Club Villain Watch Thread-2017

This article is from 2016. I think it's just a typo on the year in the party dates, as these dates are Sat/Sun in 2017.

(Or maybe they are in the process of updating info...?????)

I thought it may have been in advance (wishful thinking probably) as the post is end of last year and the comments are all from March and April this year. :confused3

Is it coming back for sure?

The dates were released in July so we'll just have to wait and see. I highly recommending securing an ADR somewhere else just in case. I made mine at Minnie's Dine around the same time frame so it wouldn't interfere with my daily itinerary. When CV comes out I'll cancel Minnie's without any hiccups.

Last edited:

ha! This is my plan too! I have Minnie's dine scheduled for Friday night of our trip which I will gladly cancel for CV should the dates be released.

I am hoping the first week dec they have this. Club Villain would be perfect for my family. I'll have to keep my sat and Fri nights free.

I can not afford it I am having to scrap for the one I have planned (SW flights sucked today) but I am sure thinking about it for the 50th.

I have done two Halloween parties at DL by the way and we saw the Villain's at that time too.

I can not afford it I am having to scrap for the one I have planned (SW flights sucked today) but I am sure thinking about it for the 50th.

I have done two Halloween parties at DL by the way and we saw the Villain's at that time too.

We're flying Delta and so far things don't look pretty $:sad1::sad:.

Will definitely be doing this if it is offered for our Nov trip. This was the best hard ticket event we have ever attended, with the possible exception of Disney After Hours.

Joining in the watch! I also hope it'll be offered for November, we would love to see this.

Flight to MCO are booked and paid for. So I will be there. Now Disney release this party in oct nov dec pleassseee.

Spoke with a friend who is a lawyer for Disney. She thought that they built new space for CV because Star Wars or something was going to be delayed and they need something to bring people to HS. I'm back to hoping this pans out. Really hoping the new venue is larger and the price might go back to $99 - we have 7 tix to buy :(. Cancelled last year because just couldn't see spending the $125/pp for a 2 hr party, but really regret it now!

I saw the same DVC dates posted for November. I called Disney's reservation line, and they confirmed those dates. The response that I got was, "I have a few Club Villain dates for Vacation Club members in November, but nothing else yet". This was probably 2 months ago. I've called back a few times since, hoping for more information, and have received basically the same response.

November?? After Halloween?? :sad2:
I think those are preliminary dates, being offered at a discount for vacation club members. My hunch is that more dates will be offered to everyone, before and possibly even after those November dates.

I'm basing this theory on the fact that Disney included CV in their Halloween advertising last year. So, it seems likely that they would do it again, especially with HS attractions running thin for a couple of years. Plus they wouldn't need to offer discounts during the month most compatible with villains (October). And, I don't think they would only do CV for a few dates this year... especially if those few dates are in November. It wouldn't surprise me to see general public Club Villain dates announced for September through November, or something like that.

I think those are preliminary dates, being offered at a discount for vacation club members. My hunch is that more dates will be offered to everyone, before and possibly even after those November dates.

I have to agree, we went early last September and at the time it was with a TIW discount. There were a lot of dates offered, we selected the discounted one LOL.

I saw the same DVC dates posted for November. I called Disney's reservation line, and they confirmed those dates. The response that I got was, "I have a few Club Villain dates for Vacation Club members in November, but nothing else yet". This was probably 2 months ago. I've called back a few times since, hoping for more information, and have received basically the same response.
IIRC, that article was dated 2016, but showed 2017 dates. It's since been removed from the DPB site. Either a typo in the article, or an old article they are in the process of updating for this year. The show was offered Fri / Sat last year, and the dates in the article corresponded to Thurs / Fri in 2017, leading me to believe there's an error somewhere, and likely why it's "missing" now.

IIRC, that article was dated 2016, but showed 2017 dates. It's since been removed from the DPB site. Either a typo in the article, or an old article they are in the process of updating for this year. The show was offered Fri / Sat last year, and the dates in the article corresponded to Thurs / Fri in 2017, leading me to believe there's an error somewhere, and likely why it's "missing" now.

If it is offered on Thursday this year, I would have to re-work my itineraries. I was planning to attend one on a Saturday after a MNSSHP on Friday. I do hope it is a good sign that WDW is going to run the event again this year with the 2017 dates being mentioned. Wishful thinking is allowed, right? ;)

Still hopeful after the tweet the other week. I have a Friday night planned for it but I can swap it with Thursday that week if need be. I already had to do some jiggling to get my River of Light dining on a Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter