him on something like this piece, and then later find out about this site, the podcast, and the travel agency could get the wrong impression.

I kinda wish the reporter added some disclosures, just like Pete and company always do. This is more on the CNN reporter, but then again, we don't know the backstory on how Pete got interviewed.

Thanks for posting the link. I agree 100%. My friend is a cast member, and in 2017 she said to me (we were there during Hurricane Irma and were staying at OKW) you are in the safest place you could be.

I wonder if the CNN reporter knew that Pete Werner is not just another Orlando resident? Although we know Pete to be very upfront, open and honest with his thoughts and opinions, those that may not know him, see him on something like this piece, and then later find out about this site, the podcast, and the travel agency could get the wrong impression.

I kinda wish the reporter added some disclosures, just like Pete and company always do. This is more on the CNN reporter, but then again, we don't know the backstory on how Pete got interviewed.

I was thinking that too! How nice it would’ve been to let the audience know who he is. He’s the man to know for all things Disney!
It also would have added some gravitas to the interview knowing the person speaking wasn't just some random person the crew happened to encounter at the airport. It was a travel industry professional, somebody who knows of what he speaks.

Thanx for providing the link to watch. He was great. And I think he's absolutely correct that WDW is one of the safest places I think you could be in an emergency.

That's why I kept my plans to go to WDW in Dec. 2001, 3 months after 9/11. Many of my friends couldn't believe I'd want to be "in such a possible terrorist target", as they all put it. I reminded them that as a 20+ year emergency management (which then evolved to include Homeland Security) professional, I felt there was no safer place for me to be, if anyplace could be safe. I still believe that. And if, God forbid, it was NOT safe, there would be nowhere else I'd want to be.

Last edited:
Thanx for providing the link to watch. He was great. And I think he's absolutely correct that WDW is one of the safest places I think you could be in an emergency.

That's why I kept my plans to go to WDW in Dec. 2001, 3 months after 9/11. Many of my friends couldn't believe I'd want to be "in such a possible terrorist target", as they all put it. I reminded them that as a 20+ year emergency management (which then evolved to include Homeland Security) professional, I felt there was no safer place for me to be, if anyplace could be safe. I still believe that. And if, God forbid, it was NOT safe, there would be nowhere else I'd want to be.

Well, I believe your insights were, and still are, correct. Ooops....I forgot to thank you first as an emergency management responder; my apologies and gratitude <lays down crown>. That takes not only vision, but in my opinion, more courage.

Well, I believe your insights were, and still are, correct. Ooops....I forgot to thank you first as an emergency management responder; my apologies and gratitude <lays down crown>. That takes not only vision, but in my opinion, more courage.
:o

Thank you. I was not usually field personnel, although I was "boots on the ground" during more than 1 emergency, when needs dictated, and also spent nights in shelters - whether as staff, or a few times as an evacuee. I was mainly "behind the scenes staff", calltaker, triage, logistics, planning, purchasing, record keeping, etc. That was my full time, paid job. I was also a volunteer Deputy Emergency Management Coordinator for a municipality for a number of years.

:o

Thank you. I was not usually field personnel, although I was "boots on the ground" during more than 1 emergency, when needs dictated, and also spent nights in shelters - whether as staff, or a few times as an evacuee. I was mainly "behind the scenes staff", calltaker, triage, logistics, planning, purchasing, record keeping, etc. That was my full time, paid job. I was also a volunteer Deputy Emergency Management Coordinator for a municipality for a number of years.

Behind the scenes is where I found the most courageous and unsung heroes of all; this is where my gratitude heart lies. As a former C-level employee/resource, I have many years of experience to lift-up those up that truly serve WITHOUT recognition.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I know where I'd place my chips in a poker tournament given dedication/support/passion. I no longer "need" to concede to corporate mandates and am blessed to use my insight to inspire others to be.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter