Club level vs. standard..what is the diff?

luvdisney77

Mouseketeer
I have never stayed club level. Always just value and mod. Considering heavily club (business).

What are the major benefits? Tell me your experiences:)

Thanks!!

we love cl!! i have been at three bc, poly, and one off site the hilton dtd. it is a very very nice treat. you get breakfast and snacks during the day plus a light lunch and dinner items, and drinks and desserts. we aren't big eaters so the food was enough for us. others might say there isn't enough food to make meals out of. plus if you want to get ressies for other places to eat a cm can make them for you right on the spot. you also will get a special key to the elevator that only the guest of the cl can go into.

In a word, meals! We saved a fortune in food when staying CL at AKL by taking advantage of the continental breakfast, snacks, and dinner items. The finger food and soup/stew was plenty for us, and juice, pastry, cereal and yogurt was a perfect breakfast. It was nice to have CMs outside our door to help with whatever we needed, but, for us, it was all about the food! :)

Breakfast is a given in the lounge for us almost every day - so convenient. Oatmeal, cereal, bagels, toast, danish, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. We don't care about the afternoon snacks (chips, cookies, goldfish, gummies, etc.), but if we're at the resort for an afternoon swim then we'll stop by the lounge and get some snacks plus a lot of drinks for the pool. You'll have all the pop and beer you could want, which is mainly what my DH cares about. Beer is out in the lounge from 5-7 each night, but ask the CM's if you want it at any other time of the day or night and they'll get it for you. Evening appetizers are put out from 5-7 which we certainly take advantage of. Then desserts later on which are always a fun way to end the night. For us, staying club is about convenience and my kids LOVE it as well, so it works well for our family.

A question for those who use CL for breakfast. Do you often to to Early MH?

Do you have time to eat CL and get on a bus to get to a park early enough?

Although pricey, totally worth it. We stayed at the Poly and GF and both were great, plenty of food drinks & snacks...our only issue was not having enough time to enjoy it...:goodvibes too busy park hopping

I have stayed GF RPC, GF SL, YC, BC, BWI and AKL club level.

Worth it is relative. Are you going solo? Probably not going to be worth the price you will pay for the upcharge. Breakfast is cereal and pastries. If it's the only time you will use the lounge you are going to spend a lot of money for it.

It's convenient. It is relaxing. You have to put a value on these things in addition to the food offerings.

Yes, we do EM hours early. I've stayed 3 different club levels, GF, CR, WL. The breakfast items are an easy grab and go (bagels, pastries, drinks with to-go-cups). My kiddos will grab a to-go-cup and put fruit, or dry cereal in them and also grab a drink (milk or a juice).

My recommendation - If wanting to try CL try WL first. I believe it is the least expensive of the CLs. We have stayed there twice in the deluxe room which sleeps 6. (we are a fam of 6). All the standard CL rooms (sleep 4) are on the same floor as the CL lounge. The cast members are super nice and friendly. If you can get a discount for standard CL , the CL room can be cheaper than other deluxe resort standard rooms (non CL). Also the ride from WL to MK on the boat is very nice.

Our favorite CL is CR. The lounge faces the MK and you can enjoy evening desserts while watching the fireworks. You also get cordials, beer, or wine. If you have lil kiddos, then you have a short walk down the hall to bed without fighting crowds or transportation. Other CL's have views of fireworks, but CR is the best unobstructed view of the castle. We can't stay there anymore because of our family size. :sad1:

I also like the IPO (itinerary planning office) you can take advantage of on CL. Prior to your trip, you let them know your ADR or other reservations for shows or spas, and they will make them for you. The primary line of communication is thru email, and they are very prompt. If you book far enough out they will keep track of the time needed to make the reservations so you don't miss them.

You also get a personal check-in. They either wait for you in the lobby (knowing when you will be arriving) or if you let the bell hop know your CL they take you right up to the CL for check in. I always take care of the check-in while my hubby takes the kiddos to the lounge to get snacks and relax after our traveling.

Some say it isn't worth the cost. For us, we can afford it and it makes my traveling less stressful.

The difference with club level is you pay what it costs for a week or two of groceries EVERY NIGHT for the privilege of having access to a lounge with some appetizers and continental breakfast. Oh, and you get access to a concierge desk that will do for you what you can do for yourself if you spend 2 minutes online.

Whoopdie doo

Everyone's definition of "worth" is different as it's not the same for everybody, but for us, we love CL and think it's worth it. We've stayed GF RPC, GF SL, and WL CL and although the snacks, drinks, and appetizers are great, we stay CL mostly for the convenience of the lounge. It's nice to have somewhere to go to relax other than in the room or other parts of the resort. The evening offerings aren't meant to be a replacement for meals, but can be enough for dinner depending on how one eats. I could easily make meals out of the nightly offerings, but my DH and two DSs could not, so we still make ADRs and eat a TS meal every night of our trips. Good luck deciding, but CL is a nice treat, IMO.

Stayed at the GF concierge level in October for the first time. For us, it was definitely not worth the extra cost. Our time is spent mainly at the parks so we are not at the resort during lunch or dinner. And, breakfast at the parks is much better. The snacks served later in the evening were nothing special. Would not do again!! :sad2:

We actually find it quite a bit qucker to get CL breakfast than getting a food court breakfast. Truly....we personally tend to do evening EMH more than morning emh, but the food is offered early enough to do it. Coffee starts at 6:30am, and the rest of brekafast is laid out by 7am. (it arrives on trays, so some items may actually be out before 7am. It varies at each resort depending on how long it takes the staff to set up.) They also put out paper cups, so you can take drinks with you.

Then agian, you also have a fridge in your room, so if you wanted to put food there for the next morning that's also an option, I suppose.

DisneyHolidayFan said:
Stayed at the GF concierge level in October for the first time. For us, it was definitely not worth the extra cost. Our time is spent mainly at the parks so we are not at the resort during lunch or dinner. And, breakfast at the parks is much better. The snacks served later in the evening were nothing special. Would not do again!! :sad2:

I agree.... Not with the cost... For that extra 100.00-150.00 per day, I can set up my regular room with everything and more from a grocery store and pocket 75.00-125.00 a day and have it anytime I want with better quality and quantity ...

Rooms are no different and as for the IPO, as stated above, I can do that myself 160 days out.... They can't get you anything that's book full either....

Have done CL alot years ago when offerings were better and CL was alot cheaper and discounts bigger .... Anymore it's just a rip off for what you get...

The difference with club level is you pay what it costs for a week or two of groceries EVERY NIGHT for the privilege of having access to a lounge with some appetizers and continental breakfast. Oh, and you get access to a concierge desk that will do for you what you can do for yourself if you spend 2 minutes online.
Whoopdie doo

Worth is highly subjective. I can't argue that's it is worthwhile for you, but we think it's great.

We generally have 4-5 people per room and use a discount. With 2 guests at rack rates, it's less value. I also disagree with the 'week's' worth of groceries, but it depends on rate, ppl per room, etc.

It also matters a good deal if you will be drinking alcohol, and eating the appetizers/desserts/all day beverages. Again, you are probably right that you could go to a grocery store and get beer, etc. your self for a lower total bill than a week of CL....but if you were instead going to have beer at the bars of WDW- then CL starts to look better, plus I don't have to cook or do dishes!

For the lounge to be worthile, you have to go back to the resort during the day. If that's not your style, then CL probably doesn't make much sense. It also is not as worthwhile if you like eggs for breakfast. For me, I really like fruit in the a.m, and good fruits can be hard to find in the food courts. I also speak as someone who has tried many options over the years. Going to a grocery store takes time away from my very limited vacation, and time is money.

Another thing I like on CL is drinking coffee from a real mug. I really dislike the refillable mugs. I use them, but I much prefer real milk. When we do the refillable mugs, I always end up paying for milk. I also am not fond of TS breakfasts in the AM at WDW: too slow.

As for the assessment regarding club staff, not all CL are equal, and the new online booking is much better than the old system! If you'd only use the CL staff to do bookings after 180 days, you may be better off doing them online. All that said, we typically go to WDW as group of 12. Getting ADR's for 12 is easier when CL staff does it, esp if we book ahead of 180 days. We get the actual times we want!

Having the lounge as a meet up place is great.

As I'm the designated tour guide- having CL staff to answer questions makes my vacation much more enjoyable. Iinstead of relying on me, my family asks the staff. Beyond that, I'm not sure where to begin, but many times the staff has been very helpful. Once we lost a purse. The CL staff member located it in minutes! We probably would have eventually found it, but it would have taken much longer, and been much more stressful.

And that's just one example. Most of the others are too complicated to exmplain quickly. Staff can't do everything, but often they are quick to offer help, rather than us having to stand in line for 15minutes to seek help- and that makes all the difference.

There's no promise staff will do major extras, but lots of times they do add extra small touches. The number of little extras have been numerous and personal. Like once getting a fresh orchid in our room! Trash is emptied/towels refreshed twice a day. Again, it makes a world of difference when we have five people per room. (as opposed to just two) We try to reuse towels, but it's not always easy.

So I'd say, yes, the extra staff matters. In my mind, it kind of comes down to a time is money way of thinking. If you prefer to do things yourself, and don't mind taking time from your vacation to save a little, then CL may not be for you. If you feel time is money (as in you want to spend all of your vacation vacationing)- then CL starts to make more sense.

I made a spread sheet and tracked what we ate/drank (rough est). It was worth it for this family of 5. We are not big breakfast eaters, cereal/ fruit or yogurt. But at least 2 coffees for the adults. Having to deal w the lines at quick service to pay $35-40 every am right off the bat was a savings.
Second-- drinks. We are not lushes (well maybe I am) but enjoy a glass or two of wine/beer. Having that glass or two in the CL saved easily $35 a day. I'm also a coffee/espresso all day girl. Those 3-4$ add right up.
Third-- being able to spread out somewhere other than the room was soooooo nice. Esp as my kids span age 2-12. The 2 older ones went to the Club to do homework while the little one would go out and play etc. And it was certainly cheaper to pay CL than upgrade to a 1 br villa.

We did not pay $150 night more, it was about $35 an night.

Hth
Heather

If you look at rack rates, fm difference between regular standard room and club level is 100.00-150.00 more per night.... No way 35.00 more... Where you getting your figures .....

blackacex2 said:

Whoopdie doo

Wow, for someone who was dying to book CL at BW only if you could get a BW view room, you sound kind of bitter now. Why the sudden change of heart?

Wow, for someone who was dying to book CL at BW only if you could get a BW view room, you sound kind of bitter now. Why the sudden change of heart?

The difference in price per night for me at the boardwalk was only going to be about $35 per night vs a water view boardwalk inn room. Now for $35 per night I'd enjoy the club level lounge, no doubt about it. That was based on a special travel agent rate, however. I'll never understand $150-200 more for it, unless of course you are just plain rich.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter