C'Mon Stanley Cup Playoffs

Let's go BLUUUUUESSSSSSS!!!!

Have to add graphics.

images

Omg, the Caps are killing me with stress! Keeping my fingers crossed for Tuesday. I said all along that I only cared that they won the first and seventh games, lol. Now, if we can just GET to that game 7!

Well I can finally breathe again. Good gracious, we practically handed them the game on a silver platter in the 3rd period. Definitely thought momentum was in the Caps favor going into OT, but we came out with a vengeance.

Whew!! Good series. Even better outcome (for this fan)!

LET'S GO PENS!!!!

I hate both the Caps and Pens so I didn't care who won, but that was a good game! I was very amused by the consecutive "delay of game" penalties...

Now I need Dallas to kick the crap out of the Blues. I typically hate Dallas, but they have Sharpie, Oduya and Nemo so they get some love from me.

Sharks need to repeat their play of game 5 in game 7 and send Nashville home for good.

The best hockey game I ever saw in person was a game 7 win (early round) a few years ago Sharks over the Red Wings. I need that again Thursday night!

The Sharks are a bit of a forgotten team here in the Bay Area - I love the Warriors & I think they'll go all the way again this year, but DANG! They're taking our thunder!

I hate both the Caps and Pens so I didn't care who won, but that was a good game! I was very amused by the consecutive "delay of game" penalties...

Oh man, that 3rd period was pure torture for a Pens fan. Pens got lucky Ovechkin had an off night. Heard today the three consecutive delay of game penalties is a new NHL record. :rolleyes: Kunitz and Bonino's were high sticks, but Cole's wasn't -- just a hard hit that went bad. They had to call it, but it was killing me. I still think Ovechkin had a delay of game in OT, but it wasn't called.

OT was exciting, and I'll give Beagle credit -- his save was amazing. I don't watch Sports Center but it should've been the play of the day (but they never choose hockey.) :sad2:

I suppose I'll root for the Blues. They've been in the league longest without winning it all.

They've never even made the Finals IMO. 1968-70 doesn't count. Those were by default.

I suppose I'll root for the Blues. They've been in the league longest without winning it all.

They've never even made the Finals IMO. 1968-70 doesn't count. Those were by default.

If you don't count '68-'70, then no. No Conference championships.

That was before I watched hockey. But yes, in those first 3 years after expansion, the de facto Stanley Cup Championship was the the second round between the Original Six teams. Blues were swept 4-0 in each of those years, twice by Montreal, once by Boston.

I would have thought that with Dallas having so much cup experience on their bench they would have been more competitive...what a snooze fest.

If you don't count '68-'70, then no. No Conference championships.

I don't think there were Conference championships, per se, until the 1982 season.

During 68-70, it was the East Original Six vs. the West Expansion Six.
In 71, Chicago shifted to the west, and Buffalo and Vancouver joined the east. But it was possible for two teams in the same conferences (Prince of Wales and Clarence Campbell) to meet in the Finals during the 70s and very early 80s.

Boston vs NYRangers in 72.
Montreal vs Boston in 77 and 78.
Montreal vs. NYRangers in 79.
Philadelphia vs NYIslanders in 80.

Happy that the Blue won last night. Hopefully they can make the Finals.

I really hope the Sharks can hold on to this 2-0 lead.

3-0 now, with Logan Couture pouncing on another defensive mistake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter