cm gave me stange DP info.

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
i was on the phone today with a kinda annoying cm (trying too hard to sell me stuff) I called to tell them our flight has changed so they can change the info for magical express. we are staying 2 nights at POP and 5 at BWV. he tried to sell me the dining plan. I told him i already had it for the 5 nights at BWV and he tried selling it to me for the 2 nights at POP but i wouldnt get my AAA discount. He then asked my about my park passes. i told him i was purchasing them elsewhere and he said that disneys prices are the same as everyone elses (NOT TRUE-TICKETMANIA/MOUSEASAVERS WERE CHEAPER). he said i woulnt be able to purchase the diningplan for the 2 days at POP unless i purchased a ticket package through disney. is this true? i chose to decline the 2 meal/plan days at pop. but i plan on buying our park passes through ticketmania. Will i still be able to purchase the dining plan once i get down there at Boardwalk. We are staying there the last 5 days.? DVC already has it on our ressie. we are renting points so im not sure how that works. then the cm asked me who i rented from. i decliine to say and he asked if it was off the internet... i felt the whole conversation was strange... any help? :crazy:

If you are renting dvc points or are a dvc owner staying on points you can get the dining plan without buying a package that requires tickets. If you want the dining plan non dvc then yes you have to buy a package with tickets. You will be fine when you check in at BWV, it does sound like the cm just wanted to sell you a package and scare you off renting points.

Don't worry just skip the dining plan at POP.

The CM was totally correct. We are facing the same situation in Nov. We are staying 9 nights at BCV, but we worked our way around and are able to go couple days early, so we are staying first 2 a POP.......If your not booking thru DVC or renting points you HAVE to purchase at least 1 day passes for all in your party to get the dining.

just to clarify, we have the dining plan for our stay at BCV booked, we had planned on purchasing annual passes when we arrive, so we just decided to purchase one day base tickets to be able to get the dining for 2 days at Pop and then we are taking those to upgrade to AP

disneyobsessed, you'll want to add the dining plan to the DVC reservation if it is not on there already. While it is not paid for until check-in, you do need to have it on your reservation (or so I was told by DVC Member Services about a month ago).

KristinU said:
disneyobsessed, you'll want to add the dining plan to the DVC reservation if it is not on there already. While it is not paid for until check-in, you do need to have it on your reservation (or so I was told by DVC Member Services about a month ago).

Its already on the ressie.

Thanks everyone for your responses! Does anyone think its worth it to get the dining plan for those 2 days? we are flying in at 12:40 so figure we wont hit the POP till about 1:40 if magical express is not backed up. our room at pop is 109 a night (with tax) right now because we booked a preffered. without AAA it will be more then i wont be able to save with mousesavers/ticketmania too. we didnt really plan on eating at any big resturants those days anyways. we were saving them forthe following days.

I don't think I'd add it since it will mess with your tickets and more than likely mess with the price/value. SInce you'd be paying more for the tickets/room the DP would really cost that added amount. The way I have my stuff set up is on DP for a 5 day at OKW 1BR, off for a two days in studio at OKW--where I plan on eating at places not on the DP HOB and RFC--back on plan for 4 nights 1BR and off for 2 nights AKL CL--again at restaurants not covered on DP.

I definitely wouldn't get the DP for your 2 days at Pop because it will be useless to you on your check-out day (valid until midnight that day) because you'll already have a valid one if you check in early at BWV so you'd have to be 100% positive that you'd use all the credits on your check-in day and 2nd day, know what I mean? I wouldn't forsake the discounts on tickets and room for a plan I could only use for 1.5 days.

DebIreland said:
I definitely wouldn't get the DP for your 2 days at Pop because it will be useless to you on your check-out day (valid until midnight that day) because you'll already have a valid one if you check in early at BWV so you'd have to be 100% positive that you'd use all the credits on your check-in day and 2nd day, know what I mean? I wouldn't forsake the discounts on tickets and room for a plan I could only use for 1.5 days.

actually we will be in orlando by 12:40 at the resort by 2pm. on Aug 4

Aug 4 snack at POP TS dinner at MK
Aug 5 snack at POP QS at POP lunch TS at PLanet Hollywood
Aug 6 check out am go to Animal Kingdom and use OS for lunch that i didnt use the first day. check into BWV in the afternoon where i will start another dining plan through them and already have it planned using all meals/snacks

My question is can you use 2 different meal plans on the same day example the day i check out of pop and check into boardwalk id be on 2 different meal plans. is this allowed. We are doing the poly. leu too which counts as 2 table service so that helps us use up the dinners.

disneyobessed said:
actually we will be in orlando by 12:40 at the resort by 2pm. on Aug 4

Aug 4 snack at POP TS dinner at MK
Aug 5 snack at POP QS at POP lunch TS at PLanet Hollywood
Aug 6 check out am go to Animal Kingdom and use OS for lunch that i didnt use the first day. check into BWV in the afternoon where i will start another dining plan through them and already have it planned using all meals/snacks

My question is can you use 2 different meal plans on the same day example the day i check out of pop and check into boardwalk id be on 2 different meal plans. is this allowed. We are doing the poly. leu too which counts as 2 table service so that helps us use up the dinners.

I am interested in this two but have another variation on the question. We are looking at staying at DVC renting points next year. We will most likely make that reservation far in advance and then play the waiting game on airfare or may use FF miles. The kicker there is that we would need to have some flexibility on our dates. My though was to try to get the return date at whatever the end date of our DVC stay was and if we had to go early just book a room at Disney a few days early and then switch to DVC. (If I have the choice of paying more for airfare with less time at WDW or less for airfare but have a few more days at WDW I would choose the few extra days with the mouse!).

The question is that if we were to stay at a Disney resort before our DVC stay I could get park tickets for the entire stay right when we check in at the first resort and pay for the dinning plan for those first few nights. I could also pay to get the dinning plan when we go DVC. What would be nice is if we could combine our park tickets from the first stay onto our room cards for the DVC stay. In essence get it so that at each stay we had just the onen set of cards with our park tickets, room key, charging privileges and DDP credits. That would make it easier than dealing with separate tickets on our keys from our first stay but have our room keys and dining plan credits for our DVC stay on the cards we get when we check in there.

I don't know if any of that makes sense. Essentially we would like to do a split stay but have only one set of cards with everything on them.

Pedler you won't be able to do that with a cash reservation and DVC reservation on points. Especially with the dining plan. Even before the Dining plan when we have stayed DVC and wanted to pay cash for the weekend at the same DVC resort, we have to check out, check back in, and get new cards. We have been lucky a few times and remained in the same room, but not always.

So changing from a nonDVC resort cash reservation to a DVC resort on points, is going to have to be 2 completely seperate reservations.

Now once you check in at the DVC resort you might get them to take the tickets from your previous resort and add them to your current IDs but not sure. It will really depend on how accommidating the CM is.

Pedler said:
I am interested in this two but have another variation on the question. We are looking at staying at DVC renting points next year. We will most likely make that reservation far in advance and then play the waiting game on airfare or may use FF miles. The kicker there is that we would need to have some flexibility on our dates. My though was to try to get the return date at whatever the end date of our DVC stay was and if we had to go early just book a room at Disney a few days early and then switch to DVC. (If I have the choice of paying more for airfare with less time at WDW or less for airfare but have a few more days at WDW I would choose the few extra days with the mouse!).

The question is that if we were to stay at a Disney resort before our DVC stay I could get park tickets for the entire stay right when we check in at the first resort and pay for the dinning plan for those first few nights. I could also pay to get the dinning plan when we go DVC. What would be nice is if we could combine our park tickets from the first stay onto our room cards for the DVC stay. In essence get it so that at each stay we had just the onen set of cards with our park tickets, room key, charging privileges and DDP credits. That would make it easier than dealing with separate tickets on our keys from our first stay but have our room keys and dining plan credits for our DVC stay on the cards we get when we check in there.

I don't know if any of that makes sense. Essentially we would like to do a split stay but have only one set of cards with everything on them.

we did the smae thing the flight waiting game. we originally planned onflying out on the 6staying for 5 nights at BWV by renting points but it was cheaper to fly out the day we are and yeah its a few extra days. we didnt want to add the days after BWV because going from BWV-POP may have been a culture shock! ha ha. dont get me wrong i love the pop but we will be spoiled at BWV. I thought i read somewhere that at the DVC the only thing that is on your room key is the dining plan. the park hooper tickets wont be on it not sure if this is true, that kinda stinks. my question is
we are doing 2 nights pop 5 BWV (renting points) please tell me i can buy a 7 day hopper pass not a 2 day then a 5 day.

Sammie said:
Pedler you won't be able to do that with a cash reservation and DVC reservation on points. Especially with the dining plan. Even before the Dining plan when we have stayed DVC and wanted to pay cash for the weekend at the same DVC resort, we have to check out, check back in, and get new cards. We have been lucky a few times and remained in the same room, but not always.

So changing from a nonDVC resort cash reservation to a DVC resort on points, is going to have to be 2 completely seperate reservations.

Now once you check in at the DVC resort you might get them to take the tickets from your previous resort and add them to your current IDs but not sure. It will really depend on how accommidating the CM is.

Thanks for the info Sammie. Thats what I would like to have them do. Having the tickets on one set of keys and our dinning plan / room keys on another set would get confusing. I assume that the DVC room keys look just like the other resort keys.

disneyobessed said:
The same day? Sure? The same meal? Maybe not so easily, but it can be done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter