• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CM killed at MK today

safetymom

dis veteran
Breaking news, a CM was killed at MK today. It happened off stage right before the parade was to go out into the parks. Not a lot of information at this point.

How sad.

I just read the article on it in the Orlando Sentinal online. I came on to hear to see if anyone knew anything more. The article said it was a costumed character believed to have been hit by a float from the parade around 3:15. It did say that it was out of site from the guests. I wonder if the local new stations will have more on this....that is terrible. My heart goes out to the CM's family......

The local stations here in Orlando aren't saying much more than what you just said. Maybe tonight at 10 or 11 the news will have more.

Thoughts and Prayers are very much appreciated by the extended Disney "family". The CM was one of those that was friends with eveyone and will be missed dearly.

I was off of work today, but to my knowledge it was the second to the last float (which is the Princess float) and the CM is a walking character with the finale float, somehow he got caught up in the float...not sure if a section of the float broke away or if he got caught on something, regardless it was out of guest view at the parade start (not the end) and is a huge loss for all that knew him...

Prayers to the family and lots of hugs to my friends that are grieving right now :(

This is so terribly sad. Prayers to the CM's family and extended (Disney) family and friends.

Our prayers to the CM and his family at this time.

God has prepared the perfect place for all his cildren and this CM will be at peace. with his Father.

God Bless

Wow... I have tears in my eyes typing this.. how sad.. and senseless... sometimes things just don't make sense..... An ordinary day at work... and what could have happened?? I am sure that all of you feel the same as I in our heartfelt sadness for all of the friends and family of Javier.... I for one will always remember Javier every time I watch a Disney parade... knowing that his spirit will always live on .......

Kathy

I'm so terribly sorry. His family and friends will be in my prayers tonight.

How very sad. I will be remembering Javier, and his family, in my prayers.

I heard on the way in today :(

This is so sad. :(

I leave in 8 days to go and I know I'll be thinking of him when I see the parade (if they still run it).

At least it's unlikely that any kids saw the accident :( That would have been sad too. :(

My sister in law was just leaving the park for the last time when it happened, went to the Poly to catch her car for the airport and heard the sirens rushing to the backstage area. How terribly tragic and sad. I am just very surprised that the media hasn't latched on to this like they usually do and made a big deal out of it, especially since Disney is so much in the news these days and since it happened during the press conference onsite with Michael Eisner. Lets pray it doesn't make the mainstream news, for the sake of his family and fellow castmembers.

I don't think any words can truly express our sadness and sympathy. God bless his family and friends. We will always think of him at parade time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter